Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2007   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Are you all satisfied with an 8-8 season?

Are you?
Old 12-31-2007   #2
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are you all satisfied with an 8-8 season?

I am satisfied with a two game improvement over last year, especially in light of the adversity that the Texans had to overcome to win eight games.

Yes, I am satisfied. I have a warm and fuzzy feeling inside due to the Texan's 8-8 record, which I believe might just be adequate to carry me over until training camp in July.

The trend is clearly upwards. I am feeling optimistic about the Texan's prospects for the future. It's all good.

Happy New Year to the Texans and their fans!
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #3
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you told me AJ, Dunta, Schaub and Ahman would be out a significant amount of time at the beginning of the year, I would have jumped on 8-8.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

In a division where the other three teams made the playoffs... Satisfied is the word that pops up..
Old 12-31-2007   #5
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm satisfied with it for this season. Considering the horrid 2-14 season of a couple of years ago, when this team was in a really bad position as far as talent and organizational structure. You don't replace everybody all at once. There are some bright spots in our future.

1. Salary cap and dead money. When Rick Smith took over as GM we had a ton of dead money on our roster. Now, most of that money is gone and we can start making some moves in FA.
2. We have two viable QBs. Yes, they still have questions marks but before we had no QBs.
3. We have leadership on the defensive side of the ball. When we lost Sharper and Glenn, we took a huge hit to our team's leadership. Now, with the maturing of Demeco and DRob, that leadership void is being filled.
4. Playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. Before it was just Andre and he got smothered by the opposing defense each week. Now with the emergence of Daniels and the upstart Andre Davis, opposing defenses have to cover everybody.
5. A young, talented front 7. We have a pro bowl MLB and an up and coming DE. Include a new, extremely young DT, and you've got the makings of a good defense for years to come.
6. A young aggressive GM who has a knack for finding talent off the street - Maddox, Leech, Demps, Davis.
7. A young head coach who has brought this team to its best record in franchise history, who, by his own account, has a lot to learn. Just think how good we'll be when he learns it.

Yeah, I'll have to say I'm satisfied with 8-8 this year because I know it will get better.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Am I surprised? Not really.
Am I disappointed? Not at all.
Am I satisfied? Yeah, I'd say so.
Am I excited for 2008 on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I'm satisfied with it for this season. Considering the horrid 2-14 season of a couple of years ago, when this team was in a really bad position as far as talent and organizational structure. You don't replace everybody all at once. There are some bright spots in our future.

1. Salary cap and dead money. When Rick Smith took over as GM we had a ton of dead money on our roster. Now, most of that money is gone and we can start making some moves in FA.
2. We have two viable QBs. Yes, they still have questions marks but before we had no QBs.
3. We have leadership on the defensive side of the ball. When we lost Sharper and Glenn, we took a huge hit to our team's leadership. Now, with the maturing of Demeco and DRob, that leadership void is being filled.
4. Playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. Before it was just Andre and he got smothered by the opposing defense each week. Now with the emergence of Daniels and the upstart Andre Davis, opposing defenses have to cover everybody.
5. A young, talented front 7. We have a pro bowl MLB and an up and coming DE. Include a new, extremely young DT, and you've got the makings of a good defense for years to come.
6. A young aggressive GM who has a knack for finding talent off the street - Maddox, Leech, Demps, Davis.
7. A young head coach who has brought this team to its best record in franchise history, who, by his own account, has a lot to learn. Just think how good we'll be when he learns it.

Yeah, I'll have to say I'm satisfied with 8-8 this year because I know it will get better.
Next year we need to stay healthy and maybe just maybe it will be a playoff season.
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2007   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 103457 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Until we're winners, no I am not satisfied.

Is it a step in the right direction? Of course.

Here's to a better 2008 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Like I said STAY HEALTHY.
Old 12-31-2007   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Are you?
yes gary, yes I am
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

I think of it this way. Where we could have been if it weren't for all the injuries?
Old 12-31-2007   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 103457 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Every team deals with injuries. Using that as an excuse is a cop-out in my opinion. We need a better roster from top to bottom.

No one goes injury free all year long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

I don't know about top to bottom but we do need a new roster.
Old 12-31-2007   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the Houston Texans but I was always lead to believe that you should always evaluate your performance critically and if you were competing and didn't finish first figure out what you did wrong and strive to make the needed improvements.
If you finished first. Ask yourself what you have to do to improve on your performance to insure that you finish first NEXT year. Never be satisfied with yourself no matter how well you THINK you're doing and ultimately you'll be the best. You don't measure that in titles or trophies it's a hunger that only a chosen few can ever truly hope to know.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've said this several times but I think it's important.

People frequently use words and phrases when talking about their teams as though they were a player. The players and coaches and owner and management shouldn't be satisfied at all. If they don't win the Super Bowl then they should consider the season a failure and they should be working hard in the offseason to fix that.

But... I'm not a player. I'm a fan. The concept of being satisfied is the wrong approach to being a fan because for me at least, the word "satisfied" carries with it connotations of doing something about it if you're NOT satisfied.

I'm going to support my team whether they go undefeated or whether they don't win a game. That's MY job as a fan. The only real way you can "not stand for" a losing season or express your dissatisfaction is to stop being a fan of the team and if you do that, it seems to me you're a fairweather fan.

So, am I satisfied? I'm satisfied and happy that I have a team. Do I wish they were perennial winners? Yes. Am I going to wait around until they are? Yep.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #16
whiskeyrbl

I was always told " If your satisfied, you will never get better". With that said I will say I am happy about the non losing season, and happy with our progress in most areas. But satisfied.....never satisfied....
Old 01-01-2008   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorely disappointed that after 6 seasons this team's best record is 8-8. Starting with Kubiak, after the debacle that was our first regime, and considering all the injuries this year, I am not just satisfied but ecstatic that we did not have another losing season. I couldn't be happier with both Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak, although I'm not saying they're perfect.

Let's get some people healthy, have our best offseason ever, and come back next year snorting some flames!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #18
opiedopie
Has Been

I,m not complaining! It was a exiting season. Should have won two or three more games(Atlanta,Cleveland and Tenn x 2). But I didn't get beat up by all the cowboy fans at work as much as I did in years past! Thats nice!

By the way did you know 90% of all inmates currently in jail are cowboy fans?
opiedopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #19
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's see we lead the league with players on IR. Second worst in turnover ratio -13 , thanks to Ravens for being -17!
If we can hold onto the ball next year we a real chance of a winning record. Having so many people on IR gives a better idea of which our back ups can step into the starting lineup and contribute.
Yes I am happy with 8-8 this year but want more W's next year!
Old 01-01-2008   #20
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by opiedopie View Post
I,m not complaining! It was a exiting season. Should have won two or three more games(Atlanta,Cleveland and Tenn x 2). But I didn't get beat up by all the cowboy fans at work as much as I did in years past! Thats nice!

By the way did you know 90% of all inmates currently in jail are cowboy fans?
That's what I'm saying if we had AJ all season we probably would have won three more games and have been 11-5.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read