Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2007   #41
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How to Spot a Texan Bandwaggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
From the looks of the stands in yesterdays game we could use a few bandwaggoners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Or cheaper tickets.
What sucks is that yesterday was another "sell out"! The tickets are bought, but are completely WASTED by the purchasers, so instead of letting regular fans use them to FILL UP THE FREAKIN' STADIUM, whoever/whatever just lets them go to the trash and we end up with a 70% capacity home closer.

I wish ACTUAL ATTENDENCE numbers were released instead of the Texans FO bragging about continuous sellouts. But I think that's all they really care about, so obviously they celebrate the worthlessness of it all instead of promoting a PACKED STADIUM.

"Homefield advantage" my ass. What a bunch of moronic slogans.
Old 12-31-2007   #42
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
What sucks is that yesterday was another "sell out"! The tickets are bought, but are completely WASTED by the purchasers, so instead of letting regular fans use them to FILL UP THE FREAKIN' STADIUM, whoever/whatever just lets them go to the trash and we end up with a 70% capacity home closer.

I wish ACTUAL ATTENDENCE numbers were released instead of the Texans FO bragging about continuous sellouts. But I think that's all they really care about, so obviously they celebrate the worthlessness of it all instead of promoting a PACKED STADIUM.

The main problem is that stub hub and other ticket brokers get there slimy little hands on all these tickets and then inflate the price a 100%.

I have no problem sitting in the 635 section. Those are pretty decent seats. I think face value is a $65 ticket. A bit pricey IMO. Then stub hub buys them all and charges $120.00 a ticket and will sell you a parking pass for $50.00.

I am not paying that. Stub Hub can keep there damn ticket and the Texans will continue to have half empty stadiums until they do something about it.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #43
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder what the players felt like. You are battling to get to .500, but the stadium is only 70% full. Pathetic.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #44
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
The main problem is that stub hub and other ticket brokers get there slimy little hands on all these tickets and then inflate the price a 100%.

I have no problem sitting in the 635 section. Those are pretty decent seats. I think face value is a $65 ticket. A bit pricey IMO. Then stub hub buys them all and charges $120.00 a ticket and will sell you a parking pass for $50.00.

I am not paying that. Stub Hub can keep there damn ticket and the Texans will continue to have half empty stadiums until they do something about it.
yeah, that's part of the problem.

But I found 600 section seats for around $37/each on StubHub, which is just $2 per ticket more than face value. Of course they add on a handling fee, but I've found some decent deals.

Obviously, the opponent makes a big difference. I bought my mom and her bf two 500 tickets in our section for the Titans game, and those were $45 face value, but we paid around $120+ for each of them. That was hard to swallow, but it was for my mom's b-day, and since she'd never been to Reliant (swore she'd never go), I thought it was money well spent for a fun day for her.
Old 12-31-2007   #45
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Other anti-bandwagon credit for these:

Who got steamrolled by Shockey in that first preseason game? (yeah that was easy Kevin Williams 23).

Triple bonus points for naming the Texans player who sustained the severe neck injury in that game (Leomont Evans). I sent him a Get Well card and he actually sent me a hand written thank you note. I'll never for get that. I think it may have been his last (and first) time to play in an NFL game.

C'mon people, it's Billy Miller for both. That's like a core knowledge requirement for Texans Fan 101.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #46
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

Take comfort in the Titans going to the playoffs, the only way they will go any further will be because of Kerry Collins. After all they are only playoff bound because of Kerry Collins not VY! It was sad to see the annoucers last night trying to see the injury sustained, but they couldn't. It was the same phantom pain that appeared before he was to face the Texans in Reliant this year. He knew he couldn't repeat his hometown heroics so he pulled up lame before the game. He would have gotten owned by Mario like Reggie Bush did this year. And just last night - he knew he couldn't win against the 2nd string Colts - so he pulled the losers limp syndrome. Lucky for him Collins took the reigns.
Old 12-31-2007   #47
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

the only thing that would give me a bandwagoner point is the matt stevens stealing ricky williams shoe. I have no recollection of that whatsoever.
Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2007   #48
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513 View Post
the only thing that would give me a bandwagoner point is the matt stevens stealing ricky williams shoe. I have no recollection of that whatsoever.
I forgot about it until he said it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #49
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
NO! you forgot our 7-9 season!

i got em all except the first tds... wasnt sure whether it was miller or stonehands
ACK!!!!

Damn. :P
Old 01-01-2008   #50
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

19 - 10 is what sealed the deal for me for the rest of my life. Right then and there............I'm a Texan!
Old 01-01-2008   #51
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Is this different than any other of the stadiums?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #52
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
How to Spot a Texan Bandwaggoner
check the message boards.
Old 01-02-2008   #53
Studdard64
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Studdard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respected

I came up with the sweet score of ZERO!

Texan from the start.

Old 01-02-2008   #54
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studdard64 View Post
I came up with the sweet score of ZERO!

Texan from the start.

Greatest picture ever.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #55
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Here's an easy and simple way to find out if you are a true Texans fan. You'll know if you're a true fan by the way you feel from watching this.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80384b90
Old 01-03-2008   #56
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
Here's an easy and simple way to find out if you are a true Texans fan. You'll know if you're a true fan by the way you feel from watching this.
Nauseous. A good comeback for us, wishing for slippery grass below Rob's feet, and seeing the stadium empty prematurely - per the norm.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #57
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80384b90
Better yet, answer this question. Did you see it as it happened or in the highlights. I felt sick to my stomach and proud at the same time. When I watched as it happened.
Old 01-03-2008   #58
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Better yet, answer this question. Did you see it as it happened or in the highlights. I felt sick to my stomach and proud at the same time. When I watched as it happened.
I will put it this way... The bill of my cap was touching the netting as Bironas' game winning field goal went through...
Old 01-03-2008   #59
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Is this different than any other of the stadiums?
Are Houston football fans different than football fans in other cities?
Old 01-03-2008   #60
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
I don't see many folks jumping on the 'bandwagon' of a team that has never had a winning record in it's history.

If you're still with this team after 6 years of futility and a 32-64 record, then you're a fan.
They will. We will be the "dark horse" playoff pick at the beginning of next season...(pending a good offseason as expected). Then bandwaggoners will come!
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read