Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-10-2008   #41
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Medic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Gotta admit that we played them better then most of the analysts had perdicted.

I heard one say a 41-10 loss

I prefer chili sauce ... though crow is usually served by the winning team not some clown on his couch. Toss me a beer and make room for the Jag fans they are going to need a seat come this weekend.
That's funny, how many TDs did you score again?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #42
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
That's funny, how many TDs did you score again?
And how many did the mighty LT score? How about yards. We were perdicted to be blown out and we weren't. how did the Texans do in the playoffs this season ... or ever for that matter?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #43
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And how many did the mighty LT score? How about yards. We were perdicted to be blown out and we weren't. how did the Texans do in the playoffs this season ... or ever for that matter?
He scored more TDs than the Titans........and stop with the BS about everyone predicting you would be blown out. This is the playoffs, not New England playing some weak team midseason, teams don't usually get blown out in the playoffs. 6 Years in, we don't have the advantage of 50+ years in the league like the Oilers do. Bottom line, you're sitting on the couch one week after us and our future is brighter. Get ready for 2 stomp downs next season, the past is the past. VY sucks and the sooner you realize it, the sooner the Titans can get a real QB.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #44
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

When will all the rhetorical questions end?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #45
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I perdict the spelling police will soon have BA in custody for flagrantly misspelling "predict".
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #46
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow
Please .. keep them coming. Crow suprise is always best when people have made a huge discussion out of it.

Please tell me again how no team can beat the pats ... any given Sunday and if they Pats are as arrogant as the Texans fans they might just find themselves watching the Super Bowl on the couch instead of playing in it.
Sack up little un..... would you like some BBQ sauce or Tabasco???

DeNial..... It's not just a river in Egypt.
Still can't sack up...... huh? typical.....

"....and how many did LT score, and how many yards, and .... " WTF does it matter? One and done... PERIOD!!!

Either man-up or get off the boards.....
Old 01-11-2008   #47
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Still can't sack up...... huh? typical.....

"....and how many did LT score, and how many yards, and .... " WTF does it matter? One and done... PERIOD!!!

Either man-up or get off the boards.....
Nah, screw the man up part. Just get off the boards.

I believe Flamer's post's are becoming more trollish every day. Don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya, Flamer. :elle:
Old 01-13-2008   #48
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
garbage
Please. You're terrible. It's one thing to say "I think the Titans will win because. . ." and then rub your two brain cells together to come up with a thought that isn't retarded, but you are the complete opposite. All you do is trash the Texans when you try to prove why you think the Titans are great. I couldn't possibly imagine you coming up with any sort of "argument" as to why Vince Young is good, other than ignoring every stat that team has put up, both offensively and defensively, and saying "He just wins". Which is exactly how this argument, and so many other arguments in the Houston area start.

I would enjoy Titan fans conversation if they could intelligently talk about what makes their football team good. But I don't get that. I get a drooling monkey who can barely point at 2 wins on their schedule and softly mumble "Vince Young" in real life. And you are pretty much the internet persona of that.

So now that I've said that, I'm going to go ahead and relish in the fact that the Titans lost in a typical all defense with horrific offense fashion and I couldn't be happier. Vince Young needs to have about 9 more years in the NFL before he can even dream of being consistent and I really do not care what you have to say about my Texans. At least my front office is already gearing up for next season by hiring better coaches and picking up players. And I know I'm not going to have to worry about Tennessee being very relevant any time soon due to terrible drafting. You guys took what, 3 WR's last year and not one of them came close to making a bit of difference? Sweet, keep that up for us okay? Thanks. Here's to you guys getting more WR's than the Lions.

I think that's enough for the night. I now have to go laugh at some Cowboys fans, because that's about the next best thing to seeing our old pal Bud Adams losing again. Thanks for the laughs this season, there was plenty of them!
Old 01-13-2008   #49
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Please. You're terrible. It's one thing to say "I think the Titans will win because. . ." and then rub your two brain cells together to come up with a thought that isn't retarded, but you are the complete opposite. All you do is trash the Texans when you try to prove why you think the Titans are great. I couldn't possibly imagine you coming up with any sort of "argument" as to why Vince Young is good, other than ignoring every stat that team has put up, both offensively and defensively, and saying "He just wins". Which is exactly how this argument, and so many other arguments in the Houston area start.

