Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-11-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default HPF:1st Dream of a Virgin Offseason

Quote:
I didnít want to let this guilty pleasure happen, thinking about who Iíd love the Texans to sign in free agency. Not yet, at least. Itís too early in the offseason.

I really like to wait until late February to dig into the free agency options, once we know how all the teams handled their franchise and transition tags and whether they re-signed their own players. That, and it usually takes me that long to remember to shy away from wanting to see the Texans spend any big money on free agents, mostly since they have failed miserably just about every single time they signed someone.

But here we are, Januaryís a *****, and the Texans are out of the playoffs. So I have some free time on Sundays once again to let the mind wander.

And as much as I want to take Bob McNairís checkbook and hide it between my sofa cushions until April, there are just some guys that might be available in March (if weíre really, really lucky), the kind of players that have got me daydreaming of spending the sort of cash that might even make Richard Branson blush.
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/scout/scout152.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #2
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HPF:1st Dream of a Virgin Offseason

I like the idea of Dansby.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Quote:
There are too many needs to address in Aprilís draft, and outside linebacker seems like one that will be missed. Dansby, 26, is productive as a tackler and disruptive as a blitzer, and he is just as much of a threat in coverage. Under a new coaching staff this year in Arizona, Dansby moved inside and helped stabilize the defense with more tackles, sacks, and forced fumbles.

Paired with DeMeco Ryans, himself converted to middle linebacker just two years ago, these two could let each other fly all over the field making plays for the Texans. Me likey the dream of a DeMeco freed from feeling like the only one out there who can make a play sometimes.
from the link

that would be interesting
Old 01-11-2008   #4
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

what does richard branson have to do with this.... or does he???

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #5
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently the Cardinals would use the franchise tag instead of letting Dansby go.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
what does richard branson have to do with this.... or does he???
nothing really they used him because of the word Virgin (I supposed) for Virgin records or whatever they are
Old 01-11-2008   #7
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
nothing really they used him because of the word Virgin (I supposed) for Virgin records or whatever they are
oh, word....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2008   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i had a somewhat similiar crazy off-season dream a few nights ago- i wont lie it was awesome(and it was somewhat realistic/not impossible)... i think it was 2 nights after i made a thread about a similiar idea in the draft forum- anyway here it was:

the texans signed asomugha and dansby in FA before having a crazy draft day: iirc it went something like this:

we traded sage and next yrs 2nd rder to the bears for their pick and took ryan clady (this MB was going wild fyi)
at pick 18, kenny phillips, campbell, stewart and mendenhall were all still there and we decided to take phillips.. at this pt, everybody here was going crazy with excitement (bar the obligatory sage thread that is created lol) as you can imagine and we're all posting with excitement on our new players and about next yr..

next thing, the commish comes up to the podium and says: ' there has been a trade. With the 19th pick, the TEXANS select Calais Campbell, DE, Miami and we just go nuts (think like when AD scored to make it 38-36 v the tacks). turns out we traded next yrs 1st and 4th, plus this yrs 4th to make the trade (yes my dream was that precise actually

then in the 3rd rd we took jamaal charles and the longhorn section of the fanbase went crazy too!

at this point the guys on the tv were all over the texans saying how they had not just propelled themselves into the playoff picture but had emerged as a massive threat to indy's divisional stranglehold

then the rest of the draft went like this:
5th: some qb (im guessing my subconscious made up a fake name)
6th: some o-lineman (ditto)
7th: woke up sorry

it was a crazy dream really, loved it- top dream of '08 so far! so good i didnt mind writing 5? paragraphs on it lol
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i had a somewhat similiar crazy off-season dream a few nights ago- i wont lie it was awesome(and it was somewhat realistic/not impossible)... i think it was 2 nights after i made a thread about a similiar idea in the draft forum- anyway here it was:

the texans signed asomugha and dansby in FA before having a crazy draft day: iirc it went something like this:

we traded sage and next yrs 2nd rder to the bears for their pick and took ryan clady (this MB was going wild fyi)
at pick 18, kenny phillips, campbell, stewart and mendenhall were all still there and we decided to take phillips.. at this pt, everybody here was going crazy with excitement (bar the obligatory sage thread that is created lol) as you can imagine and we're all posting with excitement on our new players and about next yr..

next thing, the commish comes up to the podium and says: ' there has been a trade. With the 19th pick, the TEXANS select Calais Campbell, DE, Miami and we just go nuts (think like when AD scored to make it 38-36 v the tacks). turns out we traded next yrs 1st and 4th, plus this yrs 4th to make the trade (yes my dream was that precise actually

then in the 3rd rd we took jamaal charles and the longhorn section of the fanbase went crazy too!

at this point the guys on the tv were all over the texans saying how they had not just propelled themselves into the playoff picture but had emerged as a massive threat to indy's divisional stranglehold

it was a crazy dream really, loved it- top dream of '08 so far! so good i didnt mind writing 5? paragraphs on it lol
Way to think out of the box. I would do things differently, but I like the way you think.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would trade for a no 1 this year by trading an 09 mumber1 & the rights to Mathis. If I could get the rights to Oher & Mendenhal
Old 01-11-2008   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post

Wow. My dreams usually involve midgets, guns, and hot women, though not always in that order.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Wow. My dreams usually involve midgets, guns, and hot women, though not always in that order.
me too... but you cant dream about midgets every night

i just liked the detail of my texans dream
Old 01-11-2008   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Dreams about the Texans should always involve the CHEERLEADERS.
Old 01-11-2008   #14
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

From the title, I thought this was going to be a thread updating TheRealJoker's offseason.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've wanted him for years, I didn't realize he was still in his 20s. I think we were linked to him in trade rumors a year or two ago.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #16
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Calmate Chespirito!!
Old 01-11-2008   #17
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be extremely happy if we could somehow land Dansby and McCray this offseason.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #18
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Dreams about the Texans should always involve the CHEERLEADERS.
Does it count if the midgets are wearing the cheerleader outfits?

Can they be riding a donkey too?
Old 01-12-2008   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ditto. Up grade at OLB wouldn't hurt. Cards can't tag two. Figure they'll tag the safty. They pick up Dansby and there isn't major improvement in turnover production...then you can throw Smith under the bus. He shouldn't cost any where near what Briggs will cost. And you'll get a younger player with more upside at better price.

Greenwood plays well. Greenwood also is feared by no one.

Quote:
I stoped right there. Any scenrio having an untested rookie as your primary back up...not prudent... Let me finish it for you "we then claim David Carr off of waivers...."

Say hello to the March hair when you see him there Alice. Kubes & Smith are not going to do this.

http://www.bedtime-story.com/bedtime...cs-alice-7.htm

Last edited by threetoedpete; 01-12-2008 at 08:31 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #20
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post

I stoped right there. Any scenrio having an untested rookie as your primary back up...not prudent... Let me finish it for you "we then claim David Carr off of waivers...."

going into next yr with salaam as your starting LT is just as inprudent.. and gary did make carr look like a nfl qb last year (although not a good one).. compare that to how he looked this year and id take my chances on him making the rook look ok if he was needed

and btw we wouldnt sign carr.... we'd take BVP back

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read