Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2007   #21
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How to Spot a Texan Bandwaggoner

I knew the answer to most questions though I wasn't sure about the first TD in pre-season. I thought it was Bradford.

The other thing was season records - took me a few seconds but I almost forgot the 2nd season 5 - 11.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #22
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Well, now that we're going to have an actual bandwaggon we need a guide on spotting a bandwaggoner...

If they do not know about David Carr - 25 points
If they do not know about Domanick Davis - 12 points
If they do not know about Sharper/Glenn - 11 points
If they do not know about Boselli - 7 points
If they do not know who scored the first TD - 6 points
If they do not know about '19-10' - 14 points
If they do not know about Capers - 10 points
If they do not know about Casserly - 8 points
If they do not know about Gaffney - 9 points
If they cannot hold an intelligent conversation about the Texans - 40 points
Can't name each season's record - 1 point per season.
If they're younger than 10 - take off 3 points.

Add them up and see what you get.
51+ points - definite bandwaggoner
36-50 points - most likely a bandwaggoner
16-35 points - followed the team at a distance
2-15 points - has a bad memory
0-1 point(s) - One of Us.
1. Crappy QB, owns NFL records for most sacks in a season, and most consecutive completions in a game. Er... Was given a ridiculous contract considering he was hardly proven in Kubiak's system. Only had 3 300 yd games... (I think). Those are the only ones I can remember. :P EDIT: He was 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards among QBs in 2004. Had 1,000 total after his tenure here.

2. Pepsi Rookie of the Year 2003. Played 4 seasons with us, 1 he was on IR the whole season. The other 3 he averaged 1,000 yards a season. He blew his knee out and was never the same again. Our only 1,000 yard rusher in team history.

3. Both were released. :P Aaron Glenn - one of the 2 Texans first named to the probowl in 2002. I believe they were released because they were aging and money problems? I don't know, was too young to notice transactions for reasons. :P Was like 13.

4. 1st pick in expansion draft. Never played a down for us. Wore 71, and for some reason, people still wear his jersey.

5. Billy Miller. 19 yard TD pass.

6. High expectations for him. Had helped Pathers get to the playoffs when they were an expansion team. He was a bust coach. Always had a dumbfounded look on his face, reguardless of what was happening on the field.

7. Terrible GM of the Texans 2002-2006. Made many idiotic picks and trades. Most noteworthy is the P.Buc trade. Had a good 2006 draft. But the previous 4 were terrible. Scapegoat of many of the Texans problems prior to the Kubiak era. And rightfully so.

8. 2nd round pick of the Texans in 2002. Was a bust in Houston and ultimately was happy to go play "for a real franchise".

9. You tell me.

10. 4-12, 5-11, 2-14, 6-10, 8-8.

11. Age: 17. Not eligible for point deduction.

Did I win?!

Last edited by AnthonyE; 12-31-2007 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Remembered Carr stat.
AnthonyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #23
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 11233 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can tell ya answers to a few, but there are some I can't get indepth with. I used to have season tickets, then I joined the Navy so I'm here stationed in guam (on a submarine). Its been a hard for the last couple years to follow the Texans and see games cause they don't get broadcast hardly where I'm at.

I'm with the Texans through thick and thin. BTW, everytime we gone out to sea, I wear my Texans Cap everyday underway
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #24
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I laugh as I read this thread because I think of one individual who knows the answer ......

ASK G'MA
LOL!! Got that right!! DEFINITELY Billy Miller who scored our first TD in preseason and reg season. Preseason at the HOF game, and the infamous TD against that team from Dallas. I knew the rest of the answers too!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #25
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 11 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP

Does a team that's just managed a .500 season actually attract 'Bandwaggoners'??? Aren't they all Cowboys or Patriots fans??

Besides, your scoring system is cruelly anti-British - statistics put us to sleep faster than a tranq dart to the arse, for a start!

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"

Last edited by nfl-brit; 12-31-2007 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Pants spelling!
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #26
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont I must be a bit of a statto then cos I dont mind them
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #27
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its virtually impossible to call any of our fans Bandwagoner's. At this point if you're a Texans fan at all, you're not a banwagoner. Just my opinion. I'm pretty sure the Devil Rays don't call any of their fans bandwagoners at this point.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2007   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Well, now that we're going to have an actual bandwaggon we need a guide on spotting a bandwaggoner...

If they do not know about David Carr - 25 points
If they do not know about Domanick Davis - 12 points
If they do not know about Sharper/Glenn - 11 points
If they do not know about Boselli - 7 points
If they do not know who scored the first TD - 6 points
If they do not know about '19-10' - 14 points
If they do not know about Capers - 10 points
If they do not know about Casserly - 8 points
If they do not know about Gaffney - 9 points
If they cannot hold an intelligent conversation about the Texans - 40 points
Can't name each season's record - 1 point per season.
If they're younger than 10 - take off 3 points.

