Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texas Bowl - Houston/TCU

PapaL

Loose Screw
This has been a fairly good game. I've been switching back forth between this and the MD/OR St Game.

Get the feeling UH just has to score here in the last minute.

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The last two minutes were quite interesting and could have had an exciting tie. UH could use a running game and reduce the number of QB sacks. Overall it was a good game and I had my first opportunity to watch a game in the Bull Pen, although the seats weren't that comfortable.

If not mistaken, in the post game report the announcer said that TCU had 45 either red shirt or true freshment on the team. If correct, they will probably be a powerful team for the next few years.

TCU's QB is aweful. A disgrace to DI football and the Katy HS program.

Aldridge will not play in the NFL.

Blake looked heavy and slow. Not a first day pick IMO.

The game was sloppy and a really poor football game until the 4th quarter.

On a side note, I sat behind a group of like 20 drunk Asians rooting for UH. They dropped over $400 on beer just during the game.

Another side note, as we were headed back to the car, a UH fan said something to me about my KU sweatshirt and hat, and I while I usually let this stuff go, I turned and told him the ****** off. We are bolwing for oranges and his team just lost in the Texas bowl. Also, KU beat UH like 3 years ago before we had a great team. I let him have it a lot more too, but we don't need to post it.

gwallaia

Staff member
TCU's run defense is tremendous. Anthony Alridge was kept in check for the whole game except for one 22 yard run. #29 for TCU is a great defensive player.

I look forward to Case Keenumn's development as the Cougar QB over the next 2-3 years.

Go Coogs!

I didnt really have to read any further than this garbage... I am sure its all the same after that.
Did you happen to see any of the missed thorws he made last night? Did you happen to watch any of the TCU offensive series? The kid was aweful. Did you happen to know which color TCU was wearing? Did you happen to know that the QB is the one throwing the ball? Did you happen to know that the ball is supposed to come close to a recievers hands on every pass?

Don't give me s**t about my opinion being garbage. Watch the game.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
Did you happen to see any of the missed thorws he made last night? Did you happen to watch any of the TCU offensive series? The kid was aweful. Did you happen to know which color TCU was wearing? Did you happen to know that the QB is the one throwing the ball? Did you happen to know that the ball is supposed to come close to a recievers hands on every pass?

For the record , Dalton was 21/30 for 249 yds with an 8.3 avg. and 1 int , not to bad .

Were you drinking with the Asians ?

For the record , Dalton was 21/30 for 249 yds with an 8.3 avg. and 1 int , not to bad .

Were you drinking with the Asians ?
No. I was watching the game. His passes were horrible. He got his WR's laid out. He was high on many passes. He overthrew every deep ball by a laughable margin. He killed at least 2 or 3 drives with passes in the dirt in front of his recievers. Stats mean nothing, if they did, David Carr would be an All-Pro especially after his 22 straight completions or something.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
No. I was watching the game. His passes were horrible. He got his WR's laid out. He was high on many passes. He overthrew every deep ball by a laughable margin. He killed at least 2 or 3 drives with passes in the dirt in front of his recievers. Stats mean nothing, if they did, David Carr would be an All-Pro especially after his 22 straight completions or something.
I think he was MVP .

TEXANS84

Staff member
And he won the game. The interception was a hail mary at the end of the first half.

The Cougar QB would have been sacked an additional 6 times if he didn't cover himself in vaseline.

And he won the game. The interception was a hail mary at the end of the first half.

The Cougar QB would have been sacked an additional 6 times if he didn't cover himself in vaseline.
Yes, the Coug QB had some insane escapes, and I'm not talking about the INT. That was a hail mary, granted a very bad one, but not something I'm too critical of honestly. I am much more critical of the errant passes he made throughout the game that cost his teams drives.

As a side note, both punters looked very good, but both punt coverage teams did not. TCU's return man looked very good as well.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
I left right after the final play, but there was no deserving MVP in that game. I thought the UH QB deserved it more than the TCU QB based on actual gameplay. The media who had to cover the first 58 minutes of that game should be given the MVP.
I watched some and thought that Avery for UH and Ortiz for TCU were the most impressive .

