Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-01-2008   #1
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Steel B's Off-Season Plan

Free Agents
Marcus Trufant, Justin Smith, Eugene Wilson

Draft: players that I would like to see drafted in these rounds (projections by N.F.L. DRAFT SCOUT)
RD.1 Baker T U.S.C.
RD.3 Choice RB GA. TECH
RD.4 Wallace C TEX A&M
RD.5 Marcus Walker DB Oklahoma
RD.6 Glenn Sharpe DB Miami
RD.7 Kirstan Pittman DE L.S.U.

I believe this would fill most of the holes we had on the team this year.

L-OT
DB's
Pass rushers
Center
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #2
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3248 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: Steel B's Off-Season Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Free Agents

Draft: players that I would like to see drafted in these rounds (projections by N.F.L. DRAFT SCOUT)
RD.1 Baker T U.S.C.
RD.3 Choice RB GA. TECH
RD.4 Wallace C TEX A&M

L-OT
DB's
Pass rushers
Center
baker stinks pick another
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's Off-Season Plan

Quote:
Free Agents

RD.1 Baker T U.S.C.
RD.3 Choice RB GA. TECH
RD.4 Wallace C TEX A&M

L-OT
DB's
Pass rushers
Center
Your spending a lot of money in Free Agency on those three players. I doubt we would be able to sign more than one of those three.

If I had to choose one of those three it would be Eugene Wilson.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe we could get 2 out of 3 at least. I would choose Smith & Trufant. How did you like the mock as far as filling needs?
Old 01-01-2008   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy View Post
Baker looks pretty good to me. are you even watching the game?
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

That was BS that they called a penalty on Reed's flip
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy View Post
I am watching U.S.C. & ILL. now & Baker seems to be doing a good job, although he probably needs to add strength. (Thats the easiest thing to add). I believe Otah or Loadholt will be there @ 18. Which one between Baker, Oher, & Loadholt do you like best?
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2008   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Baker looks good.

USC is the best team in the nation when they are 100% healthy. They are better than LSU or any other team.

Long looked decent today. He got beat inside and outside by Harvey, and Hart didn't really run behind him much on his longer runs.
Old 01-01-2008   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Baker looks good.

USC is the best team in the nation when they are 100% healthy. They are better than LSU or any other team.

Long looked decent today. He got beat inside and outside by Harvey, and Hart didn't really run behind him much on his longer runs.
Long does'nt seem as light on his feet as Baker .

He's still a good player and I liked when he drove the LB into the ground . He's a bigger Kyle Turley .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

I really don't care for long, he's more of a RT.
Old 01-01-2008   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I believe we could get 2 out of 3 at least. I would choose Smith & Trufant. How did you like the mock as far as filling needs?
You hit most the positions I see us as needing.

Probably would only take a RB in the 3rd if they were clearly a steal and BPA.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #12
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Long does'nt seem as light on his feet as Baker .

He's still a good player and I liked when he drove the LB into the ground . He's a bigger Kyle Turley .
He isn't as light on his feet. The play where he put the LB into the ground was a BS play that pissed me off. The whistles had blown the play dead and the LB had stopped and was disengaging. That is dirty. I felt like going out there and chop blocking him after that. He is good when only one rusher comes straight at him. Harvey was not able to go through him, only around him. He has a strong hand punch but played back on his heels in pass protection I thought and lunged too quickly when trying to pull or secure the edge. Harvey impressed me. He is more than just a 3rd down DE now.
Old 01-01-2008   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Harvey looked very fast off the edge. I think he will be a top 15 pick after the combine. He's going to test very well & I don't think he has character issues.
Old 01-01-2008   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Harvey looked very fast off the edge. I think he will be a top 15 pick after the combine. He's going to test very well & I don't think he has character issues.
I don't know about top 15. I had him initially graded out as an late second rounder to early third. However, after watching him again, I can see him moving up.
Old 01-01-2008   #15
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

You are much more knowlegable about him than I am. Do you think he has a 1st rd. grade now?
Old 01-02-2008   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You are much more knowlegable about him than I am. Do you think he has a 1st rd. grade now?
Honestly, no. I think he should stay another year. He is a quick rushing DE with a frame that should fill out fairly well. He has improved his run stopping ability, and today he showed much more willingness to try something besides the speed rush to the outside. I could see him going as high as mid 20's by April, but right now, he isn't a first rounder in most circles.
Old 01-02-2008   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-02-2008   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Free Agents

RD.1 Baker T U.S.C.
RD.3 Choice RB GA. TECH
RD.4 Wallace C TEX A&M

L-OT
DB's
Pass rushers
Center

Not bad... I'll believe Smith when they are at the podium anouncing the signing. But I like your direction. I was very dissapointed when Frye didn't get some snaps at center when McKinney went down. If he can't he can't but at least give the kid a shot. What you currently know for a fact now is you don't know.

Cody Wallace fits: the coach, the need, and the round.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read