Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2007   #21
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 8-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
It worked, next year try nineteenandzero.

How much of the lost turnovers improvement can be contributed to getting rid of one player? Still they have way too many turnovers, but you are correct they did improve. I just think most of that was due to having different quarterback at the helm.
No we had way too many turnovers this year , I hope WE improve next year . Can I say 100% that this will happen,No but I feel this issue will be addressed by the whole team.
Old 12-30-2007   #22
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am very excited about it.

I don't understand how some of you can say it hardly means anything.

Kubiak/Smith have only had 2 seasons to rebuild basically from the ground up of a new franchise. And to do it with leading the league in IR'd players and turnovers, overcoming all of that in the toughest division in football. Plus we improved our record from last year on top of that by 2 wins.

Sorry, I don't get how fans would feel this way, this is a huge accomplishment showing that we are headed in the right direction with the playoffs reasonably in reach next year.

Old 12-30-2007   #23
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #24
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post

Kubiak/Smith have only had 2 seasons to rebuild basically from the ground up of a new franchise. And to do it with leading the league in IR'd players and turnovers, overcoming all of that in the toughest division in football. Plus we improved our record from last year on top of that by 2 wins.

Sorry, I don't get how fans would feel this way, this is a huge accomplishment showing that we are headed in the right direction with the playoffs reasonably in reach next year.

Preach it brother.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #25
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I hear what your saying and expected to be giddy about 8-8, but the facts tell me that we were last in our division, its a long way to go.

I am confident we have the people in place off the field to get us there though.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #26
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

8-8, way to go
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #27
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

The players and coaches deserve every bit of credit they can get. It wasn't easy getting to 8-8, but the Texans did it, and in the toughest division in the NFL and with the most injured players. Congrats to the win, guys.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2007   #28
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

i predicted the record, woot!
Old 12-30-2007   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Congrats
Thanks! I believe we earned it!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #30
SheTitan
Rookie

Rep Power: 942 SheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats on the 8-8 record
SheTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #31
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Gratz on the 8-8, just think you'd might be in a playoff hunt if this was the NFC

I'm glad you guys made it to .500 makes our division looks beastly to the rest of the world. You've made the AFC South proud
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #32
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude. We were 2-14 just two seasons ago. Getting to .500 is HUGE.

There is still a lot of work to do but the future is very bright.
Old 12-30-2007   #33
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I'm relieved if nothing else, with a little feeling of giddyness. After watching the past 5 years of pain, to achieve something we were close to hitting in the '04 season - it's nice to have that "box checked off" in achievements.

no, not happy with the mediocrity - as the ultimate goal still is to win the biggun' - but dang, at least it's a step in the right direction and you can see a future which is more than could be said before. Now, just to build on it for '08.

GO TEXANS!
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #34
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

6-2 at home and
2-6 on the road.

I guess the upside of this is the tickets holders got to watch more wins than not. Turnovers and playing well on the road are two areas to think about during the offseason. I had a great time rooting for the Texans this season and chatting with you guys on the board. I think I'll drink a toast tomorrow night to continued improvement.
Old 12-30-2007   #35
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I echo your thoughts HardCore. Congrats to the team and coaches and FO.

We should compete for playoffs next year.

What do we need to seriously believe we can uproot the Colts and Pats?
1- A better offensive line.
2- Better OLB.
3- Better SS & FS.
4- A real starting QB.
5- More consistency in the running game.
6- More impact play from the defensive line.

If all the other pieces are in place, we can win with Matt/Sage.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #36
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Although I predicted 9-7, considering all the injuries and how down we all felt in the middle of the season, 8-8 feels good. It's an odd feeling not being a losing team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read