Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

VY the pouter

Anyone hear Andrea Kramer's sideline report last night?

Apparently Norm Chow told her that Young has immaturity issues and tends to pout if the game does not go the way he likes. I'm not sure if this is a ploy by the Titans to get Young to turn his act around or if this is Chow's way of acting out against the organization for not taking the QB he wanted but it is pretty significant either way.

Anyone hear Andrea Kramer's sideline report last night?

Apparently Norm Chow told her that Young has immaturity issues and tends to pout if the game does not go the way he likes. I'm not sure if this is a ploy by the Titans to get Young to turn his act around or if this is Chow's way of acting out against the organization for not taking the QB he wanted but it is pretty significant either way.

Link?

Yes I also heard that same report.

She wasn't reporting on him pouting - she was reporting on his OC talking his pouting when things aren't dandelions and buttercups (which they weren't for him last night).

We're just trying to get Vince's head right. He's been a heck of a lot of fun since we drafted him and I've enjoyed watching all the uproar in my hometown as a result of that pick (why else do you think we took him?) but he's kind of a crybaby at times.

I was reading a management self-help book last week before bed that said sometimes you need to shame employees in public to get their attention. I sure hope this works. I don't want to die without a Super Bowl ring.

We're just trying to get Vince's head right. He's been a heck of a lot of fun since we drafted him and I've enjoyed watching all the uproar in my hometown as a result of that pick (why else do you think we took him?) but he's kind of a crybaby at times.

I was reading a management self-help book last week before bed that said sometimes you need to shame employees in public to get their attention. I sure hope this works. I don't want to die without a Super Bowl ring.

That picture of yours makes it look like your passing a Payday candy bar.

I heard the same 'report' during the game, too. I thought it was amusing, but very inappropriate for the moment. They mentioned it when talking about VY's injury, and even Madden made the comment that being out with an injury had absolutely nothing to do with pouting or whatever.

The 'report' sounded like an agenda being served. I just doubt an OC like Chow would throw his boy under the bus, especially right before a playoff game.

I was reading a management self-help book last week before bed.....

Management self help??? Is that what you call that book???

DanteandBud.jpg

He's been a heck of a lot of fun since we drafted him and I've enjoyed watching all the uproar in my hometown as a result of that pick

Yes, I can easily understand why watching your #1 pick throw for twice as many interceptions as td's would be a lot of fun for your fans Bud.

Your sense of humor hasn't changed since we last saw you. By the way Bud...any closer to your death throes yet? As a city, we anxiously await news of your demise. :doot:

Yes, I can easily understand why watching your #1 pick throw for twice as many interceptions as td's would be a lot of fun for your fans Bud.

Your sense of humor hasn't changed since we last saw you. By the way Bud...any closer to your death throes yet? As a city, we anxiously await news of your demise. :doot:

It'll never happen. Every year I have my GM scout a couple of healthy undrafted free agents. We sign them, bring them to camp, and let them practice for a week or two.

Then when I'm ready we cut them and when they come in to turn in their playbook I have them killed and bathe in their blood for 48 hours. If I do this every year for 30 years straight I'll become immortal and be allowed to serve my dark master on this earth FOREVER!

Don't hold your breath, Adams will out live us all. He is the Mr. Burns of the NFL.

It'll never happen. Every year I have my GM scout a couple of healthy undrafted free agents. We sign them, bring them to camp, and let them practice for a week or two.

Then when I'm ready we cut them and when they come in to turn in their playbook I have them killed and bathe in their blood for 48 hours. If I do this every year for 30 years straight I'll become immortal and be allowed to serve my dark master on this earth FOREVER!

The Texans winning a superbowl will kill the beast .

yeah, he threw his fair share of picks, but last time I checked they made the playoffs coming out of the best division in football. you can spin that all you want but bottom line is their season isn't over.

hate all you want, that is scoreboard. scoreboard trumps all. stats are for agents and fantasy football. its all about who wins and who loses and some people just dont get it. give props where props are due.

I'll be wearing my VY jersey on Sunday like I was last night as I watched him prove the doubters wrong by making it to the post season......Go Vince!

yeah, he threw his fair share of picks, but last time I checked they made the playoffs coming out of the best division in football. you can spin that all you want but bottom line is their season isn't over.

hate all you want, that is scoreboard. scoreboard trumps all. stats are for agents and fantasy football. its all about who wins and who loses and some people just dont get it. give props where props are due.

Dude...you need to check yourself. Done? Good...now we can continue.

Stats are a way of measuring players against one another in a similar environment and conditions, and also a way of measuring personal progress from season to season. In this, vy fails miserably.

