Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-30-2007   #1
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Overall thrown out of Bull Pen

Yep I got thrown out of the Bull Pen today. First some guy at the gate had to check with his supervisor over my hat then some Part time employee found it necessary to escourt me out of the Bull Pen for standing. Yep I got thrown out of my seat for exercising my Bull Pen right and standing. I hate those ticket broker seats behind mine. I try to be a good fan and stand for the whole game in the Bull Pen and some yellow jacket that doesn't know the Bull Pen rules tells me to sit down or I will be thrown out of the stadium. Now mind you half the bull Pen stands for the whole game but some little dweeb behind me wanted to pretend he was at home on his couch. So from about half way through the 2nd quarter till the end of the game I stood up top at the rail.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #2
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Overall thrown out of Bull Pen

sorry to hear that Overalls.

Did you say anything to the guy in the seat behind you?
Old 12-30-2007   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Before the game I was standing at the rail above 116 just hanging out and I was asked a question from a Reliant Stadium 'employee' that kind of took me by surprise. He asked me if the Texans were in the red jerseys. I kind of did a double take and then realized the guy was serious. That's what you're dealing with in terms of stadium help.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #4
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
sorry to hear that Overalls.

Did you say anything to the guy in the seat behind you?
I was pretty mad but the guy in the yellow jacket took the brunt of my verbage.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #5
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats pretty sad to hear, always seems to be teams hardcore fans that get it in the ear, when they are the ones that the team should be grateful too.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #6
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not in the Bull Pen, but I feel your pain.

Maybe a letter penned on here, and signed by season ticket holders that visit here would change someones mind?

I know I would digitally sign it.

Old 12-30-2007   #7
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Obnoxious behavior will not be tolerated anywhere in Reliant Stadium. However, fans within the Bull Pen are encouraged to stand throughout the game, sing, cheer and otherwise support the team in an enthusiastic manner and therefore this section may not be a good fit for children or families.
Not sure what I'd do but I think I'd do more then chew out the yellow jacket.

Houston Texans Bull Pen
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2007   #8
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Pfft, name and number of said yellow jacket. Send a letter to the Texans stating the situation, maybe you can work a sieat in McNair's area for a game?

Other BPr's shoulda made the golf clappers, Todd and Margaret, remaining game experience interesting for your enforced seat relocation.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #9
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Not sure what I'd do but I think I'd do more then chew out the yellow jacket.

Houston Texans Bull Pen
Hagar's quote is directly from the Texan's website, just in case soneone did not realize. Overalls needs to call and complain to the Texan's front office.

Sorry to hear this happened to you, Overalls. I hope it didn't dampen your enjoyment of the game too much.
Old 12-30-2007   #10
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2837 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Overalls needs to call and complain to the Texan's front office.

Sorry to hear this happened to you, Overalls. I hope it didn't dampen your enjoyment of the game too much.
Oh, I somehow think they will hear of it loud and clear....

It just seems weird that after 6 seasons and many suggestions, we still can't seem to get this problem solved.

I have never seen Tim that mad.
Old 12-30-2007   #11
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate you had to endure the rath of the all mighty. I don't understand their attitude. If I recall correctly the selling point for the Bull Pen was to be a place for the most spirited of fans. At the time I was making my selection I mentally compared the Browns Dog Pound or Black Hole, and thought then that was a great idea and sounded like a fun place to be. My reasons for not choosing the Bull Pen was age and thinking what's fun for the next few years could be a bit much around year 20.

I know from experience that some of the staff can be rather harsh, especially directing traffic in the Blue Lot. Too many times I was in the far left lane, the attendant would rudely demand I turn right which usually led to the row next to the 610 access road. Finally, for my peace of mind and not being able to enjoy the first part of the game because of being PO about what happened in the parking lot, I traded off my blue for yellow and have been a happy camper ever since.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #12
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3018 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't waste your time with the front staff. Send your complaint to Jamie Rootes directly...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Yep I got thrown out of the Bull Pen today. First some guy at the gate had to check with his supervisor over my hat then some Part time employee found it necessary to escourt me out of the Bull Pen for standing. Yep I got thrown out of my seat for exercising my Bull Pen right and standing. I hate those ticket broker seats behind mine. I try to be a good fan and stand for the whole game in the Bull Pen and some yellow jacket that doesn't know the Bull Pen rules tells me to sit down or I will be thrown out of the stadium. Now mind you half the bull Pen stands for the whole game but some little dweeb behind me wanted to pretend he was at home on his couch. So from about half way through the 2nd quarter till the end of the game I stood up top at the rail.

