Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-10-2008   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What type RB do you like?

I realize that other players on a team such as the Oline determines how a running back performs. What type RB do you prefer to watch? A strong bruising type with some speed like Earl Campbell? A gazelle like Gale Sayers? Or do you like a Jim Brown or Walter Payton? A back that can catch a pass can also be awesome to watch. Don't focus on what team he ran for but use a criteria that you want to keep him as long as possible and what will generate fan support. All backs past and present or college can be your pool to select from.
Old 01-10-2008   #2
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 935 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What type RB do you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I realize that other players on a team such as the Oline determines how a running back performs. What type RB do you prefer to watch? A strong bruising type with some speed like Earl Campbell? A gazelle like Gale Sayers? Or do you like a Jim Brown or Walter Payton? A back that can catch a pass can also be awesome to watch. Don't focus on what team he ran for but use a criteria that you want to keep him as long as possible and what will generate fan support. All backs past and present or college can be your pool to select from.

My favorite back in the league right now is All Day Adrian Peterson. I see him similar to Earl, but maybe a little faster. Only problem with guys like him is that they fight for every yard and possibly get hurt a lot. Man I wish we would have traded up for him some how.
ATRAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #3
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Barry Sanders.

I used to love seeing him run. Sometimes the man would create something out of nothing. It was amazing what he did considering the lack of O-line he had.
Old 01-10-2008   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

One that runs for 100+ yards a game for the Texans.

Earl Campbell = Badass
Old 01-10-2008   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 103457 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

The perfect back would have the speed to outrun anyone, the gumption to run over anyone and the moves the to tie them all together and make people look silly of the field.

I miss Barry Sanders though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I loved Walter "Sweetness" Payton. He performed at a high level even on some very bad teams.

Next would have to be Marcus Allen.

Last edited by Specnatz; 01-10-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #7
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

reggie bush
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2008   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I like someone who can turn nothing into something. I loved watching Barry Sanders growing up and Marshall Faulk after Barry was gone
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #9
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Pound for pound the most dangerous back at the top of his game IMO was Marshall Faulk.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #10
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Earl Campbell. Finess backs are great and you love to see the Barry Sanders Gayle Sayers type elusive speed demons, but on 3rd and short or on a goal line situation, give me a guy who can knock a couple of 300 pound guys back a yard or two.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Earl, of course. But I also loved Emmitt Smith. The guy would bang and bang and bang and then break one. Unlike Barry Sanders, who got a lot of runs from -1 to 1 yards long, Emmitt moved the chains and I like that in a back.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, did anyone see the interview with Eric Dickerson on ESPN when they asked him who his favorite running back from the state of Texas was.

His answer?

Earl.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #13
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77963 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

A pass catching back with speed. Curits Martin and Marshall Faulk come to mind.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #14
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 40925 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

The Rashard Mendenhall in a Texan uniform type.

Old 01-10-2008   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite RB is slowly becoming Brian Westbrook. He is a threat every time he has the ball. After him would be Walter Payton. Emmit is hard to lump in with some of these guys because he had such a good oline. None better than what he ran behind. Oh yeah, Earl Cambell = Jesus
Old 01-10-2008   #16
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
ive been watching adrian peterson his whole career, i was at baylor every time we played him at OU and he always destroyed us, ive been on his bandwagon since his day 1 in college, im only 20 so i havnt seen some of the old guys except in NFL films, but i loooove watching this linebacker run the ball....... he so quick and its like the defense isnt there he just hits it and goes north-south, peterson is my favorite back and if you saw what he did to baylor his years in college youd know........

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Earl.

Secondarily, a Brian Westbrook type (or Dom Davis, circa 2004), who is a shifty runner, catches out of the backfield, and always seems to get first downs.

But that would be second fiddle to Earl.

I like Brandon Jacobs for the NYG, even though I'm not fond of the Giants (except this coming weekend).
Old 01-10-2008   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Earl.

Secondarily, a Brian Westbrook type (or Dom Davis, circa 2004), who is a shifty runner, catches out of the backfield, and always seems to get first downs.

But that would be second fiddle to Earl.

I like Brandon Jacobs for the NYG, even though I'm not fond of the Giants (except this coming weekend).
QFT...... across the board.

Right now, I would settle for a guy that knows how to mix in a salad and stops after his second plate at the All-u-Can Eat Buffet.
Old 01-10-2008   #19
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

LT is my favorite RB and type of RB.........smart, fast, quick, powerful for his size, has that mean stiff arm, and is totally a class act. He can break one on any run, but also seems to find a way to get that needed 1-2 yards if called on.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75384 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
reggie bush

While you're playing, that is the type of back i like to watch, although a better version of this type would be Brian Westbrook. Smooth running motion, speed to burn & can snap an ankle. Just a great all around back.

RB may never reach that pinnacle but there's no doubt he's got the tools to get there.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read