I watched some and thought that Avery for UH and Ortiz for TCU were the most impressive .
Ortiz did play pretty well all night. He had a nice pass deflection early and made plays all night to an extent. I also believe he recorded the sack to end the game. That's my MVP if the media isn't willing to share it I guess.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
Ortiz did play pretty well all night. He had a nice pass deflection early and made plays all night to an extent. I also believe he recorded the sack to end the game. That's my MVP if the media isn't willing to share it I guess.
I thought Avery could have caught 20 passes the way TCU backed off . I guess UH was trying to spread the ball out .

It was Ortiz who got that last sack . Blake the was said to have gained 50 lbs during his sabatical .

Blake in the 6th ... worth a shot if he gets his head right . I think he wants to be a minister also .

Tailgate

Fall of Hame

I was at the game. Your opinion is garbage because you sit here and try to say how awful the man was who ended up being the frickin MVP of the bowl game. Sure he wasnt perfect... but awful?? I mean the guy is a Fresh and led his team to victory. Meaning you are going overboard. And an embarrassment to Katy? I went to Katy pal, and I am definitely not embarrassed. Again, OVERBOARD.

BTW... yes I can comprehend colors. And I did see that 70% of the time Daltons passes DID land in the intended receivers hands. 21 of 30. Not too shabby. A 10% better completion % than Case. And I am a UH fan btw.

I was at the game. Your opinion is garbage because you sit here and try to say how awful the man was who ended up being the frickin MVP of the bowl game. Sure he wasnt perfect... but awful?? I mean the guy is a Fresh and led his team to victory. Meaning you are going overboard. And an embarrassment to Katy? I went to Katy pal, and I am definitely not embarrassed. Again, OVERBOARD.

BTW... yes I can comprehend colors. And I did see that 70% of the time Daltons passes DID land in the intended receivers hands. 21 of 30. Not too shabby. A 10% better completion % than Case. And I am a UH fan btw.
Watch the game again then. The passes he missed were easy passes with the exception of a deep ball, and even the deep balls his WR had the DB beat. Yes, he made some short to intermediate passes that ANY DI QB should make, and that is great honestly. But he also missed some dang easy passes that EVERY varsity HS QB should make as well. I'm not looking at the stats or completion % because I watched him play. He made some plays he is expected to make, and then painfully missed others he is expected to make at that level.

I thought Avery could have caught 20 passes the way TCU backed off . I guess UH was trying to spread the ball out .

It was Ortiz who got that last sack . Blake the was said to have gained 50 lbs during his sabatical .

Blake in the 6th ... worth a shot if he gets his head right . I think he wants to be a minister also .
I was unaware of Blake's huge weight increase. He is no longer a prototypical 3-4 OLB IMO. He will probably be a second day pick now, likely in the 5th-6th as you suggested.

Tailgate

Fall of Hame
Watch the game again then. The passes he missed were easy passes with the exception of a deep ball, and even the deep balls his WR had the DB beat. Yes, he made some short to intermediate passes that ANY DI QB should make, and that is great honestly. But he also missed some dang easy passes that EVERY varsity HS QB should make as well. I'm not looking at the stats or completion % because I watched him play. He made some plays he is expected to make, and then painfully missed others he is expected to make at that level.

uh huh... probably (cant think of any others) the only starting QB Katy has put out into Div 1 that has led his team to a bowl victory by completing 21 of 30 and was named Bowl MVP on top of that is apparently awful and an embarrassment to Katy??? riiiiiight. Face it, you were just pissed off last night from sitting in front of the drunk Asians and the smack talk that happened where ever.

uh huh... probably (cant think of any others) the only starting QB Katy has put out into Div 1 that has led his team to a bowl victory by completing 21 of 30 and was named Bowl MVP on top of that is apparently awful and an embarrassment to Katy??? riiiiiight. Face it, you were just pissed off last night from sitting in front of the drunk Asians and the smack talk that happened where ever.
I was upset because the game was sloppy and not indicative of what Texas football in general is known for. The Asians were cracking me up toasting 10 times per beer and the smack talk was funny because I just laughed in their faces when I had the chance and reminded them that they were playing in the Texas bowl. The game was sloppy. What he did in Katy's offense is just fine, and I don't follow them that much. My cousin goes there, but she is in the band. 21 of 30 means nothing if you actually saw the game. David Carr had better stats on many occasions in the NFL and had a very bad game. He was named MVP because nobody else deserved it any more than anyone else. He just happened to be the QB of the winning team. Quit throwing out completion % garbage because it is meaningless.