Add them up and see what you get.
51+ points - definite bandwaggoner
36-50 points - most likely a bandwaggoner
16-35 points - followed the team at a distance
2-15 points - has a bad memory
0-1 point(s) - One of Us.
Who is this David Carr and Domanick Davis you speak of?!?! What is 19-10?!?
Old 12-31-2007   #29
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: How to Spot a Texan Bandwaggoner

Not to hate on us, but I don't think 8-8 creates a bandwagon
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #30
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: How to Spot a Texan Bandwaggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Who is this David Carr and Domanick Davis you speak of?!?! What is 19-10?!?
I think Domanick Davis had a TD yesterday.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #31
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
1. Crappy QB, owns NFL records for most sacks in a season, and most consecutive completions in a game. Er... Was given a ridiculous contract considering he was hardly proven in Kubiak's system. Only had 3 300 yd games... (I think). Those are the only ones I can remember. :P EDIT: He was 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards among QBs in 2004. Had 1,000 total after his tenure here.

2. Pepsi Rookie of the Year 2003. Played 4 seasons with us, 1 he was on IR the whole season. The other 3 he averaged 1,000 yards a season. He blew his knee out and was never the same again. Our only 1,000 yard rusher in team history.

3. Both were released. :P Aaron Glenn - one of the 2 Texans first named to the probowl in 2002. I believe they were released because they were aging and money problems? I don't know, was too young to notice transactions for reasons. :P Was like 13.

4. 1st pick in expansion draft. Never played a down for us. Wore 71, and for some reason, people still wear his jersey.

5. Billy Miller. 19 yard TD pass.

6. High expectations for him. Had helped Pathers get to the playoffs when they were an expansion team. He was a bust coach. Always had a dumbfounded look on his face, reguardless of what was happening on the field.

7. Terrible GM of the Texans 2002-2006. Made many idiotic picks and trades. Most noteworthy is the P.Buc trade. Had a good 2006 draft. But the previous 4 were terrible. Scapegoat of many of the Texans problems prior to the Kubiak era. And rightfully so.

8. 2nd round pick of the Texans in 2002. Was a bust in Houston and ultimately was happy to go play "for a real franchise".

9. You tell me.

10. 4-12, 5-11, 2-14, 6-10, 8-8.

11. Age: 17. Not eligible for point deduction.

Did I win?!

NO! you forgot our 7-9 season!

i got em all except the first tds... wasnt sure whether it was miller or stonehands
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #32
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375231 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl-brit View Post
Does a team that's just managed a .500 season actually attract 'Bandwaggoners'??? Aren't they all Cowboys or Patriots fans??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Its virtually impossible to call any of our fans Bandwagoner's. At this point if you're a Texans fan at all, you're not a banwagoner. Just my opinion. I'm pretty sure the Devil Rays don't call any of their fans bandwagoners at this point.
I don't see many folks jumping on the 'bandwagon' of a team that has never had a winning record in it's history.

If you're still with this team after 6 years of futility and a 32-64 record, then you're a fan.
Old 12-31-2007   #33
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the test for Carr is that you never had hopes, were crushed and now hate him just a little.

Everyone knows Carr, he is now a national punchline.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
If you're still with this team after 6 years of futility and a 32-64 record, then you're a fan.
-or- a glutton for punishment
Old 12-31-2007   #35
Xetuoh1836
Rookie

Rep Power: 10 Xetuoh1836 is a Pro BowlerXetuoh1836 is a Pro Bowler

corytx8, 1st thanks for your service to me and our country and God speed on your way home to your family and friends! Give a "shout out" from your Texans to your crewmates and wishing you and them a Happy New Year!
I live in Nashville (born and raised in Houston) and here in the "land of the Phillistine's", I get more abuse for my Texans Pride! I went to the game against the flaming meatballs at LP Field and absorbed their abuse but, call me a homer/loser/dreamer, I'm a Texan! I compare Bud Adams with Al Quieda and the local inbred hillbilly's seem offended!? Don't know why? Geeze, almost got in a confrontation at a store last night, when a "meatball" fan yucked it up about them making the playoff's and I told him I pray they lose!

Can I answer the qustions on this quiz? No, not all. Does it make me a "bandwagon fan"? If, the definition rely's on this, call me a bandwaggoner! But, in enemy territory, I fly my Texan flag!

God Bless son! Hurry home...
Xetuoh1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #36
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 1332 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

From the looks of the stands in yesterdays game we could use a few bandwaggoners.
Old 12-31-2007   #37
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Were not mad it is like in the Movie Carrie being named prom queen, when you get bitched slapped and cry about it it will be really funny to the rest of the division.

19-10 is the score of the very first Texans game against a certain other team in Texas which we beat.
Ah...
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #38
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
From the looks of the stands in yesterdays game we could use a few bandwaggoners.
Or cheaper tickets.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #39
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
I can't remember who scored the first touchdown and can't tell you each season's record off the top of my head. BTW Aaron Glenn NO LONGER EXIST!!! As soon as he put a star on his helmet he became dead to me. He simply ceased to exist.
He made some tackles for JAX against us yesterday, so he (or his ghost) is still around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
LOL!! Got that right!! DEFINITELY Billy Miller who scored our first TD in preseason and reg season. Preseason at the HOF game, and the infamous TD against that team from Dallas. I knew the rest of the answers too!
Yep, these things are easier to remember when you're at both games! It's a shame the regular season one was in the opposite endzone from us, but oh well. I'll never forget all the Canton "locals" sitting next to me in the endzone looking at Preston's getup and going...who is the dude with the horns?
Old 12-31-2007   #40
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Both would work, but they said the stadium was sold out. Just not everyone showed up.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read