Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-08-2008   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would you...?

Assuming that the underclass talent continues to increase in this year's draft...would you be willing to sacrifice an 09 2nd round pick for an 08 second?

And maybe even more dramatically, would you be willing to drop the 09 1st rounder for a second 1st this year?

If the string of quality underclassmen continue to declare for this years draft, I's make the 09 second for the 08 second in a heartbeat. As for the deal to swap 1st's, there would have to be somebody special on the board that they (Smith & Kubiak) were after.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you...?

Future picks are generally devalued a full round.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #3
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #4
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Future picks are generally devalued a full round.
I know that and if you wish to factor that in to your thinking then go ahead (make it an additional part of the hypothetical even); but my original proposal still stands.
Old 01-08-2008   #5
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather we just bought a 2nd round pick. How much would a 2nd round pick cost? Has anyone ever bought a 2nd round pick?

I might be willing to give up next year's #1 for two #2's this year. Any takers/suckers out there?

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #6
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
I'd rather we just bought a 2nd round pick. How much would a 2nd round pick cost? Has anyone ever bought a 2nd round pick?

I might be willing to give up next year's #1 for two #2's this year. Any takers/suckers out there?
Nope, CC is no longer in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #7
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
<phone ringing>

Intercom voice (young female):
Mr Goodell, I have Bob McNair on the phone for you.

RG:
Thank you, Ms. Sheets. (RG picks up the handset and hits a blinking button) Hello?

Bob McNair:
Roger, how's it going? Listen Rick Smith and I where just talking and, well, we were wondering what the cost of a 2nd round pick might be?

RG:
The cost?

BM:
Yeah, how much would you want for a 2nd round pick? Doesn't even have to be in the top half of the round.

RG:
Well, Bob. Your orgainization traded it's 2nd round pick to Atlanta.

BM:
I know that! But we'd like to buy a second round pick this year. So how much?

RG:
Bob, you can't just buy draft picks.

BM:
Why not?

RG:
Well draft picks are comodities we give to each team to help them improve. We give the losing teams higher picks to help bring balance to the NFL. Your franchise trade away one of those draft picks, and there is a finite supply of them.

BM:
What, we havn't sucked enough or something?

RG:
I'm hanging up now Bob. (RG hangs up the phone)

Intercom voice:
Mr Goodell, I have Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder on the line...soemthing about buying draft pciks?

RG:
Dear god, no!
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2008   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we could buy the Patriots or should I say Nfl's first round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #9
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

barring some other team wanting to move up to the eighteenth spot, we just need to bite the bullet and work on making the most of the draft picks we do have.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

They should give it to us for dealing with how bad everyone ragged on us for Mario. We deserve it.
Old 01-08-2008   #11
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
<phone ringing>

Intercom voice (young female):
Mr Goodell, I have Bob McNair on the phone for you.

RG:
Thank you, Ms. Sheets. (RG picks up the handset and hits a blinking button) Hello?

Bob McNair:
Roger, how's it going? Listen Rick Smith and I where just talking and, well, we were wondering what the cost of a 2nd round pick might be?

RG:
The cost?

BM:
Yeah, how much would you want for a 2nd round pick? Doesn't even have to be in the top half of the round.

RG:
Well, Bob. Your orgainization traded it's 2nd round pick to Atlanta.

BM:
I know that! But we'd like to buy a second round pick this year. So how much?

RG:
Bob, you can't just buy draft picks.

BM:
Why not?

RG:
Well draft picks are comodities we give to each team to help them improve. We give the losing teams higher picks to help bring balance to the NFL. Your franchise trade away one of those draft picks, and there is a finite supply of them.

BM:
What, we havn't sucked enough or something?

RG:
I'm hanging up now Bob. (RG hangs up the phone)

Intercom voice:
Mr Goodell, I have Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder on the line...soemthing about buying draft pciks?

RG:
Dear god, no!
Hehe, that's funny. But, I was referring to buying from another team. That does happen & actually happened last year. Albeit, a late round pick. I doubt anyone would ever sell a 2nd round pick, but barring a trade down, I'm going to ask.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #12
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be willing to add more picks without sacraficing any future ones i.e.trading down. But I have to vote no for trading our second pick in 2009 for 2008 (no way this would happen without an additional 2009 pick).....we'd be in the exact same position next year and be trying to do the same thing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read