I would enjoy Titan fans conversation if they could intelligently talk about what makes their football team good. But I don't get that. I get a drooling monkey who can barely point at 2 wins on their schedule and softly mumble "Vince Young" in real life. And you are pretty much the internet persona of that.

So now that I've said that, I'm going to go ahead and relish in the fact that the Titans lost in a typical all defense with horrific offense fashion and I couldn't be happier. Vince Young needs to have about 9 more years in the NFL before he can even dream of being consistent and I really do not care what you have to say about my Texans. At least my front office is already gearing up for next season by hiring better coaches and picking up players. And I know I'm not going to have to worry about Tennessee being very relevant any time soon due to terrible drafting. You guys took what, 3 WR's last year and not one of them came close to making a bit of difference? Sweet, keep that up for us okay? Thanks. Here's to you guys getting more WR's than the Lions.

I think that's enough for the night. I now have to go laugh at some Cowboys fans, because that's about the next best thing to seeing our old pal Bud Adams losing again. Thanks for the laughs this season, there was plenty of them!
You were 8-8 … in no way were “your” Texans even in the same class as our team. Your team got swept under the rug and if not for a gimmi by the Jags you would have not finished .500 and 0-6 in division. Makes your BS smack about how we got in kind of calling the kettle black. Again our coaches got us here and we made the playoffs. I would be sick to my stomach if I were a Texans fan and you had not made some moves. Was 8-8 your peak time to settle there? What a stupid comment.

My comment was Vince Young finds a way to win games. Our D helped him out this season. Good teams do that when one unit struggles the next unit steps it up. Better to have a good D then an inept one. But you can argue that one with yourself. Again your logic is lacking. Terrible drafting? Ok so again you have no clue about football but we have an 1100 yard back, we have arguably one of the best cover corners coming back next season. Griffen played very well on special teams and at S. Finnigan in the 7th. Haynsworth … ? how bad is our draft really. I know it is hard to know anyone on other teams but these are all good players.

Seriously now you are going to try and taunt a team that would have utterly destroyed you in any type of game. That made the div. championship game … wow you are …. Interesting.

Old 01-14-2008   #50
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You were 8-8 … in no way were “your” Texans even in the same class as our team. Your team got swept under the rug and if not for a gimmi by the Jags you would have not finished .500 and 0-6 in division. Makes your BS smack about how we got in kind of calling the kettle black. Again our coaches got us here and we made the playoffs. I would be sick to my stomach if I were a Texans fan and you had not made some moves. Was 8-8 your peak time to settle there? What a stupid comment.

My comment was Vince Young finds a way to win games. Our D helped him out this season. Good teams do that when one unit struggles the next unit steps it up. Better to have a good D then an inept one. But you can argue that one with yourself. Again your logic is lacking. Terrible drafting? Ok so again you have no clue about football but we have an 1100 yard back, we have arguably one of the best cover corners coming back next season. Griffen played very well on special teams and at S. Finnigan in the 7th. Haynsworth … ? how bad is our draft really. I know it is hard to know anyone on other teams but these are all good players.

Seriously now you are going to try and taunt a team that would have utterly destroyed you in any type of game. That made the div. championship game … wow you are …. Interesting.
Yep. Have to trash the Texans so that you can feel better about your team. Don't do anything predictable. That would just blow my freakin mind.

Seriously, I can't wait to see '05 or '06 Haynesworth make an appearance after you pay him a buttload of money. It will be funny to watch Vince flounder with no defense to bail him out.
Old 01-14-2008   #51
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Nah, screw the man up part. Just get off the boards.

I believe Flamer's post's are becoming more trollish every day. Don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya, Flamer. :elle:
Agreed...

