Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2007   #341
ActualTexan
upright biped

Default Re: Jaguars vs Texans: Going for 8-8 Gameday Thread!

Woo Hoo.....2007 was not a losing season....8/8....FINALLY!....
ActualTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #342
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
I'm going to knit pick 28 points given up to second stringers. Thank you Andre Davis for the win today.
yes

I love the win, but hate our defense.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #343
ActualTexan
upright biped

Now if we could just have back a couple of those stoopid losses we had earlier this year....we payed for those today. We would have gone into the wildcard chase.
ActualTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #344
fikster
All Pro

Rep Power: 101 fikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
yes

I love the win, but hate our defense.
yes, we must improve our secondary,CC Brown and Wil Demps and get a quality nickel back. our front seven should be good.
fikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #345
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActualTexan View Post
Now if we could just have back a couple of those stoopid losses we had earlier this year....we payed for those today. We would have gone into the wildcard chase.
that would be awesome, but we aren't even close to the next level(i.e. playoffs) in terms of playing
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #346
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActualTexan View Post

Life in our division is tuff. It's true, we should have gone 9-7 instead of 8-8, but what the hell. At least the Texans are no longer losers.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #347
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Has there ever been a division in the history of the NFL where no team (in the division) had a losing record? This could be history folks.
Our division this year is the winningest division in the history of the NFL. Of course, this is BEFORE this game. The 1975 NFC (north?) has the second winningest division. They showed and talked about this during the game on CBS. This years' NFC (East?) is also ranked #5 all time.

I'll take it to mean whatever it means which is... We're the toughest dvision in the history of the NFL. Heh!
Old 12-30-2007   #348
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Has there ever been a division in the history of the NFL where no team (in the division) had a losing record? This could be history folks.
I think if Philly wins (which they most likely will), the NFC E will do it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #349
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

We can't outscore the Vickless Falcons...

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 12-30-2007   #350
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
that would be awesome, but we aren't even close to the next level(i.e. playoffs) in terms of playing
Well I think the team is better than what we see on the field. Think about that Titan loss...Dunta makes a better stop and that's a win. Dunta doesn't get hurt who knows what happens from there on...if Andre doesn't misses 7 games who knows. We've lost a lot of close games that could have gone our way if we had one extra big play. 8-8 is pretty good considering everything IMO.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #351
MadBurgerMaker
Rookie

Rep Power: 15 MadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
The NFC East has done it this year as well.
MadBurgerMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #352
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Well I think the team is better than what we see on the field. Think about that Titan loss...Dunta makes a better stop and that's a win. Dunta doesn't get hurt who knows what happens from there on...if Andre doesn't misses 7 games who knows. We've lost a lot of close games that could have gone our way if we had one extra big play. 8-8 is pretty good considering everything IMO.
True, but that's life in the NFL. Depending on what we do in the offseason, we have the ability to hit the 10-6 mark next year.

Old 12-30-2007   #353
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBurgerMaker View Post
The NFC East has done it this year as well.
It's not over yet. 10 more seconds. We were the first.

Quote:
Old 12-30-2007   #354
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
True, but that's life in the NFL. Depending on what we do in the offseason, we have the ability to hit the 10-6 mark next year.
Yeah I'm not using the injuries as a excuse, I feel next year we CAN reach the next level...no reason to think we can't. I'm saying if everone stays healthy next year...who knows.

The Jags went 8-8 last year...this year a lot of their guys stayed healthy and look what happened...

Not trying to get expectations up, I just think we do have chance (if we make some good moves here in the next few months) to reach the next level.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #355
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Well, guys, I feel good. I'm having another Jack and cooking some highly spiced chicken legs. This team is getting there. Slowly, but getting there.

I can't wait for the FA season to begin and for the draft. I am certainly looking forward to next season.

Old 12-30-2007   #356
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Yeah I'm not using the injuries as a excuse, I feel next year we CAN reach the next level...no reason to think we can't. I'm saying if everone stays healthy next year...who knows.

The Jags went 8-8 last year...this year a lot of their guys stayed healthy and look what happened...

Not trying to get expectations up, I just think we do have chance (if we make some good moves here in the next few months) to reach the next level.

same with the pack
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #357
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Quinn Gray must be from Harvard. Those damn Harvard back up QB's always gives our secondary fits.
FAM-U
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #358
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Oh Gawd. It's 10:30 at night an I just woke up from all my drinking this afternoon durning the game, and I feel horrible. I'm glad the Texans won, otherwise this pain would be even worse. I'm thinking, at my age, I should be rethinking about trying to keep up with the younger folks.

Old 12-30-2007   #359
brakos82
Hall of Fame

I'd say you've kept up considering you know how to get online.
*looks at my sleeping family and lols* It's only 8:30 here.

Quote:
Old 12-30-2007   #360
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I'd say you've kept up considering you know how to get online.
*looks at my sleeping family and lols* It's only 8:30 here.
I have a shortcut to this site. Even drunk, I can find my way here. LOL

Even in my horrible state, I'm still glad we made it t 8-8.

* looks around the kitchen for food *

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read