Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-03-2008   #1
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 15 years ago today...

Bud Adams turned 70 and 35-3

It was just mentioned to me, so I figured I'd share the pain.
Old 01-03-2008   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 15 years ago today...

Oh yeah ... remeber the Titans .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #3
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: 15 years ago today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

grrrreat...now I get to re-live the pain AND be reminded how old I've gotten.

THANKS DB......you rotten !@@!$$%#@
Old 01-03-2008   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 165380 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember that game like it was yesterday. Hypnosis apparently doesn't always work.

You ever come across somebody that hears you are an Oiler/Texan fan and asks you IF YOU REMEMBER THE GAME??? I get that about once a month and still haven't come up with a tactful way of answering the question.
Old 01-03-2008   #5
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93139 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I remember that game like it was yesterday. Hypnosis apparently doesn't always work.

You ever come across somebody that hears you are an Oiler/Texan fan and asks you IF YOU REMEMBER THE GAME??? I get that about once a month and still haven't come up with a tactful way of answering the question.
I was in the fkn stadium that miserable day. It still hurts to this day, and the Titans could win 4 rings will it will still not be able to wash that stench off me.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #6
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post

Kick them in the groin , they will quit asking!
Old 01-03-2008   #7
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

The game comes on in its entirety on NFL Network tomorrow. I was too young to remember, but I have seen it before on NFL Films, and it made be sick. Especially the Bills player that stepped out of bounds and came back in to catch that TD pass.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2008   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
The game comes on in its entirety on NFL Network tomorrow. I was too young to remember, but I have seen it before on NFL Films, and it made be sick. Especially the Bills player that stepped out of bounds and came back in to catch that TD pass.
I've been cursed with seeing that replayed game - both the long and short versions - for years now. For whatever reason(s), the self-inflicted wound of watching that particular game never fails.
Old 01-03-2008   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He will never die. I think he eats human hearts.

I couldn't get off the couch after that game. I couldn't even change the channel. I think there was some Elvis movie on afterwards, or maybe someone else changed the channel.

I don't trust the outcome of sporting events until I see 00:00 on the final scoreboard.
Old 01-03-2008   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember going on to the front porch and caulking the windows. My wife kept saying "they're coming back on them", and I smugly said, "nah, just making it good for the viewers".

Thank God that's Tennessee's nightmare and history now.
Old 01-03-2008   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Why?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #12
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: 15 years ago today...

I have a fantasy for how he dies. The Titans win the Superbowl and he's so happy that he has a massive heart attack on his way to pick up the Lombardi trophy. He dies looking at it just a few short feet away. It's so close he can read the inscription on it, but can't quite touch it and he gives his death-rattle before the commisioner can put it into his dying hands.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
I have a fantasy for how he dies. The Titans win the Superbowl and he's so happy that he has a massive heart attack on his way to pick up the Lombardi trophy. He dies looking at it just a few short feet away. It's so close he can read the inscription on it, but can't quite touch it and he gives his death-rattle before the commisioner can put it into his dying hands.
I hope he lives long enough to see the Texans win a superbowl.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #14
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93139 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've been cursed with seeing that replayed game - both the long and short versions - for years now. For whatever reason(s), the self-inflicted wound of watching that particular game never fails.
It's like Bill Simmons would always comment - anytime there was a Sox game on before '04's Series win the TV or newspapers always had the curse to flash to the viewers 1,000,000 times.

It's the same for Oiler/Titan/Texan fans that still have the stench of that frigging game. No matter what, any time a team is getting blown out, that 35-3 game has a 50-50 shot of being mentioned. And anytime I'm around a few of my certain buddies, they always wait for my reaction. It's like watching the unabomber get his start, they figure.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #15
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I like the way you think, but the only flaw is he has no heart in his chest to have the attack.
Old 01-04-2008   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How about this: One of his players is holding the trophy high in the air and is suddenly bumped into by VY, who pulled his quad walking up to the podium, knocks the trophy out of the players hands. Bud, looking straight up at the trophy catches one of the 3 sharp corners at the base of the trophy in the throat. That particular corner happened to have a jagged piece of metal hanging off which slices Buds throat like a knife through hot butter. A frightened VY then looks for something to put pressure on the gushing wound only to find a furry little ball lying next to Bud.

Well, that furry little ball turned out to be Buds hair piece. The rug happened to be infected with the ebola virus. Bud's body bled out and he soon passed on the spot.

Old 01-04-2008   #17
Bud Adams
Rookie

You hurt my feelings when you talk like that.

I miss John McMullen. Back when he was around I could always pretend that I was the second most hated owner in Houston.

I'll give you all free admittance to my Tennessee Titans Hall of Fame museum (one time only of course) if you quit saying mean things about me. Now that's a good deal if I ever saw one. We got famous Nashville Oilers in there to look at.

Seriously though I remember that game like it was yesterday too. I had assembled the greatest collection of football talent the world has ever seen. At the half I was dancing around practicing my Lombardi trophy wave and everything. I had this plan back then that I'd wave it around over my head when I won it. Now I couldn't lift it to save my life. Somebody jokingly told me to quit that or I'd jinx the team and I fired them.

Next thing I remember was the smelling salts bringing me back to consciousness. When the Bills went ahead I fainted. The doctors tell me my heart stopped beating but all I remember is the smell of sulpher and being very, very hot. I think I was in Arkansas at the hot springs!

Last edited by Bud Adams; 01-04-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Bud Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #18
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I had a buddy named Ron, who was a very jaded Oilers fan. We were watching the game at his house and he said to me, after the Oilers scored to go up 35-3, that the Oilers would find a way to lose the freakin game. He was serious too, and it pissed me off how negative he could be...

I remember after the game, walking out into his back yard, taking my Oilers cap off my head, throwing it on his BBQ pit, soaking it in charcoal lighter fluid, and burning that sucker...

A guy I know was whiskey drunk in his own apartment with a bunch of friends, and went nuts after the game. He basically destroyed every scrap of furniture, picture on the wall, and all the glassware and other breakables in his entire place.
He was so out of control that everyone just got the hell out. By the time the law got there, he was passed out on his couch, laying on broken glass...
Here's to you, Perry... You did what a lot of us probably felt like doing, but weren't crazy enough to actually do...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

yeah, I remember watching it with a buddy (Jungle Bob, as a matter of fact), and we went outside at halftime just to let out some of the excitement. I mean, we were certain at that point of victory...we could feel it, we had the team, years of playoff attempts...and damn, the rest of the afternoon is just a blur, one that I've worked on for years to erase from my memory.

I think the overwhelming majority of Oilers fans were blindsided that day, and I have yet to meet one that endured the experience without some kind of mental and/or emotional scar leftover.
Old 01-04-2008   #20
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:

I HATE YOU DB!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read