Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2007   #1
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default How to Spot a Texan Bandwaggoner

Well, now that we're going to have an actual bandwaggon we need a guide on spotting a bandwaggoner...

If they do not know about David Carr - 25 points
If they do not know about Domanick Davis - 12 points
If they do not know about Sharper/Glenn - 11 points
If they do not know about Boselli - 7 points
If they do not know who scored the first TD - 6 points
If they do not know about '19-10' - 14 points
If they do not know about Capers - 10 points
If they do not know about Casserly - 8 points
If they do not know about Gaffney - 9 points
If they cannot hold an intelligent conversation about the Texans - 40 points
Can't name each season's record - 1 point per season.
If they're younger than 10 - take off 3 points.

Add them up and see what you get.
51+ points - definite bandwaggoner
36-50 points - most likely a bandwaggoner
16-35 points - followed the team at a distance
2-15 points - has a bad memory
0-1 point(s) - One of Us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.

Last edited by brakos82; 12-30-2007 at 11:03 PM.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How to Spot a Texan Bandwaggoner

It’s all in your head. I’m a fan, er…bandwagoner, and I barely hold an intelligent conversation about anything. Especially this late on Sunday evening.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 57403 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Well, now that we're going to have an actual bandwaggon we need a guide on spotting a bandwaggoner...

you forgot a couple:

Who scored the first TD in the preseason
Who scored the first TD in the regular season
If you don't remember Matt Stevens stealing Ricky Williams shoe.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
you forgot a couple:

You just had to being up the shoe -stelaing agina huh?

Crap ,there goes my spelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you forgot a couple:

Bradford?
Miller?
My God, that seems like soooo long ago.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 57403 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Bradford?
Miller?
My God, that seems like soooo long ago.
I remember it being Miller both times.

But that was a while ago so I could be wrong.

Old 12-30-2007   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
I remember it being Miller both times.

But that was a while ago so I could be wrong.
Rule #1 of accusations and standard setting - Don't ask questions you don't already know the answer to....

Just general advice that can be applied in a variety of ways...

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2007   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin229 View Post
Rule #1 of accusations and standard setting - Don't ask questions you don't already know the answer to....

So can you answer that question?

Old 12-30-2007   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:

Pretty sure it was Miller. This is the closest I could find but I doubt Sherrod Gideon was playing with the first team.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/texansteamhistory.asp

Old 12-31-2007   #10
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

miller on both
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #11
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pretty sure it was Miller. This is the closest I could find but I doubt Sherrod Gideon was playing with the first team.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/texansteamhistory.asp
I didn't really intend to challenge it or call you out, just thought it was funny that someone would bring up a question for spotting a bandwagoner and then admit to being unsure of the answer...

Think of the Monty Python bridge keeper and "African or European?" aka don't be an unsure bridge keeper or you might be launched into the abyss yourself.

I thought it was sound advice, not to mention a pretty cool metaphor.

Old 12-31-2007   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
I didn't really intend to challenge it or call you out, just thought it was funny that someone would bring up a question for spotting a bandwagoner and then admit to being unsure of the answer...

Think of the Monty Python bridge keeper and "African or European?" aka don't be an unsure bridge keeper or you might be launched into the abyss yourself.

I thought it was sound advice, not to mention a pretty cool metaphor.
Oh I see.

I'm a little cranky b/c the Titans are in the playoffs.

Old 12-31-2007   #13
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh I see.

I'm a little cranky b/c the Titans are in the playoffs.
I feel your pain...Right now I'm trying to delude myself into thinking the Titans don't actually exist and therefore illogical for them to be playoff-bound.

It's not working...keep getting flashes of this every time I close my eyes, accompanied by a sinister cackle that only the damned could possibly take solace in.

Old 12-31-2007   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't remember who scored the first touchdown and can't tell you each season's record off the top of my head. BTW Aaron Glenn NO LONGER EXIST!!! As soon as he put a star on his helmet he became dead to me. He simply ceased to exist.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #15
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 121 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We need to modify a few of these.

If they still claim David Carr is a good quarterback.
If they still say we give up more sacks than any other team.
If they listen to Casserly for his draft insights.
If they think we didn't give Benny Joppru enough chances.
If they like the Texans... even if we didn't draft VY.
If the logo is the only reason they like the team.

Yeah.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #16
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If they do not know who scored the first TD - 6 points
If they're younger than 10 - take off 3 points.

I think your grading system is flawed...
If you don't know about 19-10, you're either a bandwaggoner, or you should be in a church somewhere thanking God for bringing you out of the coma you've been in for the better part of the decade...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #17
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I think your grading system is flawed...
If you don't know about 19-10, you're either a bandwaggoner, or you should be in a church somewhere thanking God for bringing you out of the coma you've been in for the better part of the decade...
And for putting you through the coma during 2-14 (and related atrocities).

I'd also like to add, anyone that subscribes to:
Quote:
If they still claim David Carr is a good quarterback.
In the above case, we can be much more specific. Just call out Hulk75 and see if his ears perk up a little.

Old 12-31-2007   #18
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Whats the 19-10 about?

And don't be mad we made the playoffs.... your time will come shortly.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I laugh as I read this thread because I think of one individual who knows the answer ......

ASK G'MA
Old 12-31-2007   #20
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Whats the 19-10 about?

And don't be mad we made the playoffs.... your time will come shortly.
Were not mad it is like in the Movie Carrie being named prom queen, when you get bitched slapped and cry about it it will be really funny to the rest of the division.

19-10 is the score of the very first Texans game against a certain other team in Texas which we beat.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read