Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2008   #1
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Has it hit you yet?

The offseason hangover? No more Texans for awhile, 6 months until training camp, 3 months until the draft.......it really hit me this morning, I had a dream last night about the Texans in the playoffs and woke up to nothing. Ah well, here's to next season and the time in between.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Has it hit you yet?

NFL is still going strong. After the SB I'll start hurting though.
Old 01-12-2008   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Not until just now when I read this thread. Thanks alot!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #4
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
The offseason hangover? No more Texans for awhile, 6 months until training camp, 3 months until the draft.......it really hit me this morning, I had a dream last night about the Texans in the playoffs and woke up to nothing. Ah well, here's to next season and the time in between.

The NFL offseason is torture ! As Malloy said , after the SB when theres no football at all , thats when it really sets in . Then its that little over a month till baseball season thats really a bizznitch ! College basketball and the NBA just don't do it for me . This up coming Astros season may not be any fun either . But hey , at least its baseball !

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

It hit me last weekend when I was sitting around with my so called friends (Titans fans) and watching the playoff game between the Chargers.
Sucks, because all of my friends are either: Packers, Giants, Cowboys, Patriots, and Titan fans. And then there's little ole' me, lost.

Anyways, had some self gratification though....during the Chargers/Titans game my three Titan friends were sitting with me outside at the big screen at the local bar. Inside there was a lone Charger fan. I went up to the Charger fan and told him evertime the Chargers score, I'd buy him a jager shot if he did a lap outside screaming with his hands in the air behind my Titan friends.
He agreed.

It was wonderful, and well worth the money.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #6
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Not until just now when I read this thread. Thanks alot!
Sorry bout that
Old 01-12-2008   #7
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
NFL is still going strong. After the SB I'll start hurting though.
Same with me. The Pro Bowl is like my last gasp for breath though. The NBA usually carries me over to the summer though. During that time, free agency and the draft happen. The bad thing is though, I woke up this morning thinking there was going to be a Texans game tomorrow. I kept thinking about who we were going to play, then remembered...
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2008   #8
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry bout that
I am actually kind of excited for the offseason as weird as that sounds. We are coming off our best season yet in a buzz saw of a division while basically leading the league in injuries. Will we take that next step? This is THE most important offseason to date... its the 3rd for the new regime (Smith a bit later of course), and will set the tone for the next 4 or 5 years imo. The 3 year mark is usually a measuring stick for a new coach,etc in this league. And due to our recent draft history and the moves we have made under this crew (Gibbs the latest fantastic move)... there is no reason for us not to continue this trend, make good decisions, and really put us on the NFL map for good starting next year imo.

Its kind of weird... its like we have finally made it back to where we were after that 7-9 season a few back. A "take it to the next level" feeling so to speak. That seems like eons ago. Unfortunately that didnt work out as we all expected. Actually, now that I think about it.... after filtering out that team for the most part and rebuilding... I would not change anything and feel that if this all comes together it will be all that more worth it in the end. We are building something special imo... and these next 6 months will be very crucial.

Here is to an exciting off season!!!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I only have two sports seasons. Football season and the draft season. Everything else is just noise. got the playoffs this weekend then the senior bowl and then the combine. Life is good. Let's have another corona ?
Old 01-12-2008   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
It hit me last weekend when I was sitting around with my so called friends (Titans fans) and watching the playoff game between the Chargers.
Sucks, because all of my friends are either: Packers, Giants, Cowboys, Patriots, and Titan fans. And then there's little ole' me, lost.

Anyways, had some self gratification though....during the Chargers/Titans game my three Titan friends were sitting with me outside at the big screen at the local bar. Inside there was a lone Charger fan. I went up to the Charger fan and told him evertime the Chargers score, I'd buy him a jager shot if he did a lap outside screaming with his hands in the air behind my Titan friends.
He agreed.

It was wonderful, and well worth the money.
that could be easily be the best use of money I have seen ever. Ever
Old 01-12-2008   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Tes and no. Yes because my team is not in the playoffs. No because playoffs are going on and I am getting Free Agent list ready, and doing draft chart and looking at what the Texans need. I have to do something to keep me occuspied sports wise until Baseball season. I am sorta paying attention to college basketball but not like I used to and I am not into pros hardly at all, I will check box scores is about it.
Old 01-12-2008   #12
ATX
Hall of Fame

It just seems like the football season goes by so fast sometimes.......other sports just don't do it for me.
Old 01-12-2008   #13
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed. I want them to play 30 games a season instead, and give the teams a 150mil$ limit and a 80 player roster. Soccer players play almost all year around, 3 games a week and although American football is somewhat different, the endurance side of it is still the same.

So, longer seasons, more money and more players!
Old 01-12-2008   #14
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I thought that's what NASCAR was for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #15
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I thought that's what NASCAR was for...
I never could or would get into Nascar.
Old 01-12-2008   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never could or would get into Nascar.
Seems too monopolized by Hendrick these days... It was better in the 90s...

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 01-12-2008   #17
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Seems too monopolized by Hendrick these days... It was better in the 90s...
Maybe it's just me, but I never could get into car racing of any type. It's like golf to me, better doing it than watching it I suppose.
Old 01-12-2008   #18
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I never could get into car racing of any type. It's like golf to me, better doing it than watching it I suppose.
Probably. I raced on the local tracks in Seattle in the late-90s.

Quote:
Old 01-12-2008   #19
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Veering this thread back on topic..sorta...

Nah, until there is no Pro football on TV to watch...the season is still a go.

Now I have time to focus on my cheesehead fascination. Whoop them ospreys!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #20
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm good until after the SB. I'm not a fool about baseball, but I enjoy March Madness. With any luck, will start around then but Feb - August is a much, much longer time than Aug - Feb.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read