Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2007   #241
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Jaguars vs Texans: Going for 8-8 Gameday Thread!

I would say sit the starters, but half the starters are injured...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #242
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 832 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

TD TEXANS. we OWN these Jags.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #243
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fikster View Post
do you guys think the Texans will cut Ahman Green? I mean Walker looks pretty good and Chris Taylor coming back, what do you guys think about our RB's next year?
I'm fairly confident with Dayne, Walker, and Taylor. I think they can get it done.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #244
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Against back ups or not, we are actually playing football today.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #245
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I'm fairly confident with Dayne, Walker, and Taylor. I think they can get it done.

dump Green, get some O lineman, and go with it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #246
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fikster View Post
do you guys think the Texans will cut Ahman Green? I mean Walker looks pretty good and Chris Taylor coming back, what do you guys think about our RB's next year?
No, he's got too much money, and too many previous outstanding performances from earlier in his career to get completely jettisoned after 1 year.

He will fight for his spot on the roster I imagine though. I think that his real danger is he might become 2nd string or be below somebody on the depth chart.

Ron Dayne sweet.
Old 12-30-2007   #247
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Whose this Cox guy?

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2007   #248
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think we are going to bring in a young running back to be the starter (draft or FA), Dayne will be the backup, and Walker and Taylor will fight for the last spot.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #249
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I agree with this. If this carries to next year, I see no reason to get a new RB. Build that secondary and o-line. We need those more than we need a RB.

Old 12-30-2007   #250
Bungster
Rookie

Hello NON-WINNERS.

I guess you're all pretty proud that your sorry ass team can beat our backups.

Go hang your hat on that and your 8 and 8 record while they watch the playoffs on TV like you.
Bungster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #251
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Seneca's starting for Seattle. This should be fun to watch.

Quote:
Old 12-30-2007   #252
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
I agree with this. If this carries to next year, I see no reason to get a new RB. Build that secondary and o-line. We need those more than we need a RB.
Our RB situation is serviceable for an 8-8 team. With a good O line they'll be somewhat better. In the long run, we need a good RB. But the O line and the defensive backs need to come first.

Old 12-30-2007   #253
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Smells like smoked fish in Miami...

Quote:
Old 12-30-2007   #254
adam
Guero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Our RB situation is serviceable for an 8-8 team. With a good O line they'll be somewhat better. In the long run, we need a good RB. But the O line and the defensive backs need to come first.
Dayne will not last forever (unfortunately), but I've seen enough from Walker and Taylor to give them a chance to carry the load next year as we build our very weak spots. Hell, if Walker keeps playing the way he is...he could be that good RB of our future. He's got some pretty strong skills.

Old 12-30-2007   #255
adam
Guero

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Smells like smoked fish in Miami...
I would say it smells more like Tuna. Red hot Tuna.

Old 12-30-2007   #256
fikster
All Pro

Rep Power: 101 fikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I think we are going to bring in a young running back to be the starter (draft or FA), Dayne will be the backup, and Walker and Taylor will fight for the last spot.
if taylor comes back healthy after only playing one year and walker after the same, we could do some damage if we improve the line. wouldn't that fit into kubiak's philosphy of system running backs?
fikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #257
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Dayne will not last forever (unfortunately), but I've seen enough from Walker and Taylor to give them a chance to carry the load next year as we build our very weak spots. Hell, if Walker keeps playing the way he is...he could be that good RB of our future. He's got some pretty strong skills.
I think if Walker can really get some consistency with his runs, and maybe put on another 15 - 20 pounds he can be a star.

EDIT: This is me eating crow for basically saying Walker is nothing more than a 3rd down back. He's looking pretty good today.
Old 12-30-2007   #258
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Tuna and Dolphin. It's leaking out of my computer...

Quote:
Old 12-30-2007   #259
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Well, crap. We need another TD now. We just CAN NOT lose this game. We just can't. Damn it. I want an 8-8 season. I don't want to be a loser anymore. I'M TIRED OF THAT ****.

Old 12-30-2007   #260
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Well, crap. We need another TD now. We just CAN NOT lose this game. We just can't. Damn it. I want an 8-8 season. I don't want to be a loser anymore. I'M TIRED OF THAT ****.
/rant

Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read