I was not at the game, in fact I was 180 miles away but I am sure I will here it all the way to Austin.

GIVE THEM HELL and THEN SOME!
Old 12-31-2007   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Overalls, a something tells me that the FO will hear about this in a BIG way!
Old 12-31-2007   #15
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Overalls, a something tells me that the FO will hear about this in a BIG way!
As they should!! I hold a grudge, and I'm still mad as hell the yellow shirt made me move so Titan fans could go stand by the rail, and this was LAST year!! The FO needs to EDUCATE (if that's possible) the ushers who monitor the Bullpen. Of course, they could do what we have been trying to get them to do for six years now, and that is get corp owned seats OUT of there. Not gonna happen though! About 1/3 of the Bullpen is made up of diehard TEXAN fans, the rest are seat dwellers, those who come to the game to SIT, EAT, and make out with their s/o. I was standing by the rail Sunday, due to the heat, and I actually saw a guy run his hand down the back of his girlfriends pants. Don't bother to comment guys it was sickening. Save it for the backseat or the hummer room, I don't care. BUT, if your STANDING in the Bullpen, use those hands to clap and make noise, not fondle your honey!!

My suggestion is to start NOW, and continue to blast the FO with complaints throughout the off season. Next summer they will start hiring again, and a fresh batch of cowboy/titan fans, who can't find work elsewhere, will be roaming the stadium and lots. KEEP reminding the FO that this problem needs to be fixed!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #16
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Wow, that's ridiculous. Send a email asap, make it attention to John Schreiver/VP ticket operations.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #17
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I too am surprised, especailly as tall as you are and the fact you are always there and have been for 6 seasons. I used to have Bullpen seats and only once in awhile did they ask me and those were visitors.
Maybe they should hang signs at the entrance of the section, then also add a disclaimer on the ticket stub so all will know the rules beforehand. Its either that or do not have any yellow coat work those aisles w/o knowing about the standing rule.
So now the burning question, " Was it a jags fan behind you?"
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #18
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I was standing by the rail Sunday, due to the heat,
It was still hot in sunny side yesterday?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #19
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm definitely not surprised. I don't know who to root for though? Our resident who posts more trolling on other sites or for the yellow jackets? Heh!

I worked several UT games this season with a temporary agency ushering. How could I pass up getting paid to watch the football game!?!? Ugh. I won't do it again next season. I'm too much of a fan so they actively try to get people who AREN'T football fans to usher these games so they can do a more stringent job. In my section? I was running in between everything trying to high five the whole section everytime we got a touchdown. *you Austin folk know how loud I can be*

They bussed people in from Houston and San Antonio to usher. This may be one thing that the Texans are doing which shows how the ushers don't know who is who. A lot of their employees were people that... *ahem*... I wouldn't be caught seen hanging around. I'm sure a lot are good people but there were a ton of undesirables working.... why do I say this? Power trip. These undesirables are now in charge and they levy that upon you fans.

That's the best I can think of as to why Overalls got the boot.

Is this the way the Texans get their employees? A temporary agency? I will put money on it. I know I've searched the Chronicle and other publications in past years looking for a brain dead job (ushering) that I can just work for on Sundays and just have fun at the games! I now think that the reason why I couldn't find one is because they go to the temp agencies for this.

Sorry Overalls. Just rise up a stink and I'm sure the Texans will go the extra mile and help you out. I know they've done the same for me.
Old 12-31-2007   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post

Yo, Overalls. Would you mind if I wrote about this for the blog?

Personally, I think the policy should be everywhere in the stadium that if you come to a game, you can stand up. That if you want to sit, you should stay the * home.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read