Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-06-2008   #1
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kevin Smith Declares

RB from UCF declare for the 2008 draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3184342

Deepest running back class ever?
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Smith Declares

yeah it's pretty darn good.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

wow, I am with Herv on one of the other threads . I am hoping we can package some 2nd day picks to move back into 2nd round
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kast. What round do you think Smith will go in?
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Good news for the Texans. The more good RB's there are, the better!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
wow, I am with Herv on one of the other threads . I am hoping we can package some 2nd day picks to move back into 2nd round
1.HERV
2.WOLF
3.Steel B.
Old 01-06-2008   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

I like Herv's plan, if we can make it happen, then my off season plan would look like this

RD1 best LT hopefully Otah
RD2 best cb " " Brandon Flowers
RD3 best saftey" " Charles Godfrey

FA's Spicer, Briggs, Mewelde Moore
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2008   #8
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

wow i would have thought that he would have waited till next year and would be a 1st rd there is way too much depth at rb he is not going to go as high
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #9
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I like Herv's plan, if we can make it happen, then my off season plan would look like this

RD1 best LT hopefully Otah
RD2 best cb " " Brandon Flowers
RD3 best saftey" " Charles Godfrey

FA's Spicer, Briggs, Mewelde Moore
I'd be very surprised if we draft Flowers. Dude has character issues.

If Ray Rice also declares, holy crap this'll have to be one the greatest drafts for RBs. That lack of a second round pick really hurts.

Last edited by rollinstone18; 01-07-2008 at 12:45 AM.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Kast. What round do you think Smith will go in?
He's a 1st round talent who may slip to the 2nd. I'd put him right up there with Mendenhall and Stewart really.
Old 01-07-2008   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Put me down on the "nay" list. I think we'll end up keeping our picks and maybe trying to get a few picks for players. Even if we don't end up with a 2nd, I think that the quality in the 3rd+ rounds will more than make up for not having a 2nd round pick. This might be one of those drafts for us where giving up extra picks means we get less really good players.
Old 01-07-2008   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

no clue where Smith goes. i can't even think straight on how many good backs are in this draft so i can't fit him into any group just yet, but i feel he's an elite prospect, i don't know what anyone else thinks.
Old 01-07-2008   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
no clue where Smith goes. i can't even think straight on how many good backs are in this draft so i can't fit him into any group just yet, but i feel he's an elite prospect, i don't know what anyone else thinks.
I think he misses the first round. This draft has so many RB's it's not fair. Guys like Smith, Felix Jones, Chris Johnson, and Ray Rice are all probably second and third round picks, but should go a little higher.
Old 01-07-2008   #14
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade back

Round 2 (trade) RB
Round 3 (trade) Oline, DB
Round 3 Oline, DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #15
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Thanks YTF & KAST.
Old 01-07-2008   #16
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

some one should tell some of these backs to stay and wait till next year and be a higher pick
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #17
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
some one should tell some of these backs to stay and wait till next year and be a higher pick
Like their parents.

But they just cant wait for the money money money money.

Cant really blame them.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 01-08-2008   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

it's not just money, if you have the shot to play in the NFL, which is all of these guys' ultimate dreams, i'd say it'd be really hard to turn that down.
Old 01-08-2008   #19
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
it's not just money, if you have the shot to play in the NFL, which is all of these guys' ultimate dreams, i'd say it'd be really hard to turn that down.
True, I'd do it for free.

Quote:
Old 01-08-2008   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Shh! Not if one ends up on our team. This does not include an Ian Johnson 5'10" 210 lbs from Boise State that may be available in later rounds. Even without a trade down, I am confident in Smith's ability to build the roster this off season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read