Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2008   #21
CT CSTM
Rookie

Rep Power: 70 CT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ***favorite player thread***

My favorite current players is hard to say since I'm personal friends with several of them,,,I've known Pitts the longest and he's as good of a guy as you can meet. He's done alot for me and my family. I'm probably closest to Charles Spencer, we hunt and fish together, our families have spent holidays at the others houses, our kids play and his better half and my better half are really good friends as well. Another I'm close to in a way is Mario, he's a quiet guy until you get to know him and then he's a plum chatterbox. He's a stand up guy, loves life,loves Houston,loves football and appreciates what he has. Amobi is another great guy, comes from a good family, is well grounded and just loves playing in the NFL. Recently met Andre Johnson, is as he is on TV, soft spoken,humble and just down right nice...

Former players,,,Jamie Sharper and Alfred Malone. Jamie is a fun guy to hang with, he misses the game and still will go to the occassional Texans game. You get to know him and he just is the definition of a real football guy. Alfred Malone is a hilarious guy,,,he can leave you in stitches after hanging out with him for a bit. Got lucky to spend a weekend going up to Dallas with him right before he signed with Green Bay,,,he'll still live in Houston which is a good thing,,,it'd be a shame to lose a great guy like him here in the community.
Old 01-12-2008   #22
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT CSTM View Post
My favorite current players is hard to say since I'm personal friends with several of them,,,I've known Pitts the longest and he's as good of a guy as you can meet. He's done alot for me and my family. I'm probably closest to Charles Spencer, we hunt and fish together, our families have spent holidays at the others houses, our kids play and his better half and my better half are really good friends as well. Another I'm close to in a way is Mario, he's a quiet guy until you get to know him and then he's a plum chatterbox. He's a stand up guy, loves life,loves Houston,loves football and appreciates what he has. Amobi is another great guy, comes from a good family, is well grounded and just loves playing in the NFL. Recently met Andre Johnson, is as he is on TV, soft spoken,humble and just down right nice...

Former players,,,Jamie Sharper and Alfred Malone. Jamie is a fun guy to hang with, he misses the game and still will go to the occassional Texans game. You get to know him and he just is the definition of a real football guy. Alfred Malone is a hilarious guy,,,he can leave you in stitches after hanging out with him for a bit. Got lucky to spend a weekend going up to Dallas with him right before he signed with Green Bay,,,he'll still live in Houston which is a good thing,,,it'd be a shame to lose a great guy like him here in the community.
Oh man, you're quite lucky to get to hang out with these guys and get to know them like that.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #23
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite is Andre Johnson......great player and been with the team for so long. Here's my top 5 list.

1. AJ
2. Dunta
3. Demeco
4. Mario
5. Owen Daniels(he was on my bad side during that fumbling stretch however)
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #24
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

1. Kris Brown
2. Jacoby Jones
3. Dunta Robinson / Fred Bennett
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels

Last edited by devo-x; 01-12-2008 at 11:16 AM.
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #25
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm probably closest to Charles Spencer, we hunt and fish together, our families have spent holidays at the others houses, our kids play and his better half and my better half are really good friends as well.
Any thoughts on Lance Zierlein's "inside information" that Spencer is overweight and likely done with football?
Old 01-12-2008   #26
CT CSTM
Rookie

Rep Power: 70 CT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Any thoughts on Lance Zierlein's "inside information" that Spencer is overweight and likely done with football?

Ya,,,he aint done! Can't remember the guy up North that is a former NFL O-Lineman. He has a workout facility and specializes in working out OLinemen in the off season. Charles is all ready signed up to go, he's doing it on his own, the Texans aren't making him do it. His weight like anyone elses can fluctuate, he has to weigh in like anyone else but for so long he couldn't work out alot. I do know that when we eat together he watches what he eats and drinks and always knows his weight to the half pound. He works out at home before he goes to Reliant to do his workout and therapy and on weekends and days offs he works out upstairs at home. When he's doing that upstairs and you are downstairs you could swear the whole house is coming down!
Old 01-12-2008   #27
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

It's a toss up between Mario Williams (because he put an ass load of feet in people's mouths this season) and DeMeco Ryans (who is just generally a complete beast). If we wanted to go offensively, I would have to say Andre or Dayne, for different reasons.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2008   #28
Baga21
Rookie

Gotta give it up for DeMeco! Flat out just gets it done.

I really like Winston and what kind of attitude he brings to the line.

Old Skool: Al Smith, C Dishman, B McDowell
Baga21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #29
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson. He has done the most for this franchise.
A close second is D-Rob! Cant wait to see him play again!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #30
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ole Sharper is still doing well these days,,,talk to him about once a month or so,,,he still misses the game,,,ALOT!

[IMG][/IMG]
Ah, my favorite Texan to date! Miss him dearly on the roster. I caught alot of crap when he was cut and I rose a big stink on the boards. Tried to get him to come over and sign one of my #55 jerseys in Seattle in '05 but he wouldn't come over...

FAVE player of all time: Who else? Love me some Favre!! You'd have to have a screw loose not to like him, if not just a smidge.

Current Texan: Owen Daniels, he shares my passion for weather and is a darn good player. There are several honorable mentions too.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #31
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ya,,,he aint done! Can't remember the guy up North that is a former NFL O-Lineman. He has a workout facility and specializes in working out OLinemen in the off season. Charles is all ready signed up to go, he's doing it on his own, the Texans aren't making him do it.
Be sure to let him know that we're all pulling for him.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #32
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

thats awesome dogg, what do you do if you dont mind me asking, and how can i get in tighit with amobi....haha we're the same age i always thought that would be cool.....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #33
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
his interview on texans tv would suggest otherwise

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #34
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Favorite present TEXAN? Anyone wearing a TEXAN uni and giving their heart and soul to our team! If I wanted to pick out a few standouts amongst them, it would be Kris Brown, Demeco, AJ, and Mario. I'm warming up to OD, kinda like "tight ends", and Kevin Walter. Dunta will always be a fav of any TEXAN fan.

PAST Texans! BILLY MILLER, hands down!!! JJ Moses was FUN to watch, and brought a lot of excitement to the team. Full of heart, but just to darn slow.

Fav past football players! Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Jim Kelly when he played for the Gamblers, and I followed his career to Buffalo, and of course the infamous great EARL!!! MANY others are rushing through my mind, but, I'll quit while I'm ahead!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #35
CT CSTM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Be sure to let him know that we're all pulling for him.

He reads the boards,,,
Old 01-12-2008   #36
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Charles, that thing I said about your sister was totally in jest.

Really.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #37
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He reads the boards,,,

awesome.. i always wondered about that- i know i would all the time if i was a player

anyway my vote is tie between mario and travis although i like everyone really tbh
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #38
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

My favourite player of all time is Walter Payton, it was he and the Chicago Bears defence that got me into the game. Bears are still my second team.

As for favourite Texan, well its Andre and Demeco, though I have soft spot for Glenn and Sharper.

I wonder how mant of you will say Matt Stevens? (j/k - and I hope he gets better soon).
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #39
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson is the best in Texans history not including the Houston Oilers we all know that Earl Cambell & Warren Moon are at the top.
Old 01-14-2008   #40
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

it's Duante for me because I've always felt like he had that "loosing isn't ok" attitude when it was bad. and that's what this team is being built upon. winners.

second, Andre Johnson, no question for his humble attitude.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read