Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-27-2007   #1
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Changing philosophy?

nothing major but i thought this was an interesting quote from gary after thursdays practice

Quote:
(on QB Sage Rosenfels’ performance) “He’s only played in how many games? I mean, very few. How many (touchdowns) have him and Matt (Schaub) thrown together? 24 or 23? Something like that. I really think that we’re capable of putting up some big numbers down the road. I think we are a few hundred yards short of 4,000 passing yards. That’s a big step. That’s learning how to throw the ball. We should only get better with the group of people we have.”
seems like he thinks we can become a pass-oriented offence
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #2
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11706 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Changing philosophy?

It will be interesting to see what Kubes will do or what direction he plans on going now that Sherman will be gone. Will we draft O-line and a RB to fit the Denver style ZB scheme, or will we stick more with Shermans Power Zone scheme? Or, will we become more of a passing first offense to set up the run? With what we have now, we seem to be more suited to this passing offense. I guess alot will depend on who Kubes brings in as the new OC. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah it's a big step but I bet Kubiak would trade 500 of those passing yards for 500 more rushing yards.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting Quote.

I think that as the personal is right now we are a better passing team, we seemed to have had solid pass blocking all season and have some good weapons in the passing game.

Compare this to our run game with poor run blocking for the majority of the season and bits and pieces RB's.

I would prefer a solid run game but till we can find the pieces to fit that we should go with what works, throwing the ball.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #5
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Kubiak is changing philosophies as much as doing what it takes to win a football game. Remember good ol' Dom rarely deviated from his run first mantra.

Anyway, there is still enough room in the texans offensive production to have a 1200-1400 yards rusher and 4000 yards passing. Not an either or issue.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #6
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he realizes the Texans have no real RB threat. It's better than forcing it with a subpar running game.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007   #7
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 8295 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Did someone finally get the message to him that Ron Dayne is not a superstar? Maybe his wife threatened him with the sofa ........
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2007   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing that impresses me about Kubiak at the point, the end of his second year as an NFL HC, is the confidant tone of his statements. Maybe it's my imagination, but I think his remarks just have a different ring to them than they did when he first took over before the 2006 season ?
I think it will be very interesting to see the focus of his Draft picks and FA acquisitions and coaching hires, especially his choice to replace Sherman now
that he's left for A&M.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no idea how to take the quote, I am really getting sick and tired of having these dumb ass quotes stuck out there without knowing what the damn question was.
Old 12-28-2007   #10
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

I've been saying it for awhile, but we ARE a passing football team. When we try to be a running football team, things become very ugly. Until we get a strong offensive line and a premier running back who can make it an entire season, we will continue to be one dimensional in respect to the offensive philosophy. What's unfortunate is that we aren't a particularly great passing offense either. Both of our QBs are average at best, our "premier" TE has a bad case of stone hands/butterfingers, and we only have one WR that is a real threat. All of this is made even worse by the fact that we have no offensive line at all. Who'd have thought that Brisiel would be our best offensive lineman at the end of the year?

We have a lot of work to do in the offseason.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read