Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-09-2008   #1
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mario Manningham and Adrian Arrington are no longer with the team.

Nothing from the kids themselves but from Michigan Coach Rodriguez.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...84/1004/SPORTS

Hey Ryan you will be glad to hear Mallett gone as well. Now get Prior damn it.
Old 01-09-2008   #2
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Manningham and Adrian Arrington are no longer with the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Nothing from the kids themselves but from Michigan Coach Rodriguez.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...84/1004/SPORTS

Hey Ryan you will be glad to hear Mallett gone as well. Now get Prior damn it.
Its a shame those boys will have wait a year to play. Seems to me that if your coach quites on you, the player should have a one time right to transfer.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Mario Manningham and Adrian Arrington are no longer with the team.

Kind of odd the way he seems disconnected with Arrington and Manningham. Wonder what that is all about.

Hey, I want Michigan to be a strong program again. I think a weak Michigan has made for a weak ohio State.

I'm neutral about Prior. Apparently we can't win a championship with or without a star QB.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Its a shame those boys will have wait a year to play. Seems to me that if your coach quites on you, the player should have a one time right to transfer.
Arrington and Manningham will be entering the NFL draft from the way that is put.
Old 01-09-2008   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Kind of odd the way he seems disconnected with Arrington and Manningham. Wonder what that is all about.

Hey, I want Michigan to be a strong program again. I think a weak Michigan has made for a weak ohio State.

I'm neutral about Prior. Apparently we can't win a championship with or without a star QB.
You can win a championship. You just need no top SEC teams to be in the championship game.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
You can win a championship. You just need no top SEC teams to be in the championship game.
Yeah, I got nothin'. And that's what sucks about it. Like when gator fans talk smack to me. I just got nothin'.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 01-09-2008   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Yeah, I got nothin'. And that's what sucks about it. Like when gator fans talk smack to me. I just got nothin'.
I know the pain you speak of, very much so.
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2008   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Yep I'm with ya on this one. Need to get Culberson and some of our congress people on it. Coach goes, all letters of intent are null and void. Then the former school could sue for breach of contract and damages.
Old 01-09-2008   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Yep I'm with ya on this one. Need to get Culberson and some of our congress people on it. Coach goes, all letters of intent are null and void. Then the former school could sue for breach of contract and damages.
Easier solution - restrict when coaches can be courted and/or leave. Make it standard in all NCAA contracts.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 01-09-2008   #10
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I know the pain you speak of, very much so.
Like the quote says " Sometimes you're the pigeon, sometimes you're the statue"....

Or something like that.

Hang in there Spec...help is on the way.

Old 01-09-2008   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Easier solution - restrict when coaches can be courted and/or leave. Make it standard in all NCAA contracts.
except then the big-time coaches would never sign those contracts. and thus they would eliminate those contracts.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #12
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
except then the big-time coaches would never sign those contracts. and thus they would eliminate those contracts.
If the NCAA and major conferences were in, the coaches would have no choice.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 01-09-2008   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

which is why that would never happen, there's no incentive for the entire NCAA to join in on such a ridiculous clause in a contract.
Old 01-10-2008   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Violation of the commerce clause. Can't retirct the movement of the coaches.
All you can do is hold them accountable for the current contract broken.

The players have no controll currently of the process. They are prety much as I understand it psedo indentured servants.
Old 01-10-2008   #15
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

rodriguez kinda sounds like a d bag in all that........ hmmmm wonder whats up?

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #16
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Manningham is NFL bound as well as Arrington. Mario def has 1st round talent.

Kind of makes you wonder whats going on behind closed doors at UM. The Rodriguez era is starting off on an odd foot.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

not really that odd, both players are good enough to have decent draft grades. and perhaps they felt they wouldn't get a ton of catches in Rodriguez's offense.

and Mallett didn't like the hiring at all from the getgo, that much is obvious.
Old 01-10-2008   #18
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

sucks to be mallet but hey aggie fans could have a new qb coming
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard Mallet is an a-hole.

IMO, neither one of them are first round talent.
Old 01-14-2008   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
sucks to be mallet but hey aggie fans could have a new qb coming
Rumor is that Mallett is going to Arkansas.

A&M is his second choice though, I believe.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read