Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2008   #1
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Taylor and Walker are the future!!!!!!

so please all of you who dont pay attention, or even those who just think we need a running back please chill out, cuz it wont happen. we will NOT draft a rb, and we dont need one, we need another Rb like we need another QB. we need OTs, a center, cb's, safteys, heck id take another LB or De before another RB.... Darius walker and Chris Taylor will be awesome next year IF we draft some O line or sign some FA's on the line. in all our years weve spent 0, thats right 0 1st round picks on an OT, which in my opinion is the second most crucial position after the QB, heck I should be able to run behind a solid O line, so i think chris and darius can handle it. plus look at what darius does, he hits whole, hes short and quick which means hes hard to tackle, he doenst go backwards and hes 1 cut and gone, thats a proto type NFL rb, and chris will add to the pounding..... so please shill out with the which RB are we gunna take, because its none.........

edit: plus the running back position in the NFL is waaaay overrated, it really comes down to who is blocking, unless its adrian peterson, hes once in a lifetime, and there arnt any of those in the draft this year(mcfadden is over rated, mendenhall and even rice look better in the NFL IMO)

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Taylor and Walker are the future!!!!!!

I agree, if our OL block next year, like they did against Jacksonville in our season finale, then we've got a good stable of running backs to get us through the year.

But Ahman Green & Ron Dayne are hurt all the dang time.

Taylor & Walker may be superstars..... may be duds..... may be adequate... who knows.

Like you, I don't think we'll draft a running back in the first round. I'd like it, but I don't think it will happen.

As far as OT, & Center. I agree, we need to do something at those position, mainly because of the age of Salaam(who played well this year) & McKinney(who was hurt most of the year) & Flannagan, who is also old as hell.

But, we've got Jordan Black, Rashard Butler, Charles Spencer, & Brandon Frye who may play LT for us in the future... we've also got Pitts, who we can move to LT.

Then we've got Greg Eslinger, Drew Hodgdon, & even Fred Weary can play center.

I can understand if none of these names do it for you, but, it is my opinion, that Denver has had just as much success, building their OL in house, as they've been at turning out 1000 yard runners.

I think we'll start seeing some of these picks, maybe even a few undrafted linemen start contributing on our offensive line in '08.

Look at their offensive line. Neither of their OTs were even drafted.

Kuper was drafted in the fifth, and Myers in the 6th.

Holland was a free agent, from new orleans, a 4th round pick.

Hey, I wouldn't mind getting a stud center in the middle of the first, I just don't see it happening.

Most likely, we're going after a CB.
Old 01-06-2008   #3
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But Ahman Green & Ron Dayne are hurt all the dang time.
What? Ron suffered the first injury of his career (that I'm aware of) and still took some runs. Ron is our most valuable runner. Like it or not.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm probably Ron's biggest proponent 'round here, but he hasn't been 100% this year or last.

No doubt, our offensive line is to blame for the lack of a run game, and Ron is the best thing we've got right now, but that is a sad, sad statement.

& his injury this year, is far from the first of his career.
Old 01-06-2008   #5
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I want Ron Dayne as our 3rd string back, I like the guy, but he isn't worthy of being a 1st or 2nd stringer. AG needs to go and if we don't get a new RB, I hope either Taylor or Walker step up. I seriously wouldn't be that surprised if we did draft a RB or acquire one in FA, maybe I'm biased, but I want a stud RB that can carry the load(sorry, not sold on either Taylor or Walker).
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not to the point of saying that Taylor and Walker are our franchise backs...I don't think that at all. But with that said I like both of them on our team. I think we need another RB that can take the load as well as share it with the current backs we have.

I def. agree with you we have more pressing NEEDS, but on the other hand I think we do indeed draft a RB somewhere...be it 4th round or so...
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
I want Ron Dayne as our 3rd string back, I like the guy, but he isn't worthy of being a 1st or 2nd stringer.
There's just something wrong with this. How can a guy that keeps grinding out yards not be worthy? Did he molest a kitten, urinate on the sidewalk?
Whenever he gets the chance (and the ball) he does a damn good job.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 01-06-2008   #8
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Ron Dayne does an adequate job when he gets the opportunity. His biggest problem is that he is slow to the point of attack. I don't care who is the fastest in the 40 yard dash. That's a track and field event. This is football. And in football, I want the guy in there that is fastest to the whole. In other words, a guy that can see the play developing, then make a decision based on that analysis, and go. Someone that can do that quickly is fast at the point of attack, regardless of their actual footspeed.

That is how Darius Walker, and possibly Chris Taylor, might be able to outproduce Ron Dayne if they were given the opportunity.

