Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-04-2008   #1
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The 11th Pick in the draft

Patrick Willis, Jay Cutler, Big Ben, DeMarcus Ware, Dwight Freeney, Dan Morgan, Marcus Trufant

Hmmmm.......I'm seeing a trend here
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The 11th Pick in the draft

All those guys have been or are good except Marcus Trufant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Trufant isn't good?? He's better than any healthy DB currently on our roster. I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Old 01-04-2008   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Trufant isn't good I would like to know what your definition of good is? He is my no.1 target in F.A. if I was RS. We will be lucky to get him. Why did you start a thread about pick no.11? Do you advocate trding up to pick no.11?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If Trufant isn't good I would like to know what your definition of good is? He is my no.1 target in F.A. if I was RS. We will be lucky to get him. Why did you start a thread about pick no.11? Do you advocate trding up to pick no.11?
Umm, I didn't start the thread.

FTR - It's not in the Texans section, but rather the draft section. I believe the original poster intended it to show that the #11 pick has produced some high quality players.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 01-04-2008   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

SORRY I forgot to check who started the thread. Would you sign Trufant? I must be losing my mind.
Old 01-04-2008   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Trufant isn't good?? He's better than any healthy DB currently on our roster. I'd take him in a heartbeat.
I'd take almost healthy DB over what is left of our backfield.

Sorry - I'm just not impressed with Trufant. Especially compared to the other guys on the list.

Quote:
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2008   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
SORRY I forgot to check who started the thread. Would you sign Trufant? I must be losing my mind.
Compared to what we have sure why not - but I wouldn't throw oodles of cash his wa. I think Bennett is going to be a might fine CB, especially if/when a healthy DRob makes it back.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2008   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

lol Trufant is a top 10 corner.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Who on the list do you like? Money may be better spent on Gay, G. Wilson & Spicer
Old 01-04-2008   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd take almost healthy DB over what is left of our backfield.

Sorry - I'm just not impressed with Trufant. Especially compared to the other guys on the list.
Comparatively speaking, Trufant is better than Cutler at the present time. Dan Morgan has yet to play a full season in his career. He's played 4 games in the past 2 seasons. 59 in 7 seasons.

Meh, to each their own I reckon.
Old 01-04-2008   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

in papal's defence, i used to know a diehard seahawks fans and before this season, they were decidedly unimpressed with trufant describing him as very average... havent heard from him lately but it looks like trufant had a better yr statistically this yr
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

I watch a lot of games (thanks to NFL package) - he just doesn't wow me. Just my opinion.

Might be in some folks Top 10 - I don't deny that. But I wouldn't throw tons of cash his way.

Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read