Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-03-2008   #1
Texanballer
Rookie

Rep Power: 25 Texanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performer
Default Draft Guide

Have fun with this. Its a draft magazine in a pdf.

mock draft all 7 rounds, its like 116 pages long, has rankings of each player at each position.

http://bigblueview.com/images/admin/...ft_Preview.pdf

if this is against the rules please delete this

Last edited by Texanballer; 01-03-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Texanballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Guide

As long as the link is to something publicly available it is fine.

So everyone doesn't have to scroll thru:

1st--Rashad Mendenhall RB
3rd--Zachary Bowman CB
4th--Harry Douglas WR
5th--Thomas DeCloud FS
6th--Nelson Coleman LB
7th--Mike Cox FB
Old 01-03-2008   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

3rd--Zachary Bowman CB
4th--Harry Douglas WR
5th--Thomas DeCloud FS
6th--Nelson Coleman LB
7th--Mike Cox FB
As much as I want offensive line help- we can't fill all our holes in one draft. Mendenhall and Bowman would be a solid draft. I'm not familiar with the other players.

But our 7th round pick sounds like someone Bart Simpson called for at Moe's Tavern.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #4
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

3rd--Zachary Bowman CB
4th--Harry Douglas WR
5th--Thomas DeCloud FS
6th--Nelson Coleman LB
7th--Mike Cox FB

Baller, who is this guy? He has Sweed at 13, he has Choice at 20, he has Demps at 35.

Plus he does not have a clue as to the teams needs, lets take a 170 lb WR in the 4th. There are 8 player that make more sense than a WR that will never see the field, Johnson, Walters, Davis, Jones. WR is not as big a need as DB or LB, Moffit South Florida or Butler Nevada would get to play and push for time by the end of the season.

FB, I know it's the 7th round, but really we have Leach, Cook and Abbate, sorry we do not need another one. Plus, we could draft Killebrew UT, Finley TE from Oklahoma, or Blake from TCU. Blake scares me, but in the 7th, I can give the kid some time to get himself together, with no pressure.

What I do like about the mock, Mendenhall is a stud.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not too sure about this. Some of his stuff is off. I dont really like it.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I obviously don't agree with some of the stuff, but the fact that anyone can even sit at the computer that long enough or have detailed scouting reports for that many players is remarkable. He has players scouted that I don't even plan on making time to watch tape. This doesn't appear to just be a talking head following the crowd. I respect this a lot.
Old 01-03-2008   #7
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

3rd--Zachary Bowman CB
4th--Harry Douglas WR
5th--Thomas DeCloud FS
6th--Nelson Coleman LB
7th--Mike Cox FB
That draft kicks ass. Instead of DOuglas I'd go with a pass rushing DE though.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2008   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

came out with this too early. also i scanned it quickly and disagreed completely with some of what he said. meh.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't see us going with a RB in the first round, unless we pick up two good OL players before hand in free agency, and I don't see that happening. I think our first round goes to either an O lineman or the best defensive back avaliable with the 18th pick. It it was me picking, it would most certainly be an O lineman.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like this is from Matt Miller, who was once at NFL Draft Blitz. If anyone remembers that site.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read