Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-03-2008   #1
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bill Belichick: Coach of the Year

Didn't deserve it, IMO. Shoulda gone to Mike McCarthy.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill Belichick: Coach of the Year

16-0.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
16-0.
I'd get a 1600 on my SAT if I got the answers before the test.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
16-0.
Also stained the reputation of the league by cheating and thinking nothing of it. I guess its the same as awarding Shawne Merriman with Pro Bowls.
Old 01-04-2008   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
I'd get a 1600 on my SAT if I got the answers before the test.
Psst. 2400.
Old 01-04-2008   #6
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

The guy went 16-0, how can you not give it to him?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #7
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Psst. 2400.
It was 1600 in my day.
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2008   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
The guy went 16-0, how can you not give it to him?
The same reason why the Pats forfeited a first round pick.
Old 01-04-2008   #9
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was 1600 in my day.
Mine too......1600 now would be considered lame I guess.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Also stained the reputation of the league by cheating and thinking nothing of it.
like the rest of the league? yawn. everyone does it. it's not even cheating.
Old 01-04-2008   #11
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think they split up the English part.
Old 01-04-2008   #12
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
like the rest of the league? yawn. everyone does it. it's not even cheating.
It's not cheating until you get caught. He got caught. Bottom line, he's a cheater, and that will be part of his legacy, like it or not.
Old 01-04-2008   #13
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Of course. After all, we all know that the New England Patriots would have been ultimately incapable of out playing the mighty New York Jets had it not been for some aquired information regarding defensive hand signals! How else could they have possibly rolled over the mighty AFC East. Even if they were, by some act of god capable of sweeping the Jets, there would certainly be no chance in hell that they could over come the Dolphins and Bills twice in one season. Cheating is obviously the reason for their success this season!

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow. I had no idea. I was wondering why kids were looking at me like I was an ***** for getting a 1430 back in the day.

That's like a 2120 now.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Also stained the reputation of the league by cheating and thinking nothing of it. I guess its the same as awarding Shawne Merriman with Pro Bowls.
They went 16-0 in spite of intense league and media scrutiny from week 1. They got caught doing what every team does, and they fessed up and took the punishment like men. They still had to go out week to week and beat these teams.

I don't see how this "stains the league", either. Ratings are at all time highs, so apparently, just like 'roids in MLB, nobody gives a crap.
Old 01-04-2008   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was 1600 in my day.
thank you!!

I think its okay that he was named coach of the year. 16-0 is super tough, no matter how you slice it. I still don't like the guy though.
Old 01-04-2008   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

He was caught cheating in the first half of the first game and then had to destroy all tapes. If anything, this is the cleanest season the Patriots have had since Belicheck has been coach.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's not cheating until you get caught. He got caught. Bottom line, he's a cheater, and that will be part of his legacy, like it or not.
not to me it won't, because i don't worry about such nonsense.

when everyone does it and gameplans for it and around the other teams doing it, it's just like any other part of the game you prepare for.
Old 01-06-2008   #19
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Caught stealing signals? Psshhhtt! That's nothing. You guys don't even know that...

... Tom Brady is actually a highly sophisticated robot.

... Belichick has a "24"-like bunker with Chloe and Jack watching surveillance films of their opponents' practices.

... Bob Kraft has these photos... well, let's just say they involve Roger Goodell, a goat, and 37 shots of Jagermeister.

... Jesus loves the Patriots and Divinely Intervenes at least twice per quarter.

Just the tip of the iceberg, people. I'm starting a T-shirt company called "Kiss My Asterisk."
Old 01-06-2008   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

i'm guessing the Patriots would be picking #1 overall if they didn't have those signals for the Jets the first game of the season. which every team does. remember Miami last year recording all of Brady's signals before last year's 21-0 game? seems pretty much exactly the same to me, no one seemed to care about that though.

every team does it. it's not cheating. it's strategy. period.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read