Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-10-2008   #1
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A little e-mail that I got from the AAFL

I know this isn't the NFL but it's not like we have an AAFL section. This is an upstart football league and I don't know much about it. I know that there is a team in Houston, so I have some one to root for and I know that there is a team in Tennessee, so I have some one to root against. If you will notice the e-mail says they will be having their draft this month. Seems to me they would have it after the NFL to try to get some leftovers. Any way I figured I would post it for any who are interested. Move the post if you feel there is a need to.

Quote:
RE: AAFL Newsletter. January 10, 2008.

Happy New Year!

2008 is finally here and we are only a few months away from the opening kickoff of the AAFL.

While it's sooner than we would have expected, the media has already begun their predictions regarding who's going to win the AAFL league championship this year. And their prediction is Team Florida.

You can hear this interview with Team Florida Coach Shane Matthews on "The Drive" ESPN Radio 1370 here to learn more.

In other League news, Larry Seivers was recently named President of Team Tennessee. Seivers is a graduate of the University of Tennessee, where he was a two-time All-American and the SEC Male Athlete of the Year in 1977. He was subsequently named to the Knoxville Sports Hall of Fame.

The Team Presidents and Coaches are hard at work preparing for the upcoming AAFL draft which is being held on Saturday, January 26 (I will send you the TV and web casting information next week so you can watch the draft live).

Also, we just posted a comprehensive recap of the 2007/2008 college football bowl games on our blog. The post has recaps of every bowl game along with video highlights of each game. You can read that post here.

Finally, The New York Sun wrote a great piece about the AAFL today entitled "New Football League Takes Aim at College Fans." You can read that article here.

Best regards.

Marcus Katz
CEO
All American Football League
Visit us at http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #2
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: A little e-mail that I got from the AAFL

How long is this expected to last?
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I miss the XFL. Actually, miss the USFL too.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #4
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
I miss the XFL. Actually, miss the USFL too.
The XFL sucked.

The USFL however, was the bomb. As you can see from my avatar, I was a big Gamblers fan.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I still have my Gamblers baseball hat, some programs from the games, and a bunch of ticket stubs.

This new football league looks like it might be interesting. At least it's football in some form until the real stuff starts and we got a team to cheer for.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #6
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Agree, XFL wasn't the top faves - but when there's no football, sometimes any football will do.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #7
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Eric Crouch is the 1st rd draft pick of our AAFL team.

They are showing all the draft live Here.

http://event.playonsports.tv/aafl/?eventId=3477

Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2008   #8
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Looks like Eric Crouch is the 1st rd draft pick of our AAFL team.

They are showing all the draft live Here.

http://event.playonsports.tv/aafl/?eventId=3477
Whoo!

Go Team Texas!
Old 01-26-2008   #9
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Whoo!

Go Team Texas!
Do they even have a name?
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Team Texas.

They also have B.J. Symons and Kliff Kingsbury.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #11
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Team Texas.

They also have B.J. Symons and Kliff Kingsbury.
dont we pull our whole team from texas?

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #12
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

where does our team play? robertson?

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #13
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
The do not have an "official" name yet. They are going to let the fans decide on the name and mascot.

Old 01-26-2008   #14
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The do not have an "official" name yet. They are going to let the fans decide on the name and mascot.
Houston 1836, FTW!!!
Old 01-26-2008   #15
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
where does our team play? robertson?
I think they play at Rice Stadium.
Old 01-26-2008   #16
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea 1836

Go to Hell Political Correctness
Old 01-26-2008   #17
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Houston 1836, FTW!!!
Quote:
I was listening to an interview with Dave Harbison earlier today (Late of KILT, and the new PR Director for Team Texas), and he said that while they may have a mascot (which he described as somebody in a costume who'll be at the games), they will definitely stick with "Team Texas", and nothing more.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read