Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-29-2007   #1
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Will the 72 Dolphins Uncork the bubbly?

My thought is no matter who wins tonight , the 72 Dolphins should uncork the bubbly . If the Pats win they could drink to the Pats 07 perfect season. A welcome to the club drink for New England. If the Giants win of course they will drink to that.
Old 12-29-2007   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will the 72 Dolphins Uncork the bubbly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
My thought is no matter who wins tonight , the 72 Dolphins should uncork the bubbly . If the Pats win they could drink to the Pats 07 perfect season. A welcome to the club drink for New England. If the Giants win of course they will drink to that.
The Pats have to win tonight then two play-off games and the Super Bowl before they equal / surpass what the 72 Dolphins did ..... Its Super Bowl or bust . Tonights game and the next two in the play-offs are meaningless if they dont win it all .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
The Pats have to win tonight then two play-off games and the Super Bowl before they equal / surpass what the 72 Dolphins did ..... Its Super Bowl or bust . Tonights game and the next two in the play-offs are meaningless if they dont win it all .
That depends on how you look at it. I see them as needing to win one more to match the Dolphins. Remember, their season was shorter. They went 14-0 in the regular season and finished 17-0. The Patriots are sitting on 16-0 tonight then they would have to win just one more to match it.

I get what you're trying to say but I'd have to call you as piling it on right now and trying to dismiss their efforts. For 15 games, a lot of people were asking if they would go 16-0. Not all the way to the Super Bowl. Why is it different now? Because they're ACTUALLY on the verge of having an undefeated regular season.

I think they just need to surpass the 17 game mark and they'll have overtaken the 1972 Miami Dolphins' immaculate season.

And we have kickoff! Go Pats!

For what it's worth, I think they'll win tonight but they'll stumble somewhere during the playoffs. I don't think they'll win it all. I want them to though.
Old 12-29-2007   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure , the 72 Phish won 17 consecutive games .... But the key to it all is the Champoinship ....... The Pats can equal that with a win tonight and in their first playoff game but if they dont win it all its not complete .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #5
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 66454 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I look at it as who gives a crap about the '72 Dolphins, 16-0, 17-0 or 19-0? The only thing that matters is Super Bowl Championships and the Brady Bunch currently have 3 to the Bubbly Boys 2. Seems to me, that party's over.

Yeah, I guess the perfect season is nice and all that, gives the media something to drool over, but the game that matters is over a month away.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
Sure , the 72 Phish won 17 consecutive games .... But the key to it all is the Champoinship ....... The Pats can equal that with a win tonight and in their first playoff game but if they dont win it all its not complete .
Who would you rather have playing for your home team right now? The 1972 Miami Dolphins or the 2007 New England Patriots? It really is just a matter of perspective. I actually think the 1973 Dolphins were a much better team than the 1972 Dolphins. Eh. Playing bad teams helps a teams' chances of acquiring a perfect record in which many consider the 1972 Dolphins schedule to have been one of the weakest schedules in the history of the NFL.

I think that my perspective is as of a fanatical fan who looks at stats and strength of schedule as well as other categories. Several NFL records are on the verge of being broken tonight in addition to the win/loss record.

Eh. If the Patriots lose tonight, I'll still consider them as to be the best overall team ever in the history of the NFL and I'll take them over the 1972 Miami Dolphins.
Old 12-29-2007   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

'Perfect season' includes playoffs and championship.

Last edited by aj.; 12-29-2007 at 08:49 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2007   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Wow! What a catch by Randy! One more TD for him and Brady and they will have broken the TD records. Brady for TD passes and Moss for TD receptions.

I smell perfection happening here tonight.
Old 12-29-2007   #9
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

what a game...so far
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #10
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

So far, good game, although I am getting fed up with the celebration penalties. A record is tied, and you act as if its no big deal. If that is one's personality, so be it.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
So far, good game, although I am getting fed up with the celebration penalties. A record is tied, and you act as if its no big deal. If that is one's personality, so be it.
I know. It ticks me off too! If only it were the Houston Texans doing those celebrations... I'd welcome the penalties.

It's fun when you're winning.
Old 12-29-2007   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
That depends on how you look at it. I see them as needing to win one more to match the Dolphins. Remember, their season was shorter. They went 14-0 in the regular season and finished 17-0. The Patriots are sitting on 16-0 tonight then they would have to win just one more to match it.

I get what you're trying to say but I'd have to call you as piling it on right now and trying to dismiss their efforts. For 15 games, a lot of people were asking if they would go 16-0. Not all the way to the Super Bowl. Why is it different now? Because they're ACTUALLY on the verge of having an undefeated regular season.

I think they just need to surpass the 17 game mark and they'll have overtaken the 1972 Miami Dolphins' immaculate season.

And we have kickoff! Go Pats!

For what it's worth, I think they'll win tonight but they'll stumble somewhere during the playoffs. I don't think they'll win it all. I want them to though.
plenty of people already think the '85 Bears passed the '72 dolphins for winning 18 games. if the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl, they're nowhere near perfect.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
plenty of people already think the '85 Bears passed the '72 dolphins for winning 18 games. if the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl, they're nowhere near perfect.
As well as the Patriots for winning 21 (22?) straight a couple seasons back.
Old 12-29-2007   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

It's OVER BABY! Ha haaa! Coach Shula, Mr Morris, Mr Kick, Mr Czonka Mr Gresie...SHUT THE DUCK UP! BWA HA HA HA HAAAAAA! Okay! Now, to the Dallas Cowgirls. Get your play-off loss out of the way so that I can start hating Thomasina Brady and Bill Belecheat again.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #15
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
It's OVER BABY! Ha haaa! Coach Shula, Mr Morris, Mr Kick, Mr Czonka Mr Gresie...SHUT THE DUCK UP! BWA HA HA HA HAAAAAA! Okay! Now, to the Dallas Cowgirls. Get your play-off loss out of the way so that I can start hating Thomasina Brady and Bill Belecheat again.
Hold your horses they still have to win the superbowl.
Old 12-29-2007   #16
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow. Would you like a little sugar for those sour grapes? In all seriousness however I still lift a glass to the 72 fish. They were a hell of a team. They set a record that stood until a few minutes ago and that deserves all of our respect. A former bud of mine tries to give the Dallas Cowboys credit for the perfect season by saying that the Dolphins were so busted up from losing the previous Superbowl that they played the 72 season with a sense of purpose and the Cowboys gave them that. I think that theory is complete BULL$HIT but that's me. Heres to TWO great teams.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"

Last edited by Dread-Head; 12-29-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Old 12-29-2007   #17
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Hold your horses they still have to win the superbowl.
Then can I start hating them again?
Old 12-29-2007   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 145529 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see how this is a bad thing against the '72 Dolphins. Now another team joins them in popping the bubbly next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #19
gwallaia

Rep Power: 82734 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ahhhh, the '07 Dolphins were so close to perfection.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #20
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 145529 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Two other teams have gone undefeated in the regular season - not like the fins were the only ones. They are, so far, the only ones to win every game. Maybe the Pats join them, maybe they don't.

Who really cares? If it ain't the Texans - I could give a flying....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read