Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-07-2008   #1
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Fans

Since the oilers left till the time when we got a team again, who did you root for?

I was a bucs fan for a few years, mainly because of John Lynch.
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #2
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Fans

Saints. Bum and Earl.
Old 01-07-2008   #3
austintexanite
All Pro

Raiders because they were my brothers second favorite team. I still root for them and it is too bad that they are being run so poorly. Mr. Davis should have let go of the team a long time ago.
Old 01-07-2008   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't really have a favorite. I was more of a fan of the NFL in general. That was around the time I began following college football more closely too.

If my arm was twisted I have to go with the Cardinals, Bengals and Broncos. I always tend to root for the underdogs and having seen plenty of Elway from the Oilers days, I've always thought of him as being a classy guy.
Old 01-07-2008   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

The first year, I really didn't to watch the NFL. College football was better anyway.

The second year, the Saints. I could never be a Cowboys fan for one. Two New Orleans isn't much further away than Dallas and last, See Chances post above (Earl and Bum).
Old 01-07-2008   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

My wife continued to root for the Titans. And I love her anyway and I think it's a testament to the depth of my love for her that we remained married through that. (She's even a VY fan and yet I STILL love her.)

I rooted for basically the team wherever we were living. So, for a couple of years, we rooted for the Cardinals. Then a couple of years rooting for the Rams, although I didn't root for them very much. A couple of years rooting for the Eagles... and then when we were living in Pennsylvania, near Philly, we got our Texans back.

And life was good.

Actually, I was wearing Texans t-shirts a couple of years before the first game. As soon as the team was announced, my mom went out and bought a bunch of Texans shirts and sweats.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Brett Favre and John Elway.

But I have never worn any other team's gear.
Old 01-07-2008   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bronco's.

I was a big fan of T.D.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

hated bud, but I followed the old oilers, McNair,George,Mason,Mathews, rolle, etc

I didn't go out of my way to root for them, because they on life support to me..Texans were announced.. plug was pulled
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #10
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't remember if the Oiler's were around at this time, but at one point I rooted by the Cowboys because I like Jimmy Johnson, Troy, & Emmitt. Once Jimmy quite, I stopped watching football until the Texans came to town.

Thats the only time I rooted for a team located outside of Houston.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #11
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

I still followed Tennessee somewhat. I was actually rooting for them in the Super Bowl.

I also wanted Chris Chandler to win the Super Bowl when he was with the Falcons.

Didn't really have a team after the Oilers left, though. I just rooted for all the underdogs in the playoffs.
Old 01-07-2008   #12
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I rooted for the Titans, but not as hard as I rooted for the Oilers........it was kinda like letting that ex girlfriend go, tried the friends thing for awhile but had to let her go. Needless to say, I met a new one and we're going strong after 6 years now........but it's been a very abusive relationship to say the least.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
I rooted for the Titans, but not as hard as I rooted for the Oilers........it was kinda like letting that ex girlfriend go, tried the friends thing for awhile but had to let her go. Needless to say, I met a new one and we're going strong after 6 years now........but it's been a very abusive relationship to say the least.
Hah, very good analogy!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #14
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Bucs...defense baby!!!
Old 01-07-2008   #15
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

From the mid 70's or so (as far back as I can remember) it was Oilers - Cowboys.

From late January 3, 1993 to August 4, 2002 it was Cowboys only.

From August 5, 2002 to present, Texans - Cowboys

I've always liked the Broncos with Elway and the Packers with Favre. Don't care much for the Broncos these days and I'm sure the same can be said of the Packers once Favre's gone.

If Adrian Peterson keeps it up with the Vikings, that may be my next "alternate" team.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #16
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

I cheered for whoever the Titans were playing, damned traitors.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #17
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRAIN View Post
Since the oilers left till the time when we got a team again, who did you root for?

I was a bucs fan for a few years, mainly because of John Lynch.

ironically enough, i was a broncos fan....... terrel davis is the man

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #18
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't say I was really a fan of any team, but I liked Pittsburgh during those years. My 'sports hatred' for them went away with time as well as reading up on how friendly the Steelers and Oilers were toward one another. Bum being something of a favorite among those folks, speaking at a Dinner for Chuck Noll....etc. Plus, I like a good defense and they always had a pretty good one.
Old 01-07-2008   #19
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I just danced and celebrated when the teetons came up 1 foot short HA HA

I think I will do a little celebrating right now
Old 01-07-2008   #20
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember liking the Broncos way back then. I was like seven years old when Elway was really rolling.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read