Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-07-2008   #1
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Did anyone become more of a Cowboy fan when...

Wade Phillips became the coach? I'm just wondering because I've always been a fan of whoever was playing the Cowboys. But when watching them (2 games ago) and Marion broke off a good run, I yelled go Marion!! I looked around, and sure enough it was me who said it, but I couldn't believe it. Has the departure of Bill Parcells and the arrival of Wade Phillips made anyone look at the cowboys differently? Hell, I even kinda like T.O......someone help me!
Old 01-07-2008   #2
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 935 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Did anyone become more of a Cowboy fan when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
Wade Phillips became the coach? I'm just wondering because I've always been a fan of whoever was playing the Cowboys. But when watching them (2 games ago) and Marion broke off a good run, I yelled go Marion!! I looked around, and sure enough it was me who said it, but I couldn't believe it. Has the departure of Bill Parcells and the arrival of Wade Phillips made anyone look at the cowboys differently? Hell, I even kinda like T.O......someone help me!

LOL your a fan of the players not of the team, in a messed up way thats ok. Now if you would said Brady then we would have a problem hahahha.
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did anyone become more of a Cowboy fan when...
NO!!!!

And Chance, you should be receive 20 lashes for that.
Old 01-07-2008   #4
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL your a fan of the players not of the team, in a messed up way thats ok. Now if you would said Brady then we would have a problem hahahha.
No, that's not it. I just can't stand Jerry Jones or Bill Parcells (might like him if he's our coach, but I'm happy with Kubiak), and I think since Wade has become the coach some of the arrogance has worn off, and I like the team more as a result of it.
Old 01-07-2008   #5
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Quote:
And Chance, you should be receive 20 lashes for that.
I know, and it's the type of response I expect. I'm just having these feelings and I don't know what to do...
Seriously though, I'm looking forward the their game against the Giants this weekend. Did you know that they have never met in the playoffs before? I think that the Giants are rolling enough that it's gonna be a good game.
Old 01-07-2008   #6
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 935 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, that's not it. I just can't stand Jerry Jones or Bill Parcells (might like him if he's our coach, but I'm happy with Kubiak), and I think since Wade has become the coach some of the arrogance has worn off, and I like the team more as a result of it.
Uhhh I haven't seen the arrogance wear off. My roomate is not only a VY homer, but a Cowboy homer. He talks shit about the Texans just to piss me off. I hope they lose next week so I can laugh at him.
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #7
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know, and it's the type of response I expect. I'm just having these feelings and I don't know what to do...
Seriously though, I'm looking forward the their game against the Giants this weekend. Did you know that they have never met in the playoffs before? I think that the Giants are rolling enough that it's gonna be a good game.
I suggest serious counseling. The answer to your question is NO
Old 01-07-2008   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It might be better to remain in the closet on this one...

I thought the Giants looked good yesterday and last week even though they lost to the Patsies.... So, if anything else it should be a good game...

Go Giants.... (that hurt, but....)
Old 01-07-2008   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather pee against a strong wind with my mouth wide open than support anything related to the Cowboofoos. :elle:
Old 01-07-2008   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'd rather pee against a strong wind with my mouth wide open than support anything related to the Cowboofoos. :elle:
Better than you peeing on my leg and telling me that 'it's raining'.....
Old 01-07-2008   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Already was there decades ago...its ok, I'm a good fan and spend my time here for the Texans
Old 01-07-2008   #12
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Quote:
Already was there decades ago...its ok, I'm a good fan and spend my time here for the Texans
Texans' fan first and foremost. Can't even say I'm a Cowboys' fan because I'm not. But the disdain for them was softened with the hiring of Phillips. Never even logged on to a Cowboys' board.
Old 01-07-2008   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like and respect Wade Phillips so it makes it hard to feel the SAME intense dislike for the "girls" I have felt for so many years, BUT, NO way in hell would I EVER want them to win!! I wouldn't care if my grandson was playing for them, or I was sleeping with the coach! SO, dear friend, the answer is NO!! Repect the man, remain a Cowboy hater!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I like and respect Wade Phillips so it makes it hard to feel the SAME intense dislike for the "girls" I have felt for so many years, BUT, NO way in hell would I EVER want them to win!! I wouldn't care if my grandson was playing for them, or I was sleeping with the coach! SO, dear friend, the answer is NO!! Repect the man, remain a Cowboy hater!!
I kinda dig his daughter.....

Wade Phillips has a hot daughter

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 01-07-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #15
austintexanite
All Pro

Nope, I actually laughed when he was named their coach. A lot of friends of mine are Cowboy fans and they didn't really say anything good about him.
Old 01-07-2008   #16
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see Dread's response to this question. Calling Dread, we need you in this thread.
Old 01-07-2008   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did anyone become more of a Cowboy fan when... Wade Phillips became the coach?
With my ever growing hatred of anything Tennessee Titans, I have to admit that I don't hate the Cowboys like I used to.

So, recently I tried to not dislike them...but I failed. I'm a failure!! I just couldn't do it. Try as I might, every once of my being has always hated the Cowboys, and when push came to shove, I could give a rat's ass that they're from Texas.

Although, I will admit there is one time that it is allowable to root for the Cowboys: when they play the Titans.

Last edited by Double Barrel; 01-07-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
With my ever growing hatred of anything Tennessee Titans, I have to admit that I don't hate the Cowboys like I used to.

So, recently I tried to not dislike them...but I failed. I'm a failure!! I just couldn't do it. Try as I might, every once of my being has always hated the Cowboys, and when push came to shove, I could give a rat's ass that their from Texas.

Although, I will admit there is one time that it is allowable to root for the Cowboys: when they play the Titans.
Awesome post.....

Although, when the Tinnbreds play the Cowgurls, I just pray that both teams come down with flu like symptoms severe enough that neither team can take the field, resulting in a forfeit for both teams.
Old 01-07-2008   #19
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't like the Cowboys if we lost our team and they relocated to Houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #20
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Quote:
I wouldn't like the Cowboys if we lost our team and they relocated to Houston.
LOL

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read