Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-31-2007   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default GBN Mock Draft Jan 1st

http://www.gbnreport.com/2008projection.html

anybody up for passing on available LT Sam Baker/Jeff Otah for RB Ray Rice?
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #2
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: GBN Mock Draft Jan 1st

They are one of the few to not like Stewart at all. They have him as the 10th best RB. They also tend to really like Mendenhall.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
http://www.gbnreport.com/2008projection.html

anybody up for passing on available LT Sam Baker/Jeff Otah for RB Ray Rice?
Not really ... I'd take Dan Connor before Ray Rice .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

really can't see Gholston and Otah going so low by draft time.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #5
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24423 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't see New England taking Clady. While it could be argued that he's the BPA over Laurinaitis, I believe NE needs him more than a new LT. Both of their tackles are under 30 (currently) & should be good for another 5-8 years. Whereas 3 of their starting 4 linebackers are 30+ years old & should start showing signs of slowing down real soon. Add to the fact that Seau is 38 years old & it's painfully obvious that they've got to do something about bringing in new blood for their linebackers. I believe that both players will have an instant impact on the field, but Laurinaitis fills a more pressing need for NE.

Assuming that happens, I could see Clady dropping to #14 or 15. This brings up a question. If the Texans consider Clady to be so much better than Baker or Otah, would they be willing to trade their 1st (900 pts), 3rd (190 pts?), & most likely another later round pick, or a pick next year, to move up to 14 (1100 pts) & snag him? Or, would they be content to sit & take Baker or Otah? Hmmmmm.....

To answer your question Beerlover, no way I see the Texans taking Rice. Imo, they'll take one of Stewart, Baker, or Otah. Unless of course, they trade up for Clady. Ultimately, free agency will determine the Texan's draft strategy. I can't wait until free agency starts.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
They are one of the few to not like Stewart at all. They have him as the 10th best RB. They also tend to really like Mendenhall.
I don't either, and I also like Mendenhall a lot. I don't see Stewart being worth his draft spot in the NFL.
Old 01-01-2008   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I would be physically sick if we picked Ray Rice in the first round.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2008   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

me too ( I think I threw pu in my mouth).
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #9
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 95054 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be angry if we took a RB, excecpt McFadden.

I would be even angrier if we traded up. We need those draft picks.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure Austin, TN is on pins and needles hoping they'll get Limus.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 143147 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Well - I wouldn't be jumping for joy if we drafted a RB with our first pick; Gimmie the big uglies!

I am anti-trading up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #12
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Assuming that happens, I could see Clady dropping to #14 or 15. This brings up a question. If the Texans consider Clady to be so much better than Baker or Otah, would they be willing to trade their 1st (900 pts), 3rd (190 pts?), & most likely another later round pick, or a pick next year, to move up to 14 (1100 pts) & snag him? Or, would they be content to sit & take Baker or Otah? Hmmmmm.....
With as many needs as the Texans have, and how well they've done drafting in the 3rd/4th, I really don't see them trading up.

but....

If they had a chance to get a LT that would solidify the LT position for the next 12 years, who could perform at a near pro-bowl level (not sure Clady or Oher would fall into this category), I think it would be worth it - that woudl be someone who would be a top 5 LT, though, not someone in the 14-16 range. Unfortunately, I'm not good enough to judge players that well ahead of time, and I honestly don't think any Scouts would be sure enough to do so, so it' s a moot point, anyway.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Just an early mock. He's short on corners and OT's. Agreed. After McFaddin anything at Rb is a reach befor the middle of the second round. Mockers tend to raise the worth of RB' s and WR's early in the process. Get the Qb, Protect the QB, Defend the QB...that's it.
Old 01-01-2008   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Stewart is right up there with McFadden.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #15
opiedopie
Has Been

Thumbs up Re: GBN Mock Draft Jan 1st

no takle worth having will be available when the texans pick. I'm all for drafting best available player possilbly WR or CB.

No rookie LT is going to be any better than Sallam.

I like K Walter but he does not scare opp defenses.We need another gamebreaking big physical WR on the offense.(Bowman)(Sweed)

Another shutdown corner would also help.(A.Cason)

Then I would look at RB (Slaton) or (Charles)
opiedopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by opiedopie View Post
no takle worth having will be available when the texans pick. I'm all for drafting best available player possilbly WR or CB.

I like K Walter but he does not scare opp defenses.We need another gamebreaking big physical WR on the offense.(Bowman)(Sweed)

I'm glad you aren't the GM
Old 01-02-2008   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by opiedopie View Post

Do you even watch the games? WR. is one of the few strengths on the team. Our ol. has stunk for years. The db's are probably the worst in the league.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Ray Rice is going to be a good RB in the NFL but no way do we select him ahead of these other players. I'd love to take Rice if we happened to make a trade down.

With this pick I select Sam Baker.

I think Dan Connor would be the BPA at this point and would support that selection to play him next to Demeco but I would have a very very very hard time passing on Sam Baker.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I would be physically sick if we picked Ray Rice in the first round.
GBN has Rice rated ahead of Jonathan Stewart- http://www.gbnreport.com/2007rbs.html

of course thats their opinion, which is reflected in this mock. sometimes these draft sites are regionally biased.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
GBN has Rice rated ahead of Jonathan Stewart- http://www.gbnreport.com/2007rbs.html

of course thats their opinion, which is reflected in this mock. sometimes these draft sites are regionally biased.
I would take Stewart over Rice 10/10 times

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read