Tailgate

Fall of Hame
I was upset because the game was sloppy and not indicative of what Texas football in general is known for. The Asians were cracking me up toasting 10 times per beer and the smack talk was funny because I just laughed in their faces when I had the chance and reminded them that they were playing in the Texas bowl. The game was sloppy. What he did in Katy's offense is just fine, and I don't follow them that much. My cousin goes there, but she is in the band. 21 of 30 means nothing if you actually saw the game. David Carr had better stats on many occasions in the NFL and had a very bad game. He was named MVP because nobody else deserved it any more than anyone else. He just happened to be the QB of the winning team. Quit throwing out completion % garbage because it is meaningless.
You were upset because the game was sloppy, yet you were making fun of some because of the level of bowl game their team was in??? Again, the bottom line is you were annoyed at the smack talk you received and thought a nice rant would demean the event which was overall a great time.

Next time just dont get ahead of yourself and speak for everyone else from Katy and call him an embarrassment when he is EXACTLY the opposite.

You were upset because the game was sloppy, yet you were making fun of some because of the level of bowl game their team was in??? Again, the bottom line is you were annoyed at the smack talk you received and thought a nice rant would demean the event which was overall a great time.

Next time just dont get ahead of yourself and speak for everyone else from Katy and call him an embarrassment when he is EXACTLY the opposite.
I'm done trying to talk with you. Nothing gets through. You are right, I'm a horrible judge of talent and people on this board wait for your particular judge of talent every year. I am wrong. Let me apologize for being such a horrible, horrible talent evaluator. Get a life.

Tailgate

Fall of Hame
I'm done trying to talk with you. Nothing gets through. You are right, I'm a horrible judge of talent and people on this board wait for your particular judge of talent every year. I am wrong. Let me apologize for being such a horrible, horrible talent evaluator. Get a life.
No, I am sorry...you are right. We should all from Katy be embarrassed of Andy Dalton! lol

aj.

All Pro
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/5409982.html

Dec. 29, 2007, 12:37PM
Dalton a hometown hero for TCU
Katy native leads Frogs to victory with passing skills

Despite rushing for a first-half touchdown, nerves and the opposing defense seemed to get the best of TCU quarterback Andy Dalton for much of the first three quarters.

He couldn't be blamed. Not only was the freshman playing in his first bowl game, but he was doing so before a hometown crowd, of which at least two thirds was rooting against him.

Once Dalton settled down, the Katy native did what he had come to Reliant Stadium to do Friday night — lead the Horned Frogs to victory over the Houston Cougars at the Texas Bowl. ...

Already the most prolific freshman passer in school history with 2,459 yards on the season, Dalton set TCU season records for completions (222) and attempts (371). He entered the game needing seven completions to eclipse Max Knake's 1993 mark of 207 and 29 attempts to pass Knake's 1995 mark of 369.

"Tremendous job tonight by Andy Dalton," TCU coach Gary Patterson said.

One of the most promising quarterbacks in TCU history, he showed signs of brilliance, particularly during a drive late in third the quarter that yielded an early fourth-quarter touchdown and proved to be the difference for the Horned Frogs.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
I saw Yankee in Texas on TV....in case you see this Ryan and have it recorded it was 8:18 in the 4th QTR....nice horns!
Rep for that, I can fast forward! Those were the Battle Red horns I never got to wear :( Maybe tomorrow.

Who are those handsome guys?! (me, TX Bill, TX David, and is you see the horns in the background, Adam)

Showtime100

Got JJ?
TCU's QB is aweful. A disgrace to DI football and the Katy HS program.

Aldridge will not play in the NFL.

Blake looked heavy and slow. Not a first day pick IMO.

The game was sloppy and a really poor football game until the 4th quarter.

