Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-31-2007   #1
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default VY the pouter

Anyone hear Andrea Kramer's sideline report last night?

Apparently Norm Chow told her that Young has immaturity issues and tends to pout if the game does not go the way he likes. I'm not sure if this is a ploy by the Titans to get Young to turn his act around or if this is Chow's way of acting out against the organization for not taking the QB he wanted but it is pretty significant either way.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #2
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 606 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY the pouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Anyone hear Andrea Kramer's sideline report last night?

Apparently Norm Chow told her that Young has immaturity issues and tends to pout if the game does not go the way he likes. I'm not sure if this is a ploy by the Titans to get Young to turn his act around or if this is Chow's way of acting out against the organization for not taking the QB he wanted but it is pretty significant either way.
Link?
Old 12-31-2007   #3
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
Link?
There is no link, it was Andrea Kramer's sideline report last night on SNF.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

not a big fan of these sideline "reporters" talking about a player "pouting."
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes I also heard that same report.

She wasn't reporting on him pouting - she was reporting on his OC talking his pouting when things aren't dandelions and buttercups (which they weren't for him last night).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #6
Bud Adams
Rookie

We're just trying to get Vince's head right. He's been a heck of a lot of fun since we drafted him and I've enjoyed watching all the uproar in my hometown as a result of that pick (why else do you think we took him?) but he's kind of a crybaby at times.

I was reading a management self-help book last week before bed that said sometimes you need to shame employees in public to get their attention. I sure hope this works. I don't want to die without a Super Bowl ring.
Bud Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Adams View Post
We're just trying to get Vince's head right. He's been a heck of a lot of fun since we drafted him and I've enjoyed watching all the uproar in my hometown as a result of that pick (why else do you think we took him?) but he's kind of a crybaby at times.

I was reading a management self-help book last week before bed that said sometimes you need to shame employees in public to get their attention. I sure hope this works. I don't want to die without a Super Bowl ring.
That picture of yours makes it look like your passing a Payday candy bar.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2007   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard the same 'report' during the game, too. I thought it was amusing, but very inappropriate for the moment. They mentioned it when talking about VY's injury, and even Madden made the comment that being out with an injury had absolutely nothing to do with pouting or whatever.

The 'report' sounded like an agenda being served. I just doubt an OC like Chow would throw his boy under the bus, especially right before a playoff game.
Old 12-31-2007   #9
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was reading a management self-help book last week before bed.....
Management self help??? Is that what you call that book???

Old 12-31-2007   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's been a heck of a lot of fun since we drafted him and I've enjoyed watching all the uproar in my hometown as a result of that pick
Yes, I can easily understand why watching your #1 pick throw for twice as many interceptions as td's would be a lot of fun for your fans Bud.

Your sense of humor hasn't changed since we last saw you. By the way Bud...any closer to your death throes yet? As a city, we anxiously await news of your demise.
Old 12-31-2007   #11
Bud Adams
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Yes, I can easily understand why watching your #1 pick throw for twice as many interceptions as td's would be a lot of fun for your fans Bud.

Your sense of humor hasn't changed since we last saw you. By the way Bud...any closer to your death throes yet? As a city, we anxiously await news of your demise.

It'll never happen. Every year I have my GM scout a couple of healthy undrafted free agents. We sign them, bring them to camp, and let them practice for a week or two.

Then when I'm ready we cut them and when they come in to turn in their playbook I have them killed and bathe in their blood for 48 hours. If I do this every year for 30 years straight I'll become immortal and be allowed to serve my dark master on this earth FOREVER!
Bud Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Don't hold your breath, Adams will out live us all. He is the Mr. Burns of the NFL.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It'll never happen. Every year I have my GM scout a couple of healthy undrafted free agents. We sign them, bring them to camp, and let them practice for a week or two.

Then when I'm ready we cut them and when they come in to turn in their playbook I have them killed and bathe in their blood for 48 hours. If I do this every year for 30 years straight I'll become immortal and be allowed to serve my dark master on this earth FOREVER!
The Texans winning a superbowl will kill the beast .
Old 12-31-2007   #14
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The Texans winning a superbowl will kill the beast .
Amen!
Old 12-31-2007   #15
austintexanite
All Pro

That picture is freaking scary..looks like a pedophile.
Old 12-31-2007   #16
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:

yeah, he threw his fair share of picks, but last time I checked they made the playoffs coming out of the best division in football. you can spin that all you want but bottom line is their season isn't over.

hate all you want, that is scoreboard. scoreboard trumps all. stats are for agents and fantasy football. its all about who wins and who loses and some people just dont get it. give props where props are due.
Old 12-31-2007   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
...or if this is Chow's way of acting out against the organization...
I think it's Chow's way of deflecting criticism for a lackluster passing attack away from himself.
Old 12-31-2007   #18
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I'll be wearing my VY jersey on Sunday like I was last night as I watched him prove the doubters wrong by making it to the post season......Go Vince!
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #19
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
yeah, he threw his fair share of picks, but last time I checked they made the playoffs coming out of the best division in football. you can spin that all you want but bottom line is their season isn't over.

hate all you want, that is scoreboard. scoreboard trumps all. stats are for agents and fantasy football. its all about who wins and who loses and some people just dont get it. give props where props are due.
Dude...you need to check yourself. Done? Good...now we can continue.

Stats are a way of measuring players against one another in a similar environment and conditions, and also a way of measuring personal progress from season to season. In this, vy fails miserably.

Now you can spin it whichever way lets you sleep well at night, but throwing for twice as many picks as td's is just, well...downright Carr-ish. In fact, if I recall correctly, you were on DC's ass for the very same thing!

Yes, they made the playoffs, but if you cannot see the good team as being the main catalyst for the end result, then this debate is over.
Old 12-31-2007   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

The Titans would have made the playoffs with Dilfer at QB . They made it because they ran the ball and play good defense .

The highest point total for the Titans was when Collins was QB . That was against the Texans .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read