Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-10-2008   #1
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ray rice vs. maurice jones-drew

i swear they are the same guy........

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ray rice vs. maurice jones-drew

Uhh no, mainly b/c MJD has proven he belongs in the league, Ray Rice hasn't played a down of NFL ball yet.

I like the the kids' chances & wouldn't mind seeing him in battle red (as long as Stewart or Mcfadden aren't there) but MJD is just one big ass muscle with legs & Rice doesn't run or block for that matter with that kind of power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTbCt...eature=related

Merriman's not the only one either
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #3
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Uhh no, mainly b/c MJD has proven he belongs in the league, Ray Rice hasn't played a down of NFL ball yet.

I like the the kids' chances & wouldn't mind seeing him in battle red (as long as Stewart or Mcfadden aren't there) but MJD is just one big ass muscle with legs & Rice doesn't run or block for that matter with that kind of power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTbCt...eature=related

Merriman's not the only one either
ya, i saw that, pretty freakin sweet, i think ray and mendenhall will be better than mcfadden but i dont expect many to agree w/ me

Old 01-10-2008   #4
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
ya, i saw that, pretty freakin sweet, i think ray and mendenhall will be better than mcfadden but i dont expect many to agree w/ me
Wouldn't be the 1st time a late rounder outshined a top 10 guy. Durability will be a concern for Mcfadden i think it just largely depends on where he goes.

As for mendenhall & rice I think they will be good solid picks & contributors to whomever they go to with Rice the potential to be something. I really would like for the texans to look @ this kid seriously.
Old 01-10-2008   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Wouldn't be the 1st time a late rounder outshined a top 10 guy. Durability will be a concern for Mcfadden i think it just largely depends on where he goes.

As for mendenhall & rice I think they will be good solid picks & contributors to whomever they go to with Rice the potential to be something. I really would like for the texans to look @ this kid seriously.
If McFadden goes to the Pats you can expect him to do just fine.

Anybody else and he'll really have to be something special to live up to all that hype that he has gotten.
Old 01-10-2008   #6
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
If McFadden goes to the Pats you can expect him to do just fine.

Anybody else and he'll really have to be something special to live up to all that hype that he has gotten.
Yeah, i keep forgeting SF basically gave them another superbowl ring with that trade.
Old 01-10-2008   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm sure McFadden will have no problem living up to any of his hype.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2008   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i'm sure McFadden will have no problem living up to any of his hype.
He needs to chill out with the nightlife. I heard on the radio he was in another altercation early this morning. He had to be cuffed in order to get him to calm down.

It was said he wasn't arrested or anything, but he needs to chill out before he begins to hurt his draft status.
Old 01-10-2008   #9
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
He needs to chill out with the nightlife. I heard on the radio he was in another altercation early this morning. He had to be cuffed in order to get him to calm down.

It was said he wasn't arrested or anything, but he needs to chill out before he begins to hurt his draft status.
shoot, he aint comin here, thats for damn sure, wether we had achance at him or not..... i just dont see his chicken legs and not so great attitude workin out like its supposed to in the NFL...... but who knows

Old 01-10-2008   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
shoot, he aint comin here, thats for damn sure, wether we had achance at him or not..... i just dont see his chicken legs and not so great attitude workin out like its supposed to in the NFL...... but who knows
I never said he was coming here. I don't even think we'll go RB in the 1st round. If we did, Rashard Mendenhall would be my pick.
Old 01-10-2008   #11
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I never said he was coming here. I don't even think we'll go RB in the 1st round. If we did, Rashard Mendenhall would be my pick.
i was just sayin........ your comment sparked mine, not really a response

Old 01-14-2008   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

There's really no comparison between MJD & Rice.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read