Of course, if you have a running back that has fast footspeed, and is fast at the point of attack, then you really have something there. Especially, if he can also run for power, and protects the ball.
Old 01-06-2008   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
so please all of you who dont pay attention, or even those who just think we need a running back please chill out, cuz it wont happen. we will NOT draft a rb, and we dont need one, we need another Rb like we need another QB. we need OTs, a center, cb's, safteys, heck id take another LB or De before another RB.... Darius walker and Chris Taylor will be awesome next year IF we draft some O line or sign some FA's on the line. in all our years weve spent 0, thats right 0 1st round picks on an OT, which in my opinion is the second most crucial position after the QB, heck I should be able to run behind a solid O line, so i think chris and darius can handle it. plus look at what darius does, he hits whole, hes short and quick which means hes hard to tackle, he doenst go backwards and hes 1 cut and gone, thats a proto type NFL rb, and chris will add to the pounding..... so please shill out with the which RB are we gunna take, because its none.........

edit: plus the running back position in the NFL is waaaay overrated, it really comes down to who is blocking, unless its adrian peterson, hes once in a lifetime, and there arnt any of those in the draft this year(mcfadden is over rated, mendenhall and even rice look better in the NFL IMO)
I disagree. If you look at the last Kubiak presser, he talks about the needs of the Texans: running back, left tackle of the future, secondary. He doesn't specifically say we are going to draft running back, but talk of getting a young running back seems to point that direction.

You can't go into next season thinking that a guy who didn't play last year and a smallish promising guy are enough.

Basically, the Texans need to get into a running back situation where the starting RB isn't GTD--game time decision.
Old 01-06-2008   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes ask Jacksonville how overrated it is

People were also saying when AJ was hurt that he didn't make THAT big a difference because Davis and Walters had stepped up...then he came back and we were 10 times more effective. You don't really know what you need until you have it. We haven't had a #1 back. Pitts loss of Willie showed last night while MJD and Taylor controlled the game and turned the tide. We either have average backs or ones that are unproven. We need an upgrade that teams need to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Basically, the Texans need to get into a running back situation where the starting RB isn't GTD--game time decision.
Well said per usual.
Old 01-06-2008   #11
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we have a problem at RB. Not a huge problem, but a problem none the less. During one of the Pittsburgh games in Jerome Bettis' last year, the network did a day in the life of Jerome after a game. If there is one thing I learned from that story is that RBs take a huge beating in the NFL. Basically, the older the back, the worse they feel on Mondays.

You've got to keep bringing in new RB position and keep fresh legs available. We have two of the older RB in Dayne & Greene. They’ve got to be replaced.

Walker is a good kid and he did well when he got a chance to play in the last four games of the season. You’ve got to keep in mind that he had fresh legs and was playing against teams with players who have been through the grind of a long season. Many of the players were second stringers or were first stringers that were tired and beat up. We'll see what he can do at the beginning of next season when everybody is fresh. At 5’10”, 208#, Walker is on the small end of the size scale and doesn’t show break away speed; however, he does have very good vision and a nose for finding the hole. Also, Walker has shown a knack for catching passes out of the backfield and does pretty well in space. I think he’ll be a keeper and hope he does well.

I’m not apposed to seeing the Texans start next season rotating Walker & Dayne. Dayne’s just too old to carry the load now but can still pound the rock pretty good. I have a sneaky feeling Greene will be out of the league next season.

With many of he experts claiming the draft is heavy in running back and with some of the comments Kubes has made in his pressers, I have to believe we are going to try to pick up a rookie with either the first or third round picks.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #12
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
There's just something wrong with this. How can a guy that keeps grinding out yards not be worthy? Did he molest a kitten, urinate on the sidewalk?
Whenever he gets the chance (and the ball) he does a damn good job.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I like Dayne alot, the guy comes in and does his thing and rarely fumbles, but he isn't starting material IMO.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #13
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 121 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Taylor and Walker are the future!!!!!!

Quote:

unless its ____________, hes once in a lifetime, and there aren't any of those in the draft this year
I never ever want to hear this phrase again. It's the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. And we hear it every year.

As a side note. Walker and Dayne remind me of my sex life. Lot's of boredom interspersed with brief moments of joy. I can only take so much depression.

Chris Taylor is injured and unproven. He played great in the preseason, but so did JJ. Would you like JJ to be your number 1 receiver?
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #14
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117888 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

RB is a big need. You need a good runner to win games and championships. Name a recent Superbowl team that won with a crappy RB...

The Broncos System is dead, thanks to NFL regulations taking away all the cheap shots.

Ask yourself:
Is there a team where either Walker or Taylor would start in the NFL?
No

That lets you know you need an upgrade.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Chris Taylor has the potential to be one of those "How come nobody drafted THAT guy?" backs in the right system (meaning the Denver system in this case). He needs to step up and take that job in training camp this coming season or he'll be done however. There's always another Chris Taylor waiting in the wings who could be a great back if things work out right.

