Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-12-2008   #1
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default East-West Shirners Game

Several interesting players to watch for day two canidates.

http://www.shrinegame.com/rosters.php
Old 01-13-2008   #2
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: East-West Shirners Game

I am going to predict right here and now that on the list of two teams worth of all stars you will find the Texans 7th round draft pick.

My early favorite is Bryan Kehl Lb from BYU. Subject to change.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #3
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Flynn (LSU) is going to play in this?

Where is he projected to be picked?
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I will be meeting all the players today. They have to spend some time with the Shriner patients. I will try to take some pictures and post them. I will report back later.
Old 01-13-2008   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I will be meeting all the players today. They have to spend some time with the Shriner patients. I will try to take some pictures and post them. I will report back later.
If you can, try to meet Curtis Johnson, LB, from Clark Atlanta. His stock has gone up alot.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well let us know bout the light wieght lineman....whether they have the personlity and they can move.

Couple of QBs we can stash away on the PS for rainy day...'09. Project guys just in case. I watched the Delaware guy, Palko one afternoon. He's a good project player. I wouldn't mind a FA contrct or late day two pick on Dennis Dixon. Let the staff work with him for a couple of off seasons. See if the arm and mind develope.
Old 01-13-2008   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
If you can, try to meet Curtis Johnson, LB, from Clark Atlanta. His stock has gone up alot.
I'll try.
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2008   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well let us know bout the light wieght lineman....whether they have the personlity and they can move.

Couple of QBs we can stash away on the PS for rainy day...'09. Project guys just in case. I watched the Delaware guy, Palko one afternoon. He's a good project player. I wouldn't mind a FA contrct or late day two pick on Dennis Dixon. Let the staff work with him for a couple of off seasons. See if the arm and mind develope.
I can't wait to see these guys preform and see some new prospects for the 2008 NFL draft.
Old 01-13-2008   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I'll try.
Thanks. You are lucky to go. Have fun.
Old 01-13-2008   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Project guys just in case. I watched the Delaware guy, Palko one afternoon. He's a good project player.
The Delaware guy is Flacco. Palko played for Pitt last year. Flacco is huge, and has a cannon. He has a shot to go in the second, but more than likely he will go in the 3rd.
Old 01-13-2008   #11
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Delaware guy is Flacco. Palko played for Pitt last year. Flacco is huge, and has a cannon. He has a shot to go in the second, but more than likely he will go in the 3rd.
Same guy. He transferred to Delaware from Pitt.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #12
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I like Dennis Dixon as well. His injury might cause him to fall to where he might be had for a late rounder
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35 View Post
Same guy. He transferred to Delaware from Pitt.
Right. But he said the guy from Deleware was Palko, not Flacco. I was trying to clear things up.
Old 01-14-2008   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

I had a great time with the players yesterday at the Shrine Hospital. I have some good pics but I am trying to figure out how to get them on the board(that should take me about two years)Dick Vermeil and Mike White came over to talk with me. I spoke with Matt Flynn and he was very nice but seemed quiet. JD from Clark,Atlanta was also very nice. Actually,they were all great. Sam Keller,the QB from Nebraska was a riot. His dad lives in my mom's hometown so they spent a lot of time talking about where they went when they were younger. He stayed with me for a few hours. The defensive coordinator from the Bills was there. I told him that the Texans need Marshawn Lynch. He laughed and told me that if I liked Marshawn(sp) I should become a Bills fan. I told him no. All the guys but the one from Texas said they don't care what team from the NFL would pick them. One said any team but the Cowboys while the player from UT wants to be a Cowboy and beat the Steelers a--.
Old 01-15-2008   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post

Vermiel just said that he has a hurt shoulder and is being replced by the Marshal QB.
Old 01-15-2008   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pedro Sosa, LT from Rutgers, about 6'4-6'5, 290-295 lbs

I'm still not sure whether he can handle the really quick guys in the NFL.

The nfldraftscouts.com reports that he did well in practice today:

"Sosa rarely got beat today, using his nice footwork and extending his long arms to keep (defensive) ends at bay. His anchor is pretty solid as well. "
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008   #17
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post

ESPiN the Rag showed him undrafted or maybe 7th round.

I threw away the issue already, otherwise I'd confirm.
Old 01-15-2008   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Michael Grant, FS, ARK

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=10622
Old 01-15-2008   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

More reports from Shrine game:

Alvin Bowen, LB, SS (Iowa St.)

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=67839

Ryan Wendell, C, Fresno St.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=32890

Kevin O'Connell, QB, SD St.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=14617
Old 01-16-2008   #20
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Flacco looked good in the playoffs for 1-AA but had a bad game against app state and I do like Wendell also
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read