Now you can spin it whichever way lets you sleep well at night, but throwing for twice as many picks as td's is just, well...downright Carr-ish. In fact, if I recall correctly, you were on DC's ass for the very same thing!

Yes, they made the playoffs, but if you cannot see the good team as being the main catalyst for the end result, then this debate is over.

The Titans would have made the playoffs with Dilfer at QB . They made it because they ran the ball and play good defense .

The highest point total for the Titans was when Collins was QB . That was against the Texans .

Did you give props to Trent Dilfer and Rex Grossman?

yeah, their season is one week longer than ours.

Tenativly in the year 2834

And that'll still be decades ahead of the Titans winning a Super Bowl! :neener:

yeah, their season is one week longer than ours.

And that'll still be decades ahead of the Titans winning a Super Bowl! :neener:

it is one week longer as it sits and in the NFL Playoffs anything can and does happen, DB. As you well know.

as for the people hating on VY and saying that they won in spite of him or that he didnt do anything. Do you really believe the stuff coming out of your mouth?

I never said that VY was the catalyst or reason why they are in the playoffs , that is phooey. They made the playoffs as a team but VY contributed to that and any unbiased football fan would say as much. VY had some bad games. It happens...but once again, scoreboard. He did enough to help his team win enough football games to make the playoffs. notice the 3 critical terms there. Did Enough To Help. Team. Playoffs

maybe some people should look less at stats in the newspaper and more at the product on the field and team goals (namely W/L record)

That is all I am saying. props are due even from some of us Texans fans. Now when they go into the comode in San Diego, feel free to pile on VY but as it stands right now, the Titans had a successful season and did our division proud.

it is one week longer as it sits and in the NFL Playoffs anything can and does happen, DB. As you well know.

This is true, and congrats to them for even making it to the big dance. Obviously, I wish our season was at least a week longer, too.

But, we NFL fans know full well that some teams are better geared towards the playoffs than others. I do not give a marginal, barely-made-it-to-the-playoffs team the same chances as ones with division titles and bye weeks.

I'm sure you agree with this, too.

This is true, and congrats to them for even making it to the big dance. Obviously, I wish our season was at least a week longer, too.

But, we NFL fans know full well that some teams are better geared towards the playoffs than others. I do not give a marginal, barely-made-it-to-the-playoffs team the same chances as ones with division titles and bye weeks.

I'm sure you agree with this, too.

without a doubt, i agree. the chargers should be wiping the field with the Titans this weekend irregardless of who is taking snaps for the Titans. The Titans have the same chance as any NFL playoff road underdog...slim. With Rivers at QB, you gotta like your chance to get under his skin and create some turnovers and change field position. Then you do your part and protect the football and take advantage of your opportunities. Anything can happen and the coaching matchup isn't even fair. Fisher just totally pwns Norv in a landslide. The Chargers still have to deal with the ghosts of last year (and even early 2007 reg season) and prove that they belong...especially Rivers. I got this feeling he is going to choke.

...but the Titans are, in theory, still the Oilers so nothing would surprise me, win or lose...I would love another 'one yard short' loss for Bud to chew on to be honest.

According to articles in the statesman (Austin paper), Young just sits in the locker room and stares when he loses. Apparently he does this frequently. I think he's a bit of a sore loser.

According to articles in the statesman (Austin paper), Young just sits in the locker room and stares when he loses. Apparently he does this frequently. I think he's a bit of a sore loser.

I don't have a problem with being a sore loser if it shows that he GAD about winning. Is frequently as in six times. I don't know what the future holds for VY, but if high school and college is any indication, he will go over and above to do his part in doing what it takes to win. Until proven otherwise, I give him the benefit of the doubt as not being a happy camper when losing. Personally, I have had enough of quotes after you butt has been handed to you such as there's more important things in life than a football game.

It doesn't matter what VY's stats are really. We all know that the titans have a good defense and running game. The bottom line is that they are in the playoffs again and we are sitting outside at 8-8.

Somehow I always suspected this was the case. Your avatar is the most hideous thing I have ever seen.

But what I really want to know is: why did you pick the username "Bud Adams"? Was "Satan" already taken?

Somehow I always suspected this was the case. Your avatar is the most hideous thing I have ever seen.

But what I really want to know is: why did you pick the username "Bud Adams"? Was "Satan" already taken?

Using Satan would be a bad idea since he's a fellow owner. You know him as Al Davis but that's just his "DBA" when he dabbles in football.

It would also be a bad idea for personal reasons. He's got a 49% stake in my immortal soul from that 1999 Super Bowl run and tells me I can have a Super Bowl win before I die if I give him the option for an additional 2%.

I'm thinking about going ahead and doing it. What's the worst that can happen?

Back