Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-16-2008   #61
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Medic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Appreciate the input Childress. I have a little different perspective. In my opinion, Arrow's recent posts have been defensive, darker and harsher than before and certainly with no sense of humor.. We all go way back and I can remember all of us having some fun jabbing with y'all, but lately, its been ugly. If I were to put my finger on when things changed from fun smack to ugly crap, it would go back to the whole Trent Green knocking himself out while attempting to end someone elses career - incident. But that's just my guess.
I blame your resident Phins fan! We laughed at him & all hell broke loose.J/k

I don't know but the spark seems missing a little.Silver Oak & another TT guy came to GoTitans & didn't go down very well. They were stubborn & played well but it got repetitive & we rarely saw them post anything other than in the smack shack.

Oak is okay but now if he shows up he gets bashed straight away.Maybe we all need to sit down in a circle & hold hands. :elle:

OK we could have a campfire & some beens instead
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008   #62
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Appreciate the input Childress. I have a little different perspective. In my opinion, Arrow's recent posts have been defensive, darker and harsher than before and certainly with no sense of humor.. We all go way back and I can remember all of us having some fun jabbing with y'all, but lately, its been ugly. If I were to put my finger on when things changed from fun smack to ugly crap, it would go back to the whole Trent Green knocking himself out while attempting to end someone elses career - incident. But that's just my guess.
See I guess I do not see it that way. I have not been on this board for a while. Nothing to really talk about. You take me to seriously anyways. Most of the "smack" I run is the same old smack just trying to test out new material. I thought the jabs at the Fin fan were amuzing. He seem to get it was a joke, I think. b0ngs reply to me was down right rude to start out with. He acted like I attacked your main forum.

I think on occasion I have made some pretty pleasant comments about your team and that you are making obviously noticable improvments.

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpos...97&postcount=2

and ...

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=66

Does that mean I am now a cow fan? No way, but it should also make some of my comments a little lighter.

The T Green thing did bother me maily with the argument that was being presented.

Basically lighten up. It is the off season.

I seriously thought we were going to beat SD and I was wrong. We were one solid drive away and a missed 38 yard FG from that actually happening. The comments about the Titans on this board prior to the game seems as if we were about to play the pats. Every fan has to believe there team can win any game they go into.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008   #63
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
You take me to seriously anyways.

Basically lighten up. It is the off season.
For the record, I haven't changed my demeanor one bit since you've been comin' 'round these parts.
Old 01-16-2008   #64
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For the record, I haven't changed my demeanor one bit since you've been comin' 'round these parts.
I really do not think I have either.

Old 01-16-2008   #65
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Oak is okay but now if he shows up he gets bashed straight away.
I have thick skin so I'm ok.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008   #66
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I have thick skin so I'm ok.
So are you going to take the same approach as last season? I am thinking maybe not so much sure talk as letting things unfold a little this next season?

Sure cure for hoof in mouth syndrome.

Old 01-16-2008   #67
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So are you going to take the same approach as last season? I am thinking maybe not so much sure talk as letting things unfold a little this next season?

Sure cure for hoof in mouth syndrome.
translation request please?
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2008   #68
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
translation request please?
At the begining of last season you came on our board all full of hopes and dreams ... we see how that ended. I was wondering if you try a more humble approach next season?

Old 01-16-2008   #69
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At the begining of last season you came on our board all full of hopes and dreams ... we see how that ended. I was wondering if you try a more humble approach next season?
I can see it now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak at GoTitans;
Hey you inbred moonshine lovers.
Texans are gonna stampede our way to an 11-5 season in 08'. Before you take off your shoes to try & work that one out, it's one more win that that RB you have under center scored on his wonderlic.
Yeee haw!
Old 01-16-2008   #70
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

If I did not know you ....

Old 01-16-2008   #71
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Quote:
If I did not know you ....
Yeah if IP addresses weren't logged I bet I could get away with impersonating a Texan fan.
Old 01-16-2008   #72
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why on earth would I not want to be optimistic at the beginning of each season???

Quite frankly, my optimism was rewarded with the Texans having their best season ever in our brief existence as a franchise.
Old 01-16-2008   #73
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if not for a gimmi by the Jags you would have not finished .500 and 0-6 in division.
If not for a gimmie by the Colts the Titans would not have made the playoffs.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008   #74
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
If not for a gimmie by the Colts the Titans would not have made the playoffs.
Yeah sorry about that. I'm sure given the same opportunity Texans fans would prefer their team to take a knee instead of the gimme.
Old 01-16-2008   #75
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Quote:
Why on earth would I not want to be optimistic at the beginning of each season???

Quite frankly, my optimism was rewarded with the Texans having their best season ever in our brief existence as a franchise.
There's optimism & then theres going to a rival board & boasting about how better than their your going to be. When it doesn't pan out it looks like you wearing a 'kick me' sign.
Old 02-05-2008   #76
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Every fan has to believe there team can win any game they go into.
Agreed. That's why I hate when people say "Nobody wants to go up against (insert hot team here) in the playoffs!" Although it's usually Dan Dierdorf that says it, it just comes across as really ignorant.

I bet the 20 teams that aren't going to the playoffs wouldn't mind a crack at 'em.

I pick my team every week. There is always a scenario that plays out in my head that says they "could" win the game. Otherwise, why would I watch it?
Old 02-05-2008   #77
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
There's optimism & then theres going to a rival board & boasting about how better than their your going to be. When it doesn't pan out it looks like you wearing a 'kick me' sign.
You pay your money, you take your chances. If it came off, he could gloat all over your board.

I don't do pre-season predictions or bragging before things have come but I'm not much of a smack-talker, either.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read