Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2008   #21
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: Mario and DeMeco named 2nd team All-Pros

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
I'm kind of confused as to why Patrick Willis made first team and not DeMeco. DeMeco had a similar year to Willis last year, and he didn't even make the All-Pro team at all. Seems to me that Willis should have been 2nd team, and DeMeco 1st. JMO.
It's just the usual No-Respect-for-the-Texans-Fest.

Everyone's invited.
Old 01-09-2008   #22
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats guys. The future is looking bright.
Old 01-10-2008   #23
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
It's just the usual No-Respect-for-the-Texans-Fest.

Everyone's invited.
I think its all about who gets seen more and how you play when you get seen.

The Texans NEVER get seen, we've had one national game this year so no one really sees us play. I doubt the guys that are voting (media) are going to go back and look at every game every week, I'm guessing the journalist just watch the nationally televised games and the key match-ups.

I'm pretty sure the 49ers had a few televised games, I know they had a game on during the first MNF broadcast, and maybe a SNF game a few week later. We jsut don't get it. Hopefully being 8-8 will help with that next season. I agree though, I don't know how Pwill makes it on the first team as a rookie and Demeco doesn't.

I think this is why guys like Dunta and Andre Johnson hardly ever get any love from the media. I am pretty sure had Dunta or Andre played for that other Texas team they would be called by ESPN the next Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin respectively. I'm not saying they are both that good...but we know how ESPN is.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #24
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I think its all about who gets seen more and how you play when you get seen.

The Texans NEVER get seen, we've had one national game this year so no one really sees us play. I doubt the guys that are voting (media) are going to go back and look at every game every week, I'm guessing the journalist just watch the nationally televised games and the key match-ups.

I'm pretty sure the 49ers had a few televised games, I know they had a game on during the first MNF broadcast, and maybe a SNF game a few week later. We jsut don't get it. Hopefully being 8-8 will help with that next season. I agree though, I don't know how Pwill makes it on the first team as a rookie and Demeco doesn't.

I think this is why guys like Dunta and Andre Johnson hardly ever get any love from the media. I am pretty sure had Dunta or Andre played for that other Texas team they would be called by ESPN the next Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin respectively. I'm not saying they are both that good...but we know how ESPN is.
I agree with you there. the 49ers had the MNF game for sure, and I know that got probably quadruple the amount of viewers that we got on thursday night on NFL Network.

I'm surpised we even got that one game. Nor do I expect to see a MNF game for us for a few years.

Good post, rep to ya sir.

EDIT: I'm just glad that it wasn't DeMarco Ryans of the Steelers on the All-Pro team.
Old 01-10-2008   #25
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet if they set up a game, second team All-Pro would win. Just a thought.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read