Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-08-2008   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Boone, Boone, Boone!

Was anyone as impressed with Ohio State's LT Alex Boone as was I? As a Ryan Clady fan (Boise State), I watched Boone for three quarters before bedtime (hey, I was sleepy ok?) Alex seemed to control his man and was often found way beyond the line of scrimmage on runs and seemed to be able to slide his feet well in past defense. His size of 6'7" 325lbs compares well with Clady 6'5" 320 and to Sam Baker 6'4" 310. Unfortunately, Clady and Boone are the only two left tackles I've watched.
Old 01-08-2008   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boone, Boone, Boone!

I really was impessed with him and he really helped out on that 65 yard TD run of wells. He got to the next level and sealed of a LB, I was glad to see that b/c it shows he's got the ability to run and block which is critical in our offense.

Anybody know if he has declared? (i think he's a junior?) And/or what is the liklihood he would declare?

He's a guy i'm excited about and would def. give him consideration but not sure where he projects from late late 1st, 2nd round??
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I really was impessed with him and he really helped out on that 65 yard TD run of wells. He got to the next level and sealed of a LB, I was glad to see that b/c it shows he's got the ability to run and block which is critical in our offense.

Anybody know if he has declared? (i think he's a junior?) And/or what is the liklihood he would declare?

He's a guy i'm excited about and would def. give him consideration but not sure where he projects from late late 1st, 2nd round??
Boone is rated at#31 per best 50 per below link.
http://www.draftinsiders.com/node/242

To my knowledge he has not declared but may after last night's game. He seemed to continue after his block even in the 3rd quarter.
Old 01-08-2008   #4
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been touting him on another board for a most of the season. He is still below Clady, but he has a higher upside.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I have been touting him on another board for a most of the season. He is still below Clady, but he has a higher upside.
I think he's has a smaller miss factor playing in the Big 10 and the Big Bowl game .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think he's has a smaller miss factor playing in the Big 10 and the Big Bowl game .
From what I saw last night theOSU guys ....they both belong on the right side.
Old 01-08-2008   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
From what I saw last night theOSU guys ....they both belong on the right side.
Wow. Where did you see that? I thought Boone did amazingly well.
Old 01-08-2008   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a great run blocker. and if you're telling me you going to take him for rt...OK. I'd rather have Loadholt over there but OK.

He got beat by speed all night long. His feet are slow and he reaches with his waist instead of bending at the knees and kick sliding. He will get lit up in our division on the left side. It's just that simple.

Collins and Oher on the other hand...they can move thier feet. So can Clady but he'll be off the board with in ten picks. You can teach someone to run block. You can get them stronger in the upper body. You can't teach quickness.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 01-08-2008 at 03:25 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's a great run blocker. and if you're telling me you going to take him for rt...OK. I'd rther have Loadholt over there but OK.

He got beat by speed all night long. His feet are slow and he reaches with his waist instead of bending at the knees and kick sliding. He will get lit up in our division on the left side. It's just that simple.

Collins and Oher on the other hand...they can move thier feet. So can Clady but he'll be off the board with in ten picks. You can teach someone to run block. You can get them stronger in the upper body. You can't teach quickness.
Hmm good insight... Winston is staying on the Right side isn't he? Do you think Kubiak has played with the idea of trying him at LT during practice or in the offseason to see what options we have?
Old 01-08-2008   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hmm good insight... Winston is staying on the Right side isn't he? Do you think Kubiak has played with the idea of trying him at LT during practice or in the offseason to see what options we have?
I think Erick is the most athletic lineman thay have. I think Kubiak wants four more just like him.
Old 01-08-2008   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't this where someone plays the "short arms" card to stop the Winston to LT talk??
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's a great run blocker. and if you're telling me you going to take him for rt...OK. I'd rather have Loadholt over there but OK.

I thought Boone played a lot like Long but he looks bigger .

In our division you have to be quick enough for Freeney , strong enough for Spicer, and mean enough for KVB .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i believe he had some trouble off the field with a DUI and other such things.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Winston should spend the offseason hanging from a (well, he'd probably crush the swingset) tree or something.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #15
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Eric Winston has short arms. Therefore he cannot play LT.

LOL. Hope thats what ya'll were looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Eric Winston has short arms. Therefore he cannot play LT.

LOL. Hope thats what ya'll were looking for.
LOL. So winston and boone are both RT's
Old 01-08-2008   #17
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL. So winston and boone are both RT's
Yep with short arms.

LOL

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 01-08-2008   #18
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

http://www.texanstalk.com/component/...pper/Itemid,4/

There you go.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2008   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Interesting article on Boone in Sports Illustrated. I do not recall his drinking being issue. But article says he attends AA.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nd.chance1231/

Last edited by badboy; 01-09-2008 at 12:53 PM.
badboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

Not to argue but I did not see him get beat "all night long". I do not recall seeing him give up a sack in the 3 quarters I watched.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read