Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-07-2008   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Jaguars are going to win the superbowl

last season, we were the last team to beat the colts before they went on to win the superbowl. this year'll be no different. instead of expounding on this airtight nugget of truth, i'll just tell you that the jags are gonna be pissed that they let us drop a 42-28 steamer on them and use it as motivation to beat the unbeatable pats, from there, they'll beat Sandianapolis in the AFC title game.

Superbowl: Jac v. GB ... brett favre will have to sit out because of osteoporosis in his left hip and maybe some bursitis. Jacksonville wins 24 - 15
Old 01-07-2008   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaguars are going to win the superbowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
last season, we were the last team to beat the colts before they went on to win the superbowl. this year'll be no different. instead of expounding on this airtight nugget of truth, i'll just tell you that the jags are gonna be pissed that they let us drop a 42-28 steamer on them and use it as motivation to beat the unbeatable pats, from there, they'll beat Sandianapolis in the AFC title game.

Superbowl: Jac v. GB ... brett favre will have to sit out because of osteoporosis in his left hip and maybe some bursitis. Jacksonville wins 24 - 15
About 10 minutes before I read your post, I was looking at espn.com and I also had the htought that the Jags are probably the toughest team RIGHT NOW.

I think the Jags win the Super Bowl, which is going to result in a big pile of Jags fans annoying us (and other AFC South teams' fans) forever. And I do mean FOREVER.

Jags will win. They're the Steelers from a few years back: Good running game, savvy QB, and a gritty coach.
Old 01-07-2008   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

The weather conditions are favorable in Foxboro for next weekend, according to reports. If that turns out to be true, the Pats win. There isn't a doubt in my mind. No wind, no rain and cold.

Judging from what I saw in the second half of the Steelers-Jags game, I am not impressed with Jax's pass defense. Mathis is a stud, but he is the only standout in the secondary. We all know that they have arguably the most formidable defensive line in football, but the Patriots have one of the best offensive lines.

We will see, but I don't foresee the Patriots giving up anything to the Jaguars. I am only worried about the Colts.
Old 01-07-2008   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a little team up there in Yankee Land that disagrees. Although, I will say that I think right now the Jags would be a tougher test for them then Indy... (right now, that is).
Old 01-07-2008   #5
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Jags have the best shot of anyone at upsetting them. Ball control offense is what it will take the beat the Pats.
Old 01-07-2008   #6
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Besides they have one of my two favorite running backs in the NFL right now. How can you not like MJD and Marion the Barbarian Barber?
Old 01-07-2008   #7
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
Besides they have one of my two favorite running backs in the NFL right now. How can you not like MJD and Marion the Barbarian Barber?
MJD and his little mighty mouse pose is funny
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2008   #8
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jags???

Old 01-07-2008   #9
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Quote:
MJD and his little mighty mouse pose is funny
I wouldn't mind seeing him do it for us......instead of against us.
Old 01-07-2008   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Patriots win big.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #11
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
I am willing to suspend my disbelief for the rest of the post for the sake of humour but if you really expect me to believe that Brett Favre will miss any games, particularly the Super Bowl, you must think I'm a complete nitwit. He'll be under centre if they have his carcass in a wheel barrow. And he'd still throw a touchdown and two interceptions.
Old 01-07-2008   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't win if you don't have the ball. I think JAX has a serious shot at losing to IND in the AFC Championship game.

NYG are riding a big wave right now. They are hot at the right time and could easily beat DAL. Though with Eli at QB - I just get the feeling he's going to screw it up somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Pats! Only three more wins until you are the Greatest Team in History.
Old 01-07-2008   #14
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post

NYG are riding a big wave right now. They are hot at the right time and could easily beat DAL.
Are these the same Giants I have been watching barely make the playoffs and had a hard time (first half) against the Bucs??

Beat Dallas??

I really wish I could believe you but I stopped doing drugs years ago....
Old 01-07-2008   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the pats are gonna have to earn it.

whats Hendersons status?
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Since this is an opinion board, here goes!!

I'm SICK of the Pats!! End of statement!

I'll never pull for the Colts again, simply because they allowed the Tennheads to make the playoffs by playing their bench warmers.

SOOOOO. GO JAGS!!! I can't believe I'm actually saying that, but, I sincerely mean it! I hope they pull off the supposedly impossible and kick the Pats a**es!!!! They manage that, the Colts/Chargers won't stand a chance. THey are HOT right now, and playing good football.

IF by some chance they make it to the SB and play against GB, my heart and sentiments will be with GB. If that team from up in N. Texas makes it and the Jags play them in the SB, I will go out and buy a black and teal jersey, just for the day!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #17
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Step away from the crack pipe!
Old 01-07-2008   #18
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

If anyone can beat the Pats, its the Jags.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
If anyone can beat the Pats, its the Jags.
They said that about the Colts, Steelers, and Cowboys, too.
Old 01-07-2008   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
They said that about the Colts, Steelers, and Cowboys, too.
YUP.. I think most people agree with you. The only thing is that the Jags have the right idea going about how to beat the Pats, but as we all know theories and practical applications are two different animals.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read