Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-04-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Which RB hits the hole the hardest?

IMO the thing we need most is a RB with great vision who can find a hole and HIT IT as soon as he gets the ball. Just make one cut and go, no dancing around and what-not. Which RBs do you think are the best at this in the upcoming draft?

As far as guys we have a shot at im gonna have to go with Mendenhall, that guy has a very nice burst as soon as he gets the ball. I wouldn't be upset if the Texans snagged him in the 1st even though im on the LT bandwagon. But ultimately im on the BPA bandwagon and if Mendenhall is the BPA I say we take our franchise back.
Old 01-04-2008   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which RB hits the hole the hardest?

I believe Travis Henry takes the cake. (kudos if you get the joke)
Old 01-04-2008   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I get it .

Henry has game like a jackrabbit in March .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 01-04-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
We be talking upcoming draft though...
Old 01-04-2008   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
sadly, my fist thought was Lendale white and Ron dayne hitting the donut holes the hardest
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Charles, Stewart, and Mendenhall all hit the hole pretty hard and don't dance in the backfield. Ray Rice hits the hole surprisingly hard for a back of his stature.
Old 01-04-2008   #7
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Charles, Stewart, and Mendenhall all hit the hole pretty hard and don't dance in the backfield. Ray Rice hits the hole surprisingly hard for a back of his stature.
I really think we should give Ray Rice a look. The only knock on him is his size, and we all know how that worked our for MJD.
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2008   #8
austintexanite
All Pro

Jamaal should have come out next year, but he does hit the hole faster than Mendenhall or Stewart. The problem is that he rarely hits the holes on the inside of the line, most of the time he's running outside of the tackles. The first td he scored against ASU, was more to blame on the defense than Jamaal breaking tackles. Personally, I like Stewart over Mendenhall but they are both great runners.
Old 01-04-2008   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the #1 thing that you look for in a RB is productivity . If you can find a guy at 220lbs , runs a 4.4 , and averages 1500 yds a season you have a premiere prospect .

How many teams draft a guy who looks like Tarzan , runs like a cheetah , plays like Jane .

Oh yeah ... Mcfadden , Mendenhall , and Stewart seem to have it all .

I'd take Felix Jones , Jamal Charles , and Chris Johnson if the price was right .
Old 01-04-2008   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I really think we should give Ray Rice a look. The only knock on him is his size, and we all know how that worked our for MJD.
MJD has Rice by almost 50 pounds. I don't get the comparison.
Old 01-04-2008   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
I think Rice and Hart are the same player ... draft Hart in the 3rd or 4th .
Old 01-04-2008   #12
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think Rice and Hart are the same player ... draft Hart in the 3rd or 4th .
Hart is heavier, not as shifty, nor as fast, and runs it inside much more consistently. They are both good college backs.
Old 01-04-2008   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Hart is heavier, not as shifty, nor as fast, and runs it inside much more consistently. They are both good college backs.
They are both listed at 5'9 and between 195 - 205 depending on who you read .

Another back who's in the same mold is Tony Temple . He's been fairly productive and you don't hear him mentioned at all .
Old 01-04-2008   #14
Ckw

Quote:
What exactly are you smoking because I'd love some of that hallucinogenic magic. ESPN has MJD at 212 and Rice at 205. Look I'm not saying Ray Rice will be like him, but he has similar size but is not quite as strong as MJD. Both are fast as hell and can pound it up the middle. The questions people were asking about MJD are the same questions being asked of Rice. That's the comparison. I'm just saying too many people are quick to reject a back because of his "size".

Last edited by Ckw; 01-04-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-04-2008   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
What exactly are you smoking because I'd love some of that hallucinogenic magic. ESPN has MJD at 212 and Rice at 205. Look I'm not saying Ray Rice will be like him, but he has similar size but is not quite as strong as MJD. Both are fast as hell and can pound it up the middle. The questions people were asking about MJD are the same questions being asked of Rice. That's the comparison. I'm just saying too many people are quick to reject a back because of his "size".
That's true and some of the best backs in recent history less than 5'11 .

LT - 5'10
Emmitt Smith - 5'9
Barry Sanders - 5'8
Frank Gore - 5'9
Priest Holmes 5'9
Walter Payton - 5'10
Old 01-04-2008   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

according to Newtons second law Net force equals mass times acceleration. (note: acceleration means change in speed or direction ∑ F = m a) too complicated for beerlover, but someone smarter than me can figure it out. here are your specifications to formulate who hits the hole hardest, included height (don't see where this factors in the formula) because a more compact body would seem like a higher concentration of force. obviously this cannot measure the mental makeup or size of ones heart for contact although I would have to say this is a negative regarding JS because he likes to take contact more directly to counterpunch a would be tackler than trying to avoid contact which could shorten his career.

Stewart 235 lb 4.54 forty 5097
Mendenhall 210 lb 4.48 forty 5108
Jamaal Charles 200 lb 4.39 forty 5115
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #17
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
That's true and some of the best backs in recent history less than 5'11 .

LT - 5'10
Emmitt Smith - 5'9
Barry Sanders - 5'8
Frank Gore - 5'9
Priest Holmes 5'9
Walter Payton - 5'10
Thanks for the additions. Rep.
Old 01-04-2008   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
according to Newtons second law Net force equals mass times acceleration. (note: acceleration means change in speed or direction ∑ F = m a) too complicated for beerlover, but someone smarter than me can figure it out. here are your specifications to formulate who hits the hole hardest, included height (don't see where this factors in the formula) because a more compact body would seem like a higher concentration of force. obviously this cannot measure the mental makeup or size of ones heart for contact although I would have to say this is a negative regarding JS because he likes to take contact more directly to counterpunch a would be tackler than trying to avoid contact which could shorten his career.

I think that vision and making up ones mind plays a huge role in this .

The Titans drafted a guy last year in round 2 . His mame is Chris Henry . He is 5'11 and weighs 230 . He ran a 4.4 forty and lifted 225 lbs 26 times . He really was'nt that good in college .

There are a lot of backs in this draft with speed and they have the yards to show they know how to run .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 01-04-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

Dude
Old 01-04-2008   #20
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Which RB hits the hole the hardest?
Nice thread title considering youre not hitting any holes until next year.....
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read