Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2008   #1
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2008 free agency - your picks

What moves should we make in free agency? I think it would be wise to go after some defensive playmakers.

I would like to see us go after Asante Samuel the CB from New England. I hope we get a quality guy at CB or Saftey although we are definately thinner at CB with Robinson being down.
Old 01-02-2008   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: 2008 free agency - your picks

Justin Fargas, FA RB Oakland. Cut Green.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #3
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Justin Fargas, FA RB Oakland. Cut Green.

No way Fargas is garbage. Does anyone have a free agent list?
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

If seattle cuts him >.> Jason Babin.
Old 01-02-2008   #5
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRAIN View Post
No way Fargas is garbage. Does anyone have a free agent list?
Fargas isn't garbage, and Oakland will re-sign him unless he flat out says no.
Old 01-02-2008   #6
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Fargas isn't garbage, and Oakland will re-sign him unless he flat out says no.

I would rather have Turner.
Old 01-02-2008   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
I would rather have Turner.
Just because you would rather have Turner, doesn't make Fargas garbage.

Turner would be nice, but I just don't want to pay for him and would be perfectly happy with Fargas.
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2008   #8
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather draft a RB after our luck last year and since our history of getting used running backs hasn't faired so well.
Old 01-02-2008   #9
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Just because you would rather have Turner, doesn't make Fargas garbage.

Turner would be nice, but I just don't want to pay for him and would be perfectly happy with Fargas.

Yeah haha I guess Im just a little biased. Fargas had a decent year, maybe its just blinds me with the fact that he is a Raider. I don't see him as a premiere back though.
Old 01-02-2008   #10
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
I would rather draft a RB after our luck last year and since our history of getting used running backs hasn't faired so well.

That would prob be the best bet.
Old 01-02-2008   #11
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

would anyone like to see Briggs come over?
Old 01-02-2008   #12
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
The obvious answer is yes, the trick is finding the diamonds in the rough.
Old 01-02-2008   #13
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Eugene Wilson, FS, New England
Drayton Florence, CB, San Diego
Kawika Mitchell, SLB, New York
Justin Fargas, RB, Oakland
Justin Smith, DE, Cincy
Ryan Lilja, OG, Indy

As far as our needs go, I list them as: RB, FS, CB, SLB, pass rushing DE, and OL depth. If we can sign 3 (maybe 4) of the 6 players above along with some other players, I think we put ourselves in good position going into the draft.

Last edited by LORK 88; 01-02-2008 at 12:21 PM.
LORK 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
Eugene Wilson, FS, New England
Drayton Florence, CB, San Diego
Kawika Mitchell, SLB, New York
Justin Fargas, RB, Oakland
Justin Smith, DE, Cincy
Ryan Lilja, OG, Indy

As far as our needs go, I list them as: RB, FS, CB, SLB, pass rushing DE, and OL depth. If we can sign 3 (maybe 4) of the 6 players above along with some other players, I think we put ourselves in good position going into the draft.
I thought Kawika broke his leg on Saturday vs the Pats? Call me a big party pooper but I really don't see why everybody around here is so in love with Justin Fargas. He's an alright player, but he doesn't have that feature back quality like LT, Willie Parker, or Marshawn Lynch has. I think he will probably stay with the Raiders, and they will continue to plod along developing their offensive game. Also, who is Justin Smith, and isn't the D-line for Cincy just godawful bad?

My Picks
  • Randall Gay CB
  • Lance Briggs OLB
  • Any O-linemen not named Faneca
Old 01-02-2008   #15
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I thought Kawika broke his leg on Saturday vs the Pats? Call me a big party pooper but I really don't see why everybody around here is so in love with Justin Fargas. He's an alright player, but he doesn't have that feature back quality like LT, Willie Parker, or Marshawn Lynch has. I think he will probably stay with the Raiders, and they will continue to plod along developing their offensive game. Also, who is Justin Smith, and isn't the D-line for Cincy just godawful bad?

My Picks
  • Randall Gay CB
  • Lance Briggs OLB
  • Any O-linemen not named Faneca
Kawika sprained his MCL, he's day to day. I think he'd be good because he plays SLB and can do alittle bit more in coverage and blitzing. Fargas is definitely interesting because he would give us speed at RB that we've never had. I personally want us to draft Mendenhall or Stewart R1, but wouldn't be upset with Fargas at all. As for Justin Smith, he's flying under the radar because of a bad year. He's stout against the run (like Weaver), and usually gets around 6-7 sacks a season. Being the only decent player on the DLine, he got quite a bit of extra attention. Imagine what he would be able to do having a 1 on 1 match up because teams are worried about Mario and Okoye.

As for Gay, I think he could be solid for us. It would be pretty funny if he replaced Faggins so that the headling could read "Faggins Out, Gay In". As for Briggs, this guy is going to demand a serious salary and I don't think we feel the need to pay him the most an LB has ever seen. And lastly, I agree with anyone who doesn't fit the ZBS (like you mentioned, Faneca).
Old 01-02-2008   #16
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Briggs is a good LB in the 4-6 as it suits his talents, but don't know how he would fair transitioning to our scheme. To me, that would be a higher priced chance for me to take. He's good, but would he be that much better than a LB that is playing in a similar scheme as us and cheaper? I'm all for paying for talent, but think we could spend it on a better option. I might be wrong...just a gut feeling about him looking good in the 4-6.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see the Texans go after a veteran CB who doesn't break the bank. A RG who can stand up to the Hendersons & Haynesworths. Maybe a 3rd down pass rushing specialist (if one is available).
Old 01-02-2008   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the Gay pick as well. Doesn't break the bank and he has the CHANCE to be come a very productive player. The patties will tag someone. If they let Samuel walk...which they have already promised they would...I bet they tag Gay. Briggs and Samuels both are in that "we're one player away from the super bowl guys" pile. I don't think anyone in here is posting that. Gotta be pateint.
Old 01-02-2008   #19
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I like the Gay pick as well. Doesn't break the bank and he has the CHANCE to be come a very productive player. The patties will tag someone. If they let Samuel walk...which they have already promised they would...I bet they tag Gay. Briggs and Samuels both are in that "we're one player away from the super bowl guys" pile. I don't think anyone in here is posting that. Gotta be pateint.
They'd have to be crazy to tag Gay, he would get the top 5 CB's salaries averaged together for next year aka he'd get a 1 year, $8 million dollar contract.
Old 01-02-2008   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Even the wolf in New England has to have front line corners Lork, doesn't he ?

Every time I post he is going to move down with dallas every one acts like I'm outta my mind. He can't stand pat. Static is death in the NFL.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 01-02-2008 at 02:38 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read