On a side note, I sat behind a group of like 20 drunk Asians rooting for UH. They dropped over $400 on beer just during the game.

Another side note, as we were headed back to the car, a UH fan said something to me about my KU sweatshirt and hat, and I while I usually let this stuff go, I turned and told him the ****** off. We are bolwing for oranges and his team just lost in the Texas bowl. Also, KU beat UH like 3 years ago before we had a great team. I let him have it a lot more too, but we don't need to post it.
I saw this post last night and due to the timing (late Friday night) and the lack of tact, not to mention the combative time you seemed to have had at the game I left it alone figuring you were just drunk and I didn't want to add to your day after embarrassment. Now I see you defend such a post. Shame on you. I would rather sit near a bunch of "drunk Asians" than a KU fan who suddenly thinks he knows it all simply because his team finally came out of their 40-year funk. Guess it wouldn't have been so bad if they weren't Asians, huh?

I saw the game at home, Dalton played as good as you could ask of a red-shirt freshman.

I saw this post last night and due to the timing (late Friday night) and the lack of tact, not to mention the combative time you seemed to have had at the game I left it alone figuring you were just drunk and I didn't want to add to your day after embarrassment. Now I see you defend such a post. Shame on you. I would rather sit near a bunch of "drunk Asians" than a KU fan who suddenly thinks he knows it all simply because his team finally came out of their 40-year funk. Guess it wouldn't have been so bad if they weren't Asians, huh?

I saw the game at home, Dalton played as good as you could ask of a red-shirt freshman.
I will defend KU at all times, I've grown up watching our team suck and I'm going to enjoy this ride while it lasts. However, I gave my opinion of the game and was attacked saying it was garbage. You are dang right I'm going to defend it and myself.

Also, why are you trying to put words in my mouth and make me seem as a racist? They were Asian. I never bashed them excpet to say they were drunk, which was another fact. Get off your high horse. Yeah, my team hasn't been good at football for a while, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to get in your face to defend them.

TxDavid

Veteran
Rep for that, I can fast forward! Those were the Battle Red horns I never got to wear :( Maybe tomorrow.

Who are those handsome guys?! (me, TX Bill, TX David, and is you see the horns in the background, Adam)

LOL...Hope no one at work saw that....I was playing hooky....

Showtime100

Got JJ?
I will defend KU at all times, I've grown up watching our team suck and I'm going to enjoy this ride while it lasts. However, I gave my opinion of the game and was attacked saying it was garbage. You are dang right I'm going to defend it and myself.

Also, why are you trying to put words in my mouth and make me seem as a racist? They were Asian. I never bashed them excpet to say they were drunk, which was another fact. Get off your high horse. Yeah, my team hasn't been good at football for a while, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to get in your face to defend them.
You started all this, I didn't. I found it funny you felt the need to add a nationality to the drunks, it says a lot. If by a while you mean this year, yeah, KU has been good a while..lol. I don't have to put words in your mouth, you do that just fine. I'm amazed you can still find room, what with that foot in there and all.

I'm not on a high horse, I just can't believe your ridiculous post to start all of this. As I said before I saw it last night and left it alone. I assumed you were just a little drunk. Guess I was wrong.

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man

Cool, glad you saw the post. I paused the game and called my wife in the room, with something like "remember the guy you met in the BullPen with Pam during the titans game who knew me and said he had our car magnet on his refrigerator.....well that's the guy"....LOL.

TigerV1

Rookie
You also understand he's a redshirt freshman right? There's a bit of a learning curve.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
So we have two Fr QBs playing in their first bowl game.
And Case Keenum without his HC nor either Offensive Co-Ordinator.
The Cougars don't even have a playbook.

With Case having proved that he can throw a few INTs without thinking like MS and Sage, there was nothing wrong with the Frogs keying on Alridge and make the young QB prove otherwise.
He didn't throw any INT, but didn't make enough good decisions either, far from that.

As far as Alridge's future is concerned, his stature might scare the NFL teams away. But make no mistake that Nick Saban had said the guy is as good as any player he had seen. Perhaps he was only talking about just this year, still that was after his team had played the Razorbacks.