Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2008   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default MMQB: Schaub and Texans

Check it out:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../week17/6.html
h. If Matt Schaub's any good, Houston's going to win 10 games next year and be the second wild-card team. You read it here first.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #2
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam
Default Re: MMQB: Schaub and Texans

Those are nice words. However, this is the same magazine that predicted Carolina would win the Super Bowl last year.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #3
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always thought he was a smart guy.
Old 01-01-2008   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Those are nice words. However, this is the same magazine that predicted Carolina would win the Super Bowl last year.
It's not about the prediction, it's about the good words. It's always rare for anyone to predict anything good for us. So it's nice to see someone not predicting a 4-12 season.

As for the prediction, I'm a firm believer that the experts' knowledge doesn't give them any more ability to pick winners and losers than the normal fan. And I think there are several people in our pick'em fantasy league that bear that out.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He's been quick to praise the Texans. He had us in his "fine fifteen" two or three times this season.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Check it out:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../week17/6.html
h. If Matt Schaub's any good, Houston's going to win 10 games next year and be the second wild-card team. You read it here first.
I wish hoping that Matt is what the coaches think he is was the only issue with this team.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Hey, in 11 games, Matt Schaub only threw 9 picks this season. Of course, I could point out other stats of note, but since I'm a Schaub fan, I'll leave it at that.
Old 01-01-2008   #8
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Hey, in 11 games, Matt Schaub only threw 9 picks this season. Of course, I could point out other stats of note, but since I'm a Schaub fan, I'll leave it at that.
One could say that in 11 games he only threw 9 TDs as well.

Either way, I want to see him get some action next season. Hopefully, he is everything that he was cracked up to be. If he isn't, Sage has shown us that he is the real deal and I would gladly accept him as the starter if Schaub were to lay a turd next season. I have enough faith in Schaub to see what he can do. I'll give him 5 games before I start calling for his head. Also, if he gets injured next season, I think it will be a clear sign of where this is going.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #9
SICLICK
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 SICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden cover

Next season will tell me what I need to know about Matt Schaub.
SICLICK is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read