Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-11-2008   #41
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer
Default Re: Charles Spencer Vows to Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
"Offensive tackle Charles Spencer, one of the most promising prospects from the Texans' 2006 draft class, missed the entire 2007 season to injury. Spencer has no intention of missing 2008."

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/#
Neither did Bennie Joppru!
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #42
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple347 View Post
Since we are unsure of Spencer's availability to play LT, and we are not 100% sure who will be the LT of the future, I was wondering people's thoughts on possibly moving Pitts back out there. Of course, it is based on a few contingencies, such as not drafting a LT, finding a suitable replacement at LG, etc. However, I have been thinking about that and was wondering other's thoughts.
Welcome to the board. Your thoughts have been hammered in the past. Coaches have had opportunity to move Pitts back to LT and have not done so despite his longevity and ability to stay in the game. Posters come down on either side as to whether Pitts should be moved.
Old 02-11-2008   #43
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

We should draft an extra LT just in case.
Old 02-11-2008   #44
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
We should draft an extra LT just in case.
yeah but not the first day.

im not being optimistic but we have Salaam, and Winston. Im not saying that Salaam is a great ot because he's not but we have bigger 1st day needs in RB, CB, and id say DE across from Mario as Weaver shouldn't keep his job with his pay.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #45
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
yeah but not the first day.

im not being optimistic but we have Salaam, and Winston. Im not saying that Salaam is a great ot because he's not but we have bigger 1st day needs in RB, CB, and id say DE across from Mario as Weaver shouldn't keep his job with his pay.
Agree.
Old 02-11-2008   #46
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I think the Texans will try to milk another year out of Salaam and see if Big Nasty can come back. I have seen nothing to give me an iota of confidence that he'll be back, and I disagree with that mentality and still think they should take the best left tackle they can for the job, but I'm not in the Texans' draft war room.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #47
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I don't know how or where he'll fit in with Gibbs .

Spencer is more of a Dallas lineman ... big and strong .
Yeah, big and strong linemen are overrated. (I'm kidding!) :-)
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-12-2008   #48
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

anthony collins
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #49
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Spencer speaks

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/

Go up and click on the Football link, he's the first interview up top.

He carries an air of nasty about him. Have you ever talked or been around a guy that you know could or would snap your head off at any time? Watch the look on his face when, I think it was Tim Milton, asks him if he ever doubted himself. Essentially it was the same question that he just asked rephrased. Spencer gets this, "What did I just tell you?" look.

I hope he can come back, and I hope he is nasty b/c this OL needs some toughness to it.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #50
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Spencer speaks

Thanks for the link. He's got a ways to go conditioning-wise, but if he keeps hanging out with Dunta, he'll make it.

I just hope he's mobile enough for Gibbs' scheme.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #51
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Was such a great feeling to see him out on the field participating in some light drills. Looks like his conditioning is off and he's still a big guy. Having a guy like Dunta around can only help you. I realllly hope To see him make it back that'd be a huge lift to this line if he made it back in any capacity.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #52
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Cool video . My , hes one BIG dude ! I never really noticed that before .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #53
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Just noticed this was an old thread. For those looking for the video it is called:
"04.04.08 : Spencer recovering well"

Wow - he really is huge. Either that or he was being interviewed by 5 dwarfs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #54
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Having talked to him at a party and the beginning of the year, he is huge by any measure. But at the time he had to be weighing in at around 340. No doubt, Gibbs will want his weight down. Even so, if there was such a thing as a 2-gap left offensive tackle......................
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #55
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/

Go up and click on the Football link, he's the first interview up top.

He carries an air of nasty about him. Have you ever talked or been around a guy that you know could or would snap your head off at any time? Watch the look on his face when, I think it was Tim Milton, asks him if he ever doubted himself. Essentially it was the same question that he just asked rephrased. Spencer gets this, "What did I just tell you?" look.

I hope he can come back, and I hope he is nasty b/c this OL needs some toughness to it.
I don't see the interview? What's it titled? The one that I clicked on was titled 'Path to the Drafts: CBs'.

On a side note, was there anything worth listening to on that? The reason I ask is because I'm Deaf and I would have to bother people and force non-Texan fans to listen to the interview and interprete most of it for me. Interviews on HoustonTexans.com are not closed captioned which sucks for me.
Old 04-12-2008   #56
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Charles Spencer Vows to Return

I hate to see Duanta Robinson in rehab. But maybe something good can come out of a bad situation. Spencer has said having Duanta there has been real motivating for him. He has someone there pushing him to work harder. I think that was has been missing in Spencer's rehab. Someone who is coming back and pushing him. I know he should be motivating himself, but to have someone there in the same situation someone he can relate to. Seeing how hard Duanta is working to get back has got to be rubbing off on him. I hope so.
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #57
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I don't see the interview? What's it titled? The one that I clicked on was titled 'Path to the Drafts: CBs'.

On a side note, was there anything worth listening to on that? The reason I ask is because I'm Deaf and I would have to bother people and force non-Texan fans to listen to the interview and interprete most of it for me. Interviews on HoustonTexans.com are not closed captioned which sucks for me.
See my post all of two/three posts above yours:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Just noticed this was an old thread. For those looking for the video it is called:
"04.04.08 : Spencer recovering well"

Wow - he really is huge. Either that or he was being interviewed by 5 dwarfs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #58
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post

the video is now on page 2 of the 'football' section entitled 'spencer recovering well'

in fairness, HT.com do an excellent job of transcripting most interviews imo.. just takes a couple hrs

here's charles interview
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4246
Quote:
T Charles Spencer

(on if he is excited to be out here) “It feels good, man. It feels good to be out here with the team again.”

(on coach Kubiak saying looks like he hadn’t run in quite a bit) “It’s been a while running. I’ve been running inside, but when you run outside it’s a lot different. So I’m getting used to it, running on the ground, and we should be ready to go.”

(on how he feels mentally and physically) “I’m excited, man, every day I come to work. I was dealing with a lot, but I never second-guessed myself, never doubted myself throughout the whole process. I look forward to contributing to this team.”

(on when he will return) “I don’t know. We’ll see. I take it a day at a time. We’ll see how I’m feeling.”

(on if he has any doubts he will be back) “Negative. I never have doubts.”

(on if has had any doubts along the way) “No. Never doubted myself. If you doubt yourself, you’ll never get things accomplished.”

(on the biggest thing he has to overcome) “Probably just getting back in shape. The football drills are a lot different than being inside lifting and doing some lateral things inside. Just getting back in football shape is probably the hardest thing right now.”
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #59
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
the video is now on page 2 of the 'football' section entitled 'spencer recovering well'

in fairness, HT.com do an excellent job of transcripting most interviews imo.. just takes a couple hrs

here's charles interview
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4246
I've actually already read that.

For starters, I didn't put the video and the transcript together. I generally bypass the video section altogether but I faithfully read the transcripts.

Talk about a d'oh moment there on my end. Heh!

Either way, seems like he said a whole lot more than what was actually transcribed. Somebody mentioned Dunta being talked about by Charles? I didn't read anything in the transcript about that.

Rep left for you and Papal for your efforts.
Old 04-13-2008   #60
CT CSTM
Rookie

Rep Power: 70 CT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys think Charles likes his nickname? Heres a special edition set of door panels we did for him,,,did it to remind him during his rehab!

[IMG][/IMG]

Hung with him and his family today, he's more ready to go than ever! I'd hate to be the first DEnd that has to line up against him,,,

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read