Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2008   #1
Ali4Real

Question Questions And Answers

Questions Regarding Texans for 2008-2009 season.

1. Is it possible to put Brandon Frye as an OT or OG and if healthy puting Spencer as a OG for our new zone scheme?

2. How about getting Brain Billick as an Offenisve Coord.?

3. Would the NFL think about changing the NFL conferences and divisions for both AFC and NFC to fit geographically. Meaning put all southern teams in either AFC or NFC South, etc. etc.?

4. How about making our O-Line superb and drafting Mike Hart whose only had 3 fumbles in his entire carrer and carried Michigan on his shouldurs. Most teams are not looking at him and I think he is the best kept secret, imagine him on our team!

Mike Hart Stats:

Stat Overview Rushing Receiving Fumbles
YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
2004 282 1455 5.2 34 9 26 237 9.1 39 1 0 0
2005 150 662 4.4 64 4 16 154 9.6 34 1 0 0
2006 318 1562 4.9 54 14 17 125 7.4 31 0 0 0

Mike Hart Rushing Statistics:

Rushing Stats
YEAR TEAM ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST
2004 MICH 282 1455 5.2 34 9 0 0 0
2005 MICH 150 662 4.4 64 4 0 0 0
2006 MICH 318 1562 4.9 54 14 0 0 0

Mike Hart Receiving Statistics:

Receiving Stats
YEAR TEAM REC YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST
2004 MICH 26 237 9.1 39 1 0 0 0
2005 MICH 16 154 9.6 34 1 0 0 0
2006 MICH 17 125 7.4 31 0 0 0 0

http://www.mikehartonline.com/mike-hart-statistics.php
Old 01-10-2008   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Questions And Answers

This is a serious post? I'll go down question by question and give my opinions and thoughts:

1.) It's always possible, but I think Frye is going to have to show that he has the mobility to move in a ZBS scheme. I see him being depth, as well as Studdard too. Don't bank on Spencer being back. If he does come back, fantastic, but I don't think he's going to come back in any capacity for the Texans. If he does come back, I only see him as being depth like Frye.

2.) Not going to happen as the Texans have already hired Alex Gibbs as Asst. Head Coach and Kyle Shanahan as the OC. Besides, Billick won one Superbowl with an awesome defense, and had one of the most loaded teams ever seen in the Vikings that I think he might be a tad overrated.

3.) Probably not. The NFL tends to resist change like that for whatever reason. Learn to love playing against good teams.

4.) Honestly, the O-line will be just fine with Alex Gibbs coaching it up (I hope). I'm not a big fan of Mike Hart unless he's still available really really late (5th round+). He seems to be a little on the smaller side, and not all that fast. And I think what the Texans need now is a quick 1 cut and go runner who's got nice speed. Hart does not have nice speed. Also, he doesn't do a whole lot of receiving out of the backfield, which makes me think he's very 1 dimensional. Like I said, later rounds maybe, definitely not with our 3rd or 4th rounder. Also, he's been sort of dinged up here lately, so it makes you wonder if he's got the body to take an NFL pounding week in and week out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read