Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2007   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 8-8

Just thought I would say it feels weird getting to 8-8.

I thought it would be exciting or a relief but the feeling I have is hunger.

Not being losers isn't good enough, we need to win, a lot.

Too bad we have to wait till next year to do it.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 284477 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 8-8

Screw it. We are no longer a losing team. I love it.

Next year we'll worry about when we get there.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

8-8... better than Caserly will ever do

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

with all the injuries, I do love that we were able to make .500
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #5
mimartin
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Screw it. We are no longer a losing team. I love it.

Next year we'll worry about when we get there.
Yet, the Texans are not a winning team either. Nothing I see to get excited over. I thought they would be a lot further along by now.

It at least Kubiak seems to have them pointed in the right direction. They just need depth to survive when the injury bug bites and they need to draft something other than another defensive lineman.

Last edited by mimartin; 12-30-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: grammer
mimartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #6
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our first non-losing season!

I'd feel better if our D didn't stink it up against Quinn Gray, but the future still looks bright for this team.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #7
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

My password login has been "eightandeight" since before the season started. Feels good to finally achieve a .500 season, now I can change my password.

8-8 in the toughest division in football, with more injuries than any other NFL team. Good job Texans.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2007   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
My password login has been "eightandeight" since before the season started. Feels good to finally achieve a .500 season, now I can change my password.

8-8 in the toughest division in football, with more injuries than any other NFL team. Good job Texans.
I think you'll have to.

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 12-30-2007   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 284477 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
They just need depth to survive when the injury bug bites and they need to draft something other than another defensive lineman.
The offseason shall prove interesting.

Old 12-30-2007   #10
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yet, the Texans are not a winning team either. Nothing I see to get excited over. I thought they would be a lot further along by now.

It at least Kubiak seems to have them pointed in the right direction. They just need depth to survive when the injury bug bites and they need to draft something other than another defensive lineman.
There are a couple of things that have me excited about next season.
1. Reduce turnovers,next year the Texans have to hang onto the ball better.
2. This year due to injuries we had to allow backups get playing time which should help our depth for next season.
If the Texans improve those 2 areas I see a winning season in 08!
Old 12-30-2007   #11
mimartin
Rookie

Quote:
It worked, next year try nineteenandzero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
1. Reduce turnovers,next year the Texans have to hang onto the ball better.
How much of the lost turnovers improvement can be contributed to getting rid of one player? Still they have way too many turnovers, but you are correct they did improve. I just think most of that was due to having different quarterback at the helm.

Last edited by mimartin; 12-30-2007 at 03:12 PM.
mimartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
My password login has been "eightandeight" since before the season started.
And your bank account is? .......

Old 12-30-2007   #13
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take 8-8 it's improvement...let's improve in 2008! Good job Texans
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #14
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

I'm not excited about it, this is the worst record I thought we would have at the beginning of the year. To me getting excited about mediocraty is pretty pathetic. 10 wins now thats exciting, 8-8 is about my feelings ,not a loser but not a winner, not excited not angry.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
And your bank account is? .......

Doubt that would help

Quote:
Old 12-30-2007   #16
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
It worked, next year try nineteenandzero.
hmmm....
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #17
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
I'll take 8-8 it's improvement...let's improve in 2008! Good job Texans
That's how I feel...its a improvement...I feel all a HC can do is improve every year and if you're doing that its only a matter of time...

Now...lets get some good FAs and have another good draft...In Rick We Trust.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't feel excited or upset that we're at 8-8. Had we managed to keep Schaub and Johnson healthy for the entire season I would have liked to see how good we could have been. I guess I'm just happy we took another step forward, even though I think we had the potential to do better

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #19
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

I love it, Improving all the time. Its another step in the right direction.

Go Texans!
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #20
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

It feels good. God bless Sage Rosenfels.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read