Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2007   #1
SuperTexan
Rookie

Default Z-Report has Texans Season Report Card (Mario A-)

I think he gave the Qbs a grade that is too high and I'm not sure I agree with his assessment of Ephraim Salaam either. Other than that, I agree with most of his grades.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootba....html#comments
SuperTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Z-Report has Texans Season Report Card (Mario A-)

he left off coaching - A-. as a group they did the best job of the lot. I feel very confident going forward, given the injurys experienced, some for the entire season, they kept focused & managed to reach 8-8. hopefully the loss of Sherman will not negatively impact the process of improving all facets of the team & their search for his replacement comes from within.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #3
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

c+? dunta had an issue with 1 pass.. what is he on about?

winston doesnt deserve an A, anderson doesnt deserve a B
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #4
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Overall, I agree with Lance's assessment. There's a few thing's I'd change but not too much.

I'd also give an A to the GM Richard Smith who has done a bang up job filling in our injuries this season with some street free agents. Good job!
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #5
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I'd also give an A to the GM Richard Smith who has done a bang up job filling in our injuries this season with some street free agents. Good job!
That's 2 years in a row where Rick Smith did a good job at GM. Its amazing what he has been able to do to sustain an injury plagued team. We were injury plagued last year too...and still ended up with a semi-respectable 6-10 record (probably would have been better if we did not have Carr last year).
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #6
SuperTexan
Rookie

I don't know about 2 years in a row. He wasn't on board for the draft two years ago.
Old 12-30-2007   #7
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTexan View Post
I don't know about 2 years in a row. He wasn't on board for the draft two years ago.
Your correct about not being there for the 2006 draft, but Charlie quit right after the draft and Smith got us through the 2006 season which also had a bunch of injuries with street agents like Vonta Leech and Anthony Maddox.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2007   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

please use Rick & not Richard when commenting on our young, stud GM, not to be confused with the other Smith (DC)
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Iíll issue a grade after Iíve seen the current regime another year or two. For now, they seem to be doing OK. Letís see what happens this off season into next year.

Was that a cop out or what? LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Iíll issue a grade after Iíve seen the current regime another year or two. For now, they seem to be doing OK. Letís see what happens this off season into next year.

Was that a cop out or what? LOL
You want some syrup with those waffles?

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

^

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #12
SuperTexan
Rookie

I think it is too early to really give Rick Smith a strong grade just yet, but he sure seems like a huge upgrade over the numskull there before him.
Old 12-31-2007   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
c+? dunta had an issue with 1 pass.. what is he on about?

winston doesnt deserve an A, anderson doesnt deserve a B
My thinking is opposite of yours I guess. I don't think Daunta, when healthy, is anything more than a C+ CB, especially when you look at passes that are caught against him compared to break ups. I don't expect that to improve at all next year if he is able to come back healthy (I hope he is able to though).

Winston was our best O-linemen. He should be given a chance at LT, but he is clearly a starter. It took him a year, but he is going to be a main stay for us. He was a top rated OT from a premier college, and while that doesn't always mean success, it gives him a better chance.

Anderson probably doesn't deserve a straight up B, probably more of a C+.
Old 12-31-2007   #14
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
My thinking is opposite of yours I guess. I don't think Daunta, when healthy, is anything more than a C+ CB, especially when you look at passes that are caught against him compared to break ups. I don't expect that to improve at all next year if he is able to come back healthy (I hope he is able to though).

Winston was our best O-linemen. He should be given a chance at LT, but he is clearly a starter. It took him a year, but he is going to be a main stay for us. He was a top rated OT from a premier college, and while that doesn't always mean success, it gives him a better chance.

Anderson probably doesn't deserve a straight up B, probably more of a C+.

like when? i cant remember hardly any big passes (or little ones) v dunta bar that roydell williams one.. ive had issues with some of dunta's play last season etc but not this one

and winston flat out sucked some games (cleveland comes to mind, 2nd ten game aswell).. hes a decent rt- thats it imo
Old 01-02-2008   #15
SuperTexan
Rookie

Eric Winston had a terrific season. When the Texans ran it well it was usually to his side and he gave up very few sacks or even pressure this year. What games were you watching?
Old 01-03-2008   #16
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

like i said: cleveland especially and one of the ten games come to mind

yes he played pretty well but lets not fool ourselves into thinking he was dominant or anything
Old 01-03-2008   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Anyone that thinks Dunta didn't deserve at least a B this season wasn't watching the bulk of his play very well. The guy was flat out one of the best corners in the league outside of the "shut down" category, of which there might be only a few. And even they get burned.
Old 01-03-2008   #18
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Anyone that thinks Dunta didn't deserve at least a B this season wasn't watching the bulk of his play very well. The guy was flat out one of the best corners in the league outside of the "shut down" category, of which there might be only a few. And even they get burned.
Atleast a B, and actually if I was handing out grades I'd give him a A- like
LZ did Mario & Eric W.
The only thing I could figure was that LZ was, unfairly I think, trying to discount D-Robs grade for his seasons premature ending ? In other words
his total contribution to the team was less than others who played the whole year ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Just look at our defensive performance before and after Dunta's injury.

In the first 8 games, we gave up 209 passing yards per game. In the last 8 games, we gave up 250 passing yards per game.

(someone might want to doublecheck my math on that.)
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #20
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Atleast a B, and actually if I was handing out grades I'd give him a A- like
LZ did Mario & Eric W.
The only thing I could figure was that LZ was, unfairly I think, trying to discount D-Robs grade for his seasons premature ending ? In other words
his total contribution to the team was less than others who played the whole year ?
if Dunta breaks up that pass against the Titans, we are in the playoffs. Maybe that was why he got a poor grade. Dunta was imho playing inspired ball before the injury but he did lose a game for us against the Titans and that loss kept us out of the playoffs. I would have given him a B with his main detractions being him burned against the Titans and him not finishing the year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read