Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-09-2008   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pssss..Javon Walker...you tried this once already

Well at least he has a M.O.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3187735

Quote:
Javon Walker is reportedly backing away from comments he made several days ago, in which he suggested he and the Denver Broncos might be better off without each other.

Walker, who missed much of the 2007 season due to a recurring knee injury and caught 26 passes for 287 yards and no touchdowns, said he was speaking out of frustration at the end of a trying season.

"It was frustration coming out," Walker said Tuesday during a radio interview, according to the Rocky Mountain News. "It's like playing on the football field and getting a 15-yard personal foul. That's a guy who, at the time, was frustrated. His coach may not like it. But saying something in the media at the time -- boom -- it's a personal foul.

"I apologize. I'm sorry. Let's move on," he said, according to the report.

In Walker's earlier comments, made Dec. 31, he said "It's not that they don't want me here, but I just don't think it's the best fit for me." He said he wouldn't ask for a trade, but all the same didn't see himself fitting into Denver's plans in 2008, when he's due to earn about $7.5 million in salary and bonuses.
Old 01-09-2008   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pssss..Javon Walker...you tried this once already

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
For 7.5 million next year, you'd think he would shut up and focus on getting healthy and keeping his butt on the field.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 01-09-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
For 7.5 million next year, you'd think he would shut up and focusing keeping his getting healthy and keeping his butt on the field.
I mean he does this in Green Bay and now it is like..."I know I've been hurt but I deserve more." Give me a break.
Old 01-09-2008   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Javon is just mad because Marshall took his job. Missing half the season doesnt help his case much either.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read