Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-04-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jaguars To Raise Ticket Prices

Quote:
JAGUARS TO RAISE TICKET PRICES by Michael David Smith

It might seem strange for a team to follow up a season in which it couldn’t sell out its home games by raising ticket prices, but the Jacksonville Jaguars are prepared to do it.

Vito Stellino of the Times-Union reports that the Jaguars are raising prices from $2 to $8 per ticket per game. The cheap seats in 2008 will go for $390 for the 10-game season ticket package, which is an increase from $360 in 2007.

The increase is despite the fact that the Jaguars had three home blackouts in 2007. But Stellino reports that the Jaguars think they’ll sell out every home game in 2008, both because they made the playoffs this year and because they have a more attractive slate of visiting teams, including the Steelers and Packers.

The Jaguars’ average ticket price in 2007 was $64.33 for lower bowl and $38.33 for upper bowl. Only four teams in the league had cheaper tickets.

But no matter how low the prices or how good the team, the Jaguars apparently have no plans to change their policy of covering up 10,000 seats at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium. That policy was put into place after the 2004 season, when the Jaguars managed to sell out just two games.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #2
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Jaguars To Raise Ticket Prices

In related news Jags order more tarps to cover their stands.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I expect ticket prices to raise on us as well. They raised after the 7-9 season, why should they not on our immaculate 8-8 season?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I expect ticket prices to raise on us as well. They raised after the 7-9 season, why should they not on our immaculate 8-8 season?
Sucks for y'all. Hope the scalpers aren't affected.

But anyway, its not like there's anyone to complain about Jaguars ticket prices, except maybe companies who make the black tarp.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Shoot, man, mine went up after the 2-14 season!! :elle:
Old 01-04-2008   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I think you're actually right, I believe mine went up about $4.00 per seat per game.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Yes they did. And remember they made us pay the first installment BEFORE they made a decision on whether to retain Carr and/or draft Young. That was the closest I ever came to losing my PSL and not renewing. I am glad we re-upped even with them keeping Carr and blowing it but to this day my dad still hasn't totally bought into what the Texans are doing since they resigned Carr and let Young go to Bud. It was a tough pill for my old man to swallow and to be honest, he still hasn't bought into the new regime. Mario playing well gives him a glimmer but not enough to really make a difference. Kinda sucks because now he gives up his ticket half the time and that was good father-son time. Oh well, his loss I guess.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read