Darius Walker I disagree with you on. I don't think he's anybody's future. He's a good third down back kind of guy with good vision and a nice feel for the seam and where it's going to be. He has zero "pop" when he hits the hole however and only makes that seam against poor run defenses or teams that aren't going all out (like his excellent day against Jacksonville's reserves). Against a good run defense at this level he is borderline useless as a feature back, mark my words.

Ultimately I don't think either of them will end up being the guy. I think Kubiak is looking for "the guy" even as we speak. He might even draft him. Green will come back because they hope he'll do next year what he was supposed to do this year. Dayne will come back as Green Insurance. Chris Taylor and Darius Walker will come to camp and at least one of them won't make it out of the preseason. Some back aquired either through the draft or free agency will become our featured back by week 4 of next year.

At least that's what Carnac The Magnificent says.
Old 01-06-2008   #16
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line_Producer View Post
I never ever want to hear this phrase again. It's the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. And we hear it every year.

As a side note. Walker and Dayne remind me of my sex life. Lot's of boredom interspersed with brief moments of joy. I can only take so much depression.

Chris Taylor is injured and unproven. He played great in the preseason, but so did JJ. Would you like JJ to be your number 1 receiver?
hahahaha, that just proves that most of you have no idea

that man child set a single game rush record hus rookie season, hes goin to the pro bowl and got rookie of the year, sound like you were either a sip(texas fan) or an sec guy...... he is once in a lifetime, injuries or not, how can yall be so ignorant as to think we need another RB so bad..... hey, the coaches are with me, its bout time texans fans stop acting like retards and use their heads....... andre is our number 1 guy...... duhhhh, j j is nothin but a pleasent suprise and hell be more to this team if he stays healthy, christ yall are ignorant....... maybe they arnt the future, but they sure as hell deserve the chance....... adrian peterson is the best running back i have ever seen, ever, so stop lying to yourself because thats the most dangerous kind.....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually if you go by what the coach (That would be Gary Kubiak) is saying then "the coaches" aren't "with you". They're against you.

Other fans aren't "ignorant" and they aren't "retards". They're paying attention to what the coach is saying. Chris Taylor and Darius Walker will get every opportunity to make the team and be the starter. If it doesn't happen don't get too upset. Hey, I'd like to be proven wrong by one of these guys but the odds simply are not in their favor. Pointing to some mediocre games these guys have played doesn't convince me. They both looked good against bad or reserve defenses.

As for Adrian Peterson he's a damned good back and I wish he'd fallen to the Texans. He didn't so that's that.
Old 01-07-2008   #18
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 121 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: Taylor and Walker are the future!!!!!!

Quote:

that man child set a single game rush record hus rookie season, hes goin to the pro bowl and got rookie of the year, sound like you were either a sip(texas fan) or an sec guy...... he is once in a lifetime, injuries or not, how can yall be so ignorant as to think we need another RB so bad..... hey, the coaches are with me, its bout time texans fans stop acting like retards and use their heads....... andre is our number 1 guy...... duhhhh, j j is nothin but a pleasent suprise and hell be more to this team if he stays healthy, christ yall are ignorant....... maybe they arnt the future, but they sure as hell deserve the chance....... adrian peterson is the best running back i have ever seen, ever, so stop lying to yourself because thats the most dangerous kind.....
Good Lord. Last year Bush and Young were once in a lifetime players. The year, Adrian Peterson. Who just happens to be living up to the hype.

sip or an sec guy? Both I suppose. I root for aTm as well, and Hawaii, and USC. Hmm...I just love football.

Yes. JJ is a pleasant surprise, but he's proven more than Taylor has. I trust the judgment of the coaches. I am not, and will never be an armchair GM. I flat out don't know enough about the players, nor do I get to see them every single day at practice. If he's the future, great! I just refuse to hang my hat on someone that hasn't convinced the coaches he's ready for regular season play.

Man. I just got called a 'retard' on the internet. Haha. First time for everything I suppose.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #19
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Please learn the use of the following:

- Periods

- Apostrophes

- The Shift key

And also a) please lay off the insults and b) remember that your opinion does not equal fact. Do that and you are more then welcome here.

As for Peterson being the best back you have ever seen, I'm curious as to how long you have been watching football. Peterson is good, no denying it but compared to the likes of Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, LT, Emmitt Smith and others; Peterson has only done it for a year while the rest have sustained greatness. Let's give Peterson a few years before we start to compare him to the truly great RBs (I think that he'll be in that mix one day, but that day is not now).

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 01-07-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 147126 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it just me, or does it seem like we've had a recent influx from the "Main" forum? I'm not insulting, just curious.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read