Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-06-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Monte Kiffin doesn't have a contract next season...

I heard on the game today that Monte Kiffin is not under contract to be DC for the Bucs next season. Monte Kiffin just happens to be my all time favorite DC from when I rooted for the Bucs as my favorite team when the Oilers left town until the Texans came back. I still am a Bucs fan but I have to root against them when they play the Texans.

Back on topic, Kiffin has 8 top 5 defenses in 12 seasons with the Bucs and is the godfather of the Tampa 2 defense. I was pushing Ron Rivera before I heard this but Kiffin taught Ron Rivera and every other defensive assistant that came from the Bucs (HCs like Herm Edwards, Rod Marinelli, and Lovie Smith come to mind) this defense!!!

What are your thoughts on this? I say back a truckload of money onto his doorstep so he can bring the Tampa 2 to Houston!!!
Old 01-06-2008   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Monte Kiffin doesn't have a contract next season...

I heard the same thing on the broadcast.....and I thought the same thing. The Texans should pursue him with everything they got.

It would be so sweet to have our young D molded by this guy. Please, please, please, let this happen.
Old 01-06-2008   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

After I heard them say that there is nothing I want more this offseason than to have Monte Kiffin as our DC. No player would be as valuable to our team than Monte Kiffin would be as our DC.
Old 01-06-2008   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 102976 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Kiffin will either remain with the Bucs or join his son, Lane, in Oakland. He's not coming to Houston.
Old 01-06-2008   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like for Ole Bob to see if a few million $ per year can change his mind.
Old 01-06-2008   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

would have to take an obscene amount of money to get Monte to leave Tampa. he LOVES it here, for MANY reasons. i don't think he'll even consider joining his son in Oakland he loves it here so much.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude. Don't even get your hopes up. Really. Ain't gonna happen.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2008   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 102976 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I would like for Ole Bob to see if a few million $ per year can change his mind.
Kubiak makes $2 million/year. Do you think they would offer an assistant more than the head coach makes? That's probably what will keep Kiffin out of Oakland, seeing that Monte already makes more than his son.
Old 01-06-2008   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Kiffin will either remain with the Bucs or join his son, Lane, in Oakland. He's not coming to Houston.
Lane Kiffin wanted to get rid of Rob Ryan as the DC in Oakland, but apparently Al Davis didn't let him.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Lane Kiffin wanted to get rid of Rob Ryan as the DC in Oakland, but apparently Al Davis didn't let him.
Yeah I was going to post the same thing. It seems as they are saying .......... Not so fast my friend Ryan might not be as gone as first reported.
Old 01-06-2008   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Kubiak makes $2 million/year. Do you think they would offer an assistant more than the head coach makes? That's probably what will keep Kiffin out of Oakland, seeing that Monte already makes more than his son.
Okay....so I can't recall off the top of my head what Kubiak makes, but thanks for insinuating that I don't understand how the infrastructure and payscale correlate to one another.

I thought the drift of what I said was understood.

How's this, how about paying him $1.95 million per year or give Kubes a raise and bring in Kiffin at an appropriate amount below the Head Coach but still more than he makes now. Is that better?

My point is I was speaking in general terms. And I also don't know what Kiffin makes, I would just love it if he were to land here. My first thought after hearing that in today's game was that is HIGHLY unlikely he leaves TB.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 01-06-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read