Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2008   #21
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: how would you compare the Titans Defense to the Texan Defense?

It was said already, but it bears repeating...the Titans as a whole are a nasty defense - ask the Chargers right now how they feel physically after two games with them. LT got just smashed all game by a dominant d-line that was betrayed by a terrible offense void of any gamebreakers at all.

Before anyone thinks the Titans are going to get worse on defense, remember they have 40M in cap space to re-sign or franchise Fat Al plus get Pacman back, if they can stand the scent of his BS.

This is one freaking tough division for the forseeable future...

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #22
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

if peoe notice, after titans made the trade with texans they draft like 4 def lineman in one draft. The difference is guys like haynesworth, odom, and via trade kvb has played up to their potential. The texans are at that state where they need williams to continue to progress, okoye to take the next step as well as johnson. I don't think weaver is anything good period. Demeco is really good the other lbs are avg at best. hope is better than any safety we got while griffin is getting better. I think it all about the d-line with the texans d. If they can dominate the line of scrimmage. everything else falls in place
leebigeztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #23
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I attribute alot of their defensive prowess to Fisher. The guy is a top coach in the league and has an aggressive attitude. They have guys on D that reflect that. They also, obviously, have more talent.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 01-07-2008 at 01:39 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #24
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

For long term reasons I would take ours. Depending on free agency/draft. We might have one of the better defenses next year.
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #25
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRAIN View Post
For long term reasons I would take ours. Depending on free agency/draft. We might have one of the better defenses next year.
I am all for thinking positively but we have a few things working against us.
  • we finished 30th in defense, up only one spot from last year
  • we lack a big DLineman who occupies space and produces pressure
  • We need a decent DE to compliment Williams
  • Our OLB's are below average
  • We need a replacement for DRob
  • We need safeties is a big way
  • Richard Smith is still the defensive coordinator.

Thats a big hill to climb.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #26
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I am all for thinking positively but we have a few things working against us.
  • we finished 30th in defense, up only one spot from last year
  • we lack a big DLineman who occupies space and produces pressure
  • We need a decent DE to compliment Williams
  • Our OLB's are below average
  • We need a replacement for DRob
  • We need safeties is a big way
  • Richard Smith is still the defensive coordinator.

Thats a big hill to climb.
What he said....
Old 01-08-2008   #27
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our defense would have been tops in the league if Schwartz didn't continually go into hibernation (see our first matchup... I'm sorry but Schwartz blew that one, don't mean to take credit away). Only problem is it hinges around one guy, Fat Al. When he went down you saw what our scheme was like without a dominant guy in the middle. Yall will have that guy with Okoye.

I would trade Bulluck and a 4th for Ryans right now....easy. The guy was bad all season.

We drafted extremely well in the late rounds. Picking guys like Vincent Fuller, Calvin Lowry and Cortland Finnegan is what put us over the top, even without Pac. Made a few splashes in FA with Hope and David Thornton and then Odom and LaBoy decided to step up this season to round it all out.

You guys will up to par with the rest of the division very soon.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2008   #28
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I would trade Bulluck and a 4th for Ryans right now....easy. The guy was bad all season.
not MR. MONDAY NIGHT!!

if this was madden that trade would get three red bars
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #29
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

To steal someone else's thunder...

He may be Mr. Monday Night, but most of our games are on Sunday.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #30
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
To steal someone else's thunder...

He may be Mr. Monday Night, but most of our games are on Sunday.
very nice
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read