Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-08-2008   #21
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2008 NFL Free Agents. Bring your appetite, this is a buffet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I am not saying to not draft a LT at #18. I am just saying that we shouldn't reach on a guy just because we think he could play LT for us. Thats all.

We need to find a long term solution at LT, no doubt and hopefully we have in Spencer or even perhaps Winston. I just feel that we have positions that are in more dire straits and don't even have a short term solution currently much less a long term solution. let's plug the holes first (Center, Corner, Safety, and better RB/OLBs)
With the exception of CB, no hole is more empty than LT. It is the most vital posititon on the line and we have a stop gap and a no body there. A quality CB can be found later in the draft, especially with how deep the position is. A franchise LT is necessary and its about time we did the right thing and get that guy to hang our hat on.
Old 01-08-2008   #22
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
With the exception of CB, no hole is more empty than LT. It is the most vital posititon on the line and we have a stop gap and a no body there. A quality CB can be found later in the draft, especially with how deep the position is. A franchise LT is necessary and its about time we did the right thing and get that guy to hang our hat on.
what if there isnt a guy to hang your hat on at #18? do you try and force a hat on someone when it doesn't fit? that is all I am saying. get the BPA at #18 especially considering we don't have a 2nd Round. If you want to take a reach on some guys, then trade down at least into the mid 2nd where there could be some OT value. Just dont take a guy projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd at #18 just because the front office feels their is a need. Frankly, I don't think they feel that way. I see them going after a DB at #18 unless somone just drops in their lap like Baker from USC (which could happen with a little luck and a lackluster combine/proday showing by Baker)
Old 01-08-2008   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am not saying to not draft a LT at #18. I am just saying that we shouldn't reach on a guy just because we think he could play LT for us. Thats all.

We need to find a long term solution at LT, no doubt and hopefully we have in Spencer or even perhaps Winston. I just feel that we have positions that are in more dire straits and don't even have a short term solution currently much less a long term solution. let's plug the holes first (Center, Corner, Safety, and better RB/OLBs)
Thanks for clarifying. We all have our ideas for what position is more dire and that is cool. I also agree that reaching can be a problem, however a good evaluator will let you know if the player can develop. Personally, I think Samuel or the Okland CB (I can't spell it but Asomugha is close) just announced this month that he wants out of his contract can be sweet additions. I lean towards the first but the latter could be effective and cheaper. With Asomugha under contract a strong push for OLB pro bowler Briggs could be had. As Infantrycak informed me yesterday Nate Clemments huge contract was very reasonable for first year. The $ is there if McNair chooses to spend it. I think a RB, LT and a center or free safety can be had in 1st, third and 4th without a trade down. Our evaluator just has to be on target. I think signing Demps our probowler and Andre Davis are musts. If these moves are made, our dire needs should be addressed and that is why I am so pumped.
Old 01-08-2008   #24
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
what if there isnt a guy to hang your hat on at #18? do you try and force a hat on someone when it doesn't fit? that is all I am saying. get the BPA at #18 especially considering we don't have a 2nd Round. If you want to take a reach on some guys, then trade down at least into the mid 2nd where there could be some OT value. Just dont take a guy projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd at #18 just because the front office feels their is a need. Frankly, I don't think they feel that way. I see them going after a DB at #18 unless somone just drops in their lap like Baker from USC (which could happen with a little luck and a lackluster combine/proday showing by Baker)
After re-evaluation, CB is a big enough need to take early. Good point. I think they feel Winston could be the answer, and that they go out and get a RT so he can move.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read