Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-13-2008   #61
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Charles Spencer Vows to Return

[quote=CT CSTM;890672Hung with him and his family today, he's more ready to go than ever! I'd hate to be the first DEnd that has to line up against him,,,[/quote]

How did his weight look? Has Gibbs spoken with him yet?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #62
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT CSTM View Post
You guys think Charles likes his nickname? Heres a special edition set of door panels we did for him,,,did it to remind him during his rehab!
I love the panel. That is so cool. I hope Charles knows the fans are pulling for him to recover.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #63
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Smells like Boselli II to me.
minus the HUGE cap hit?

actually, he's nothing like Boselli.... The FO didn't draft Spencer injured.

Trail.Blazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #64
BrianH
Rookie

Default Charles Spencer Audio Interview

Good story behind Charles, Check it out

http://www.profootballcentral.com/au...lesSpencer.mp3
BrianH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #65
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Charles Spencer Audio Interview

I would love to have a glut at the left tackle position for once. If Charles Spencer can make a succesful comeback it could really bolster that position for us. With him, Ephraim Salaam, and a possible rookie left tackle, we could be looking at some interesting scenarios. I'm really pulling for Spencer but at this point I think the Texans should plan as if he's not coming back.
Old 04-22-2008   #66
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I would love to have a glut at the left tackle position for once. If Charles Spencer can make a succesful comeback it could really bolster that position for us. With him, Ephraim Salaam, and a possible rookie left tackle, we could be looking at some interesting scenarios. I'm really pulling for Spencer but at this point I think the Texans should plan as if he's not coming back.
He hasn't been on the field for over 18 months, so I think they've had that approach for quite some time now.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #67
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
He hasn't been on the field for over 18 months, so I think they've had that approach for quite some time now.
They might've but when Ephraim Salaam is your starting left tackle you know it's not a winning approach. Ephraim is a great guy and does a serviceable job but clearly not the guy.
Old 05-08-2008   #68
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ever-patient Spencer ready to return

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/a...=2008805070338

Quote:
After almost two full seasons away from the NFL, Charles Spencer Jr. will finally be able to don the red, white and blue uniform of the Houston Texans again.
Advertisement

It looks as if it will be at a different position.

Spencer, a product of Poughkeepsie High School, was the 65th overall pick of the 2006 NFL draft out of the University of Pittsburgh. He won the starting left tackle spot for the Houston Texans in his rookie season.

In only his second career game, on Sept. 17, 2006, he suffered a broken leg in a game against the Indianapolis Colts.

The injury forced him to miss the rest of the 2006 season, as well as the entire 2007 campaign.

Now it looks as if he will assume the starting guard spot in 2008.

With the selection of Duane Brown, a tackle from Virginia Tech, by the Texans in the first round, it is evident that the Texans have a different plan for Spencer.

"Coach (Kubiak) said that I have a strong chance of being a starter at guard," said the 6-4, 350 lb. lineman. "I've worked some left guard last week and I've been at right guard this week."

Changing positions and fighting through adversity is nothing new to Spencer.

Although Spencer had been recruited to the University of Pittsburgh as a tight end, they converted him to the defensive line after a red-shirt year, before ultimately asking him to switch the offensive side of the ball.

"It's a real testament to his work," said current Poughkeepsie football coach Ken Barger about Spencer's position changes. "The best professionals had to overcome adversity along the way."
Familiar with playing guard

The position change will not be entirely new to Spencer though, as his junior year at Pittsburgh, he spent the season playing left guard.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #69
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting him back into the lineup is highest priority.

With him, the whole complexion of the offense changes. We'd have Duane on the left, Spencer on the right, and a solid center who probably should have been the starter for the Broncos.

Three solid guys on the line...makes me feel pretty good.
Old 05-08-2008   #70
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329810 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Getting him back into the lineup is highest priority.

With him, the whole complexion of the offense changes. We'd have Duane on the left, Spencer on the right, and a solid center who probably should have been the starter for the Broncos.

Three solid guys on the line...makes me feel pretty good.
Winston is not a solid guy?--much less Pitts?
Old 05-08-2008   #71
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

How about this lineup

Brown Spencer Myers Pitts Winston -1st Team
Black Weary Eslinger Studdard Salaam - 2nd Team
that lineup with that depth would be nice and allow us to survive the occassional nick or ding. its funny how our OL could go from being average to one of the best overall squads in the NFL.

especially if Gibbs can make a difference like most people think he will
Old 05-08-2008   #72
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
How about this lineup

Brown Spencer Myers Pitts Winston -1st Team
Black Weary Eslinger Studdard Salaam - 2nd Team
that lineup with that depth would be nice and allow us to survive the occassional nick or ding. its funny how our OL could go from being average to one of the best overall squads in the NFL.

especially if Gibbs can make a difference like most people think he will

This is what I think would be amazing:

Brown, Pitts, Myers, Winston, Spencer

RButler, Eslinger, Frye

Now, obviously I'm assuming a lot:
1. Spencer is healthy, back to football shape.
2. Brown is ready to start
4. Butler has developed into a swing tackle now that he's not losing weight
5. Eslinger wins job over CWhite

Looking at that, though, we'd have a lot of quickness and athleticism at the guard spots with Winston, Pitts, Frye, Eslinger

Also, Frye would be able to play tackle or guard.

The tackles: Butler, Spencer, Brown would be the most athletic tackles in the NFL, as a group.

The line would be very young and potentially dominating in time.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #73
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are we so quick to move Pitts to RG? He's been the one constant on our line.

Brown, Pitts, Myers, Spencer, Winston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #74
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care where he is at on the OL. I just want the big man back!!!!
Old 05-08-2008   #75
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"As long as I play football, I'll never be at 100 percent."
Don't get your hopes up.
I'm only wanting the best for Spencer, but for the sake of realistic expectations re his contributions to the team I'm keeping my expectations very low.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #76
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Why are we so quick to move Pitts to RG? He's been the one constant on our line.

Thank you, and that includes Winston too. I like this Oline if the Big Nasty is back to form.
Old 05-08-2008   #77
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329810 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
"As long as I play football, I'll never be at 100 percent."
Don't get your hopes up.
I'm only wanting the best for Spencer, but for the sake of realistic expectations re his contributions to the team I'm keeping my expectations very low.
You have a link for that "quote?"
Old 05-08-2008   #78
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You have a link for that "quote?"
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/a...=2008805070338

man, i think spencer will make a helluva guard... it feels damn good to have young talent on the o-line now, btw. sure beats the hell outta the cameron spikes/jimmy herndon/ryan young days!

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #79
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Your link gave me a 404 error.
Old 05-08-2008   #80
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post

Yea, I am not sure why people want to move Pitts, or Winston.

I think this is the ideal lineup for our O-line.

I doubt Brown starts at LT from the beginning, same goes for Spencer inside at RG.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read