I have no idea what happened to the guy. He used to be cool to chat with and yes, we had the occasional sparring sessions, but has lost all class and has become the epitome of trolls... Shame, Shame Sparrow.

Quote:
Yep. Have to trash the Texans so that you can feel better about your team. Don't do anything predictable. That would just blow my freakin mind.
bOng... this seems to be his MO lately.....

Quote:
Seriously, I can't wait to see '05 or '06 Haynesworth make an appearance after you pay him a buttload of money. It will be funny to watch Vince flounder with no defense to bail him out.
Good point about Fat Albert and his 'contract' year.
Old 01-14-2008   #52
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You were 8-8 … in no way were “your” Texans even in the same class as our team. Your team got swept under the rug and if not for a gimmi by the Jags you would have not finished .500 and 0-6 in division.
And your team BACKING into the playoffs because of A "gimmi" by the Colts is so much better how?

Your team did not deserve to be there, as evidenced by their complete lack of ability to play the Chargers.

If choking in the playoffs and beating a 6 year old team pacifies you in the face of many decades of futility, then have at it.
Old 01-14-2008   #53
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
And your team BACKING into the playoffs because of A "gimmi" by the Colts is so much better how?
That is exactly my point. We did not back into anything we won the game we needed too. If it cheapens our playoff spot then the Texans should also be cheapened by there .500 season. I do not agree with that but that seems to be the consensus.

Quote:
Your team did not deserve to be there, as evidenced by their complete lack of ability to play the Chargers.
Teams that goto the playoff deserve to go. Plain and simple. The Browns should not rely on other teams to get them in they should have already been in with a W at Cinci. If any team did not deserve to go it was the Browns.

Quote:
If choking in the playoffs and beating a 6 year old team pacifies you in the face of many decades of futility, then have at it.
How do you choke in the playoffs against the, at worst, 2nd best team in the AFC? We played them hard for the first half and our lack of offense killed us in the second. Hopefully we learn from that next season.

No I do not blame it all on the WR. I think Young really needs to grow up. His lack of maturity is killing our team and the tantrums are even worst. He pouts at times and our O pays for it. I am hoping it was just growing pains mixed with the quad injury ... but I will admit his season was below average and he needs to improve or he will find himself on the bench.

Collins is NOT the answer!

Old 01-14-2008   #54
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:

The entire premise of this thread is to mock the injuries suffered by the Titans at the end of the season. Sorry if I do not spare your feelings in a thread that starts off aggressive. Know the context of the thread you are posting in before spouting off about how I am putting down your team.

From what I have read a lot of Haynsworths improvement this season came form him taking classes to improve his ability to use his hands to get away from blocks. If true his game may have stepped up to another level. I personally have blasted the guy on numerous occasions and think he was mainly in it for the $$ this season. He still missed 3 games with injury, he still sat out plays (reference the end of the 1st SD game). He was the same guy he always has been but with more finesse and less brute push through you style. With Pacman returning next season our secondary should improve and our return game should also improve. Picking up a decent WR in the off season to help Young out, probably a TE and I can see our offense improving. There is no way our passing offense can get any worst. If Young passes as well next season but is not hampered by a quad injury I could see our O improving quite a bit.

Old 01-15-2008   #55
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're probably one of the worst Titans posters on this messageboard. I don't think anybody would be mad if you took your Vince Young jock swinging "Oh we've got injuries but your injuries don't count because you're players suck" crap out of here. I can't beleive I'm saying this, but you make Vinsanity10 look absolutely Einsteinian in comparison. Go the hell away and never come back.

Oh, and Tennesse will absolutely get destroyed by San Diego tommorrow make no mistake. Vince Young couldn't pass his way out of a paper bag, and you better hope that Haynesworthless doesn't reaggrivate his poor hamstring or else it'll be up to Kyle "God I Hope Haynesworth is playing too" Vanden Bosch to provide all of the pressure of your D-line. And he did sooooo good when Haynesworthless was out too didn't he?

Get the hell out of here, and even if the Titans do win, I ain't eating no crow because you're just an *****.
Why because he won't bend over & 'yes oh wise one' to every Texan fan he disagrees with. This is the smack forum buddy,it's supposed to like this in here. If you don't like it stay out of the forum.Every board has a room like this & they're not supposed to be taken seriously.

As for the injury whining by Texans fans here why?I guess when your used to making excuses for your failings you continue to make them even though you had a great season all things considered.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008   #56
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Why because he won't bend over & 'yes oh wise one' to every Texan fan he disagrees with. This is the smack forum buddy,it's supposed to like this in here. If you don't like it stay out of the forum.Every board has a room like this & they're not supposed to be taken seriously.

As for the injury whining by Texans fans here why?I guess when your used to making excuses for your failings you continue to make them even though you had a great season all things considered.
Not it at all Childress... It's because arguments are weak and not accurate. He asks a question, but when answered he comes up with some lame other excuse... He's also gone on to being quite the troll lately - which surprises me. Really surprises me... *scratches head*

Anyways.... On to the fun stuff!!

I don't use injuries as an excuse - never have, but Titan fan is quick to go to the "if he had more talent" excuse quickly.

I think you know my posts well enough to know that I don't make excuses...

I will state facts - and the facts are:

1) How many years did it take that franchise to make a SB appearance?? well, let's just say 1 appearance in 48 seasons, doesn't leave a lot of room for talking smack!!

2) After 48 seasons, are you aware that your franchise has only made 19 play-off appearances AND 5 of them were in the AFL??? so in the NFL....38 seasons only 14 appearances.. Not exactly numbers that would leave me to beleive that your franchise has any room to talk smack...

Point being, no one hear makes excuses for the Texans... Quite the opposite. You see some of the harshest criticisms of the Texans right here on this board. We want a winner, we dont want mediocrity, unlike Titan fan who finds every excuse under the sun for vince and others, rather than admitting that the Titans backed into the play-offs and got exactly what they deserved in San Diego... I mean, did you think you had a shot against SD?? Really?!?!

Titans do deserve props for that defense though. I will admit that during last off-season, I thought your 'D' was going to be very bad - especially after the loss of Pac-man Jones... Who knew that your 'D' would really step up? :dunno:
Old 01-15-2008   #57
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is the smack forum buddy,it's supposed to like this in here. If you don't like it stay out of the forum.Every board has a room like this & they're not supposed to be taken seriously.
Official message boards sponsored by NFL teams don't have smack forums. There is a reason for that, too.
Old 01-16-2008   #58
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Official message boards sponsored by NFL teams don't have smack forums. There is a reason for that, too.
True that.

I admit I haven't been posting here much for a while.When in the mood or perhaps drunk I can be quite the troll myself.It's great when smack is funny & both parties are being ridiculous & getting a kick out of it.

That obviously doesn't happen all the time though & of late I've felt that you guys are more inclined to get defensive & want to run us off than than have a laugh.

Arrow has more time on his hands than I have but I though he'd earned his stripes here & been accepted as part of the furniture. I know he's not a homer & has a good sense of humor. I just walked in & thought he was under attact in a manner I hadn't seen here before.
Old 01-16-2008   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
True that.

I admit I haven't been posting here much for a while.When in the mood or perhaps drunk I can be quite the troll myself.It's great when smack is funny & both parties are being ridiculous & getting a kick out of it.

That obviously doesn't happen all the time though & of late I've felt that you guys are more inclined to get defensive & want to run us off than than have a laugh.

Arrow has more time on his hands than I have but I though he'd earned his stripes here & been accepted as part of the furniture. I know he's not a homer & has a good sense of humor. I just walked in & thought he was under attact in a manner I hadn't seen here before.
Appreciate the input Childress. I have a little different perspective. In my opinion, Arrow's recent posts have been defensive, darker and harsher than before and certainly with no sense of humor.. We all go way back and I can remember all of us having some fun jabbing with y'all, but lately, its been ugly. If I were to put my finger on when things changed from fun smack to ugly crap, it would go back to the whole Trent Green knocking himself out while attempting to end someone elses career - incident. But that's just my guess.
Old 01-16-2008   #60
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

[quote=Texan_Bill;824317]Not it at all Childress... It's because arguments are weak and not accurate. He asks a question, but when answered he comes up with some lame other excuse... He's also gone on to being quite the troll lately - which surprises me. Really surprises me... *scratches head*

Anyways.... On to the fun stuff!!

I don't use injuries as an excuse - never have, but Titan fan is quick to go to the "if he had more talent" excuse quickly.

I think you know my posts well enough to know that I don't make excuses...

I will state facts - and the facts are:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill;
1) How many years did it take that franchise to make a SB appearance?? well, let's just say 1 appearance in 48 seasons, doesn't leave a lot of room for talking smack!!
Don't forget the old 'one yard short' line too.

There are only so many times we can drag this up before it gets old.You probably feel the same way about us banging on about your record but at least it's relevant in terms that it's recent.

Doesn't leave much room for smack? We're divisional rivals,if we finished up tying both games in a season & having the same record we'd be arguing over who looked best doing it.

Quote:
2) After 48 seasons, are you aware that your franchise has only made 19 play-off appearances AND 5 of them were in the AFL??? so in the NFL....38 seasons only 14 appearances.. Not exactly numbers that would leave me to beleive that your franchise has any room to talk smack...
It's now 20 appearances 12 of which I've been lucky enough to see as a fan of 21 years.For all his moronic move in Houston Bud has at last finally learned it's best not to meddle because it screws things up. Again we did better than the Texans & that's always room to smack.

We are still a joke to the Jags & Colts if it's any consolation.One day you'll get the better of us & we know it.It was getting close this year for a while,we need to make the most of this situation while we still can.

Quote:
Point being, no one here makes excuses for the Texans... Quite the opposite. You see some of the harshest criticisms of the Texans right here on this board. We want a winner, we dont want mediocrity, unlike Titan fan who finds every excuse under the sun for vince and others, rather than admitting that the Titans backed into the play-offs and got exactly what they deserved in San Diego... I mean, did you think you had a shot against SD?? Really?!?!
I knew we had no shot but they fought hard & the experience will do the young players good.I had this to say about Young in a GoTitans thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan
10]Vince The Pageant Princess.

All the ability in the world & he's always had his own way on the way to the big leagues.Now he is the petulant child with growing pains.With precious little help from WR's he's had to accept that he can't do it all on his own & it's bruised his ego.

The past suggests he will rise to the challenge & seek to better himself.He is his toughest critic.

His short passing game has improved dramatically this year as has his ability to read the field but he threw more off his back foot in the process which hurt his accuracy on longer throws.That said a stud receiver would have pulled many of his drops in. Has the potential to be a top 5 QB but he needs play makers to help him along the way. No QB's can do it on their own as Favre's lean years in Green Bay without WR help proved.
I wasn't being a homer I was looking at the positives in my mind.He regressed in year two no doubt about. The comments about his receivers aren't excuses,it's true.Our bunch are pitiful & the Texans seem to have 5 or 6 players that I'd start over them any day.

The sun does not shine out of his arse in my mind but I don't doubt he'll be a good QB for us in the long run.

Quote:
Titans do deserve props for that defense though. I will admit that during last off-season, I thought your 'D' was going to be very bad - especially after the loss of Pac-man Jones... Who knew that your 'D' would really step up? :dunno:
Thank you,yours still sucks. Ha ha just kidding dude.I didn't see any of your games in the 2nd half of the season,maybe 4 or 5 of your 1st 8. You were looking great at times.

Clearly won't be long before your just looking to find the last pieces of the puzzle rather than playing all your rookies & trying to find the best guy for the job.All those injuries may have hurt your season but you found out a lot about your back ups than you would have done otherwise.

That'll influence some of your coaches personnel decisions this off season & likely speed up the Texans progress next year.Theres good in every bad situation.My question is who do you want now between Schaub & Rosenfels?If we were at mid season now & Schaub was ready to play again I would not want to sit Rosenfels.

You are a class act as always Bill.Now can we please get back to the smack?